• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So this is a thing for some reason.

Enjoy.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey guys, I’m back. Did you miss me? (ha, good one Dylly)
How are you all?

I have a lot of things I need to address with people, but for now, I really need to get some rest. Apologies.
I’ll see you all later.
Good to see you back and well, bud.

D

Deleted member

How are you all?

I have a lot of things I need to address with people, but for now, I really need to get some rest. Apologies.
I’ll see you all later.
I’m doing great! how goes things?

D

Deleted member

So this is a thing for some reason.

Enjoy.
I personally don't give a crud about NiGHTS, but she's the closest thing to a second mascot Sega has so I don't see why they don't do more with her. It's not like they're afraid of experimentation if their track record with Sonic says anything. Plus the series has great music.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

How are you all?

I’ll see you all later.
I'm doing fine how are you?

D

Deleted member

That..... I still have no idea why NRS thinks any of that is a good idea. We want to PLAY a game. Not be enslaved by it.
Not to say NRS isn't partly at fault but WB were probably the ones who thought it was a good idea, they've done this kind of **** with all of their recent games outside of Hitman 2. Live services are the hot thing right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How are you all?

I’ll see you all later.
Welcome back here. :)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
From what im aware of

-$60 base game
-$40 Season pass that was announced with the game reveal
-day one DLC character on the disc used as a pre-order bonus
-microtransactions
-an entire single player mode is always online with features that will die once the servers are killed
-Denuvo

basically most of the stuff people hated capcom fighting games for last gen
That's not really much different than, like, every game released since 2015 though.

In fact, MKX had most of that minus the microtransactions. That's the only thing new.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also my scrubby friend got his first taste of Joker and Mementos and boy was he steaming. Constantly getting upset at Morgana not shutting up (which tbh same) and even yelling that I need to stop that ****ing gun cause I gimped him twice with it and just spammed Gun Special to annoy him

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's fairly obvious that everyone dead (or at least everyone dead getting a movie; vision and wanda may stay permadead idk) will come back to life at some point because of some mystery magic thing. I mean, Thanos' infinity gauntlet is ****ed up rn. What even is he gonna do? Is he just gonna sit there and go "alright, kill me, won't bring your friends back lmao" and then they gotta find a way to bring their friends back.

Also, either Tony or, probably this one even though I don't like it, Captain Marvel will kill Thanos. They were the special snowflakes that are either pushed by Doctor Strange exposition or heavy marketing because of a recent movie.

I feel like this one is a lot less of a hitter than Infinity War, because you didn't expect everyone to ****ing die at the end of the movie. It's really a two-parter story though, so it's obvious to me that it's gonna have some type of happy end at the sacrifice of someone.

my friend told me hawkeye died and first of all, **** move dude, second of all, yeah no **** that was probably going to happen since he was training bootleg katniss everdeen to do his job without him being there so whatever

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 211729
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's gonna be a random unnamed civilian, cause if we can't get Carol and Valkyrie together, for who the latter is canonically bi, then what's the point
inb4 Doctor Strange is Bisexual.

That'd be awesome and hilarious (by that I mean it going against the comics not that being Bisexual is hilarious cause I'm bi myself) I think out of all the males in the Avengers team Strange seems like the most likely candidate though that's going against the Comics IIRC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
inb4 Doctor Strange is Bisexual.

That'd be awesome and I think out of all the males in the Avengers team Strange seems like the most likely candidate though that's going against the Comics IIRC.
If they do that I'm honestly going to be disappointed as Strange is honestly the weakest imo
How are you all?

I’ll see you all later.
*hug*

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I just hope Injustice 3 doesn’t get the same treatment. The grind in that game was horrible too.
I hope Injustice 3 gets, you know, Plastic Man.
Literally no reason for him not to be in the game yet. The biggest DC character yet to be playable. But instead, hey, let's make a 2nd MK character DLC.
Such nonsense.

D

Deleted member

If they do that I'm honestly going to be disappointed as Strange is honestly the weakest imo

*hug*
Strange is the weakest how? as in the least interesting Avenger? cause I disagree with that entirely, Strange is an awesome character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Literally no reason for him not to be in the game yet. The biggest DC character yet to be playable. But instead, hey, let's make a 2nd MK character DLC.
Such nonsense.
idk if he's the biggest as I feel Booster Gold is more iconic but Plastic Man deserves better. DC better give him a Shazam tier movie

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just hope Injustice 3 doesn’t get the same treatment. The grind in that game was horrible too.
It was only bad if you wanted to do the Legendary Multiverses (why weren't they retroactive either?)
You could still do regular ones without loads of bull**** modifiers or steep requirements and still get a fair amount of good gear.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Strange is the weakest how? as in the least interesting Avenger? cause I disagree with that entirely, Strange is an awesome character.
I just found him thoroughly uninteresting, his movie being just 'pretty effects' for the most part to me doesn't help either. Mordo's going to need more development and I want Dormammu to be an ass

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Such nonsense.
I liked Sub-Zero, but Raiden was overkill.

I just want a second MK vs. DCU game, or at least, a revisiting of the concept.

But yeah, Plastic Man, Static, Booster Gold, John Constantine. All of these guys should make it in.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
idk if he's the biggest as I feel Booster Gold is more iconic but Plastic Man deserves better. DC better give him a Shazam tier movie
Plastic Man I think is the biggest by virtue of being one of the most indisputably recognizable and oldest figures left in DC who are still relevant.
And he's also already in the comics. He deserves a lot more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
not really caring about who the LGBT character ends up being. it's probably not going to affect their overall character, so it's not much a character arc for me and more of that .gif of tyler the creator going "okay".

don't expect it to be captain marvel though, there's a war machine to date and then later grieve

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
not really caring about who the LGBT character ends up being. it's probably not going to affect their overall character, so it's not much a character arc for me and more of that .gif of tyler the creator going "okay".

don't expect it to be captain marvel though, there's a war machine to date and then later grieve
Haven't seen Cap Marvel, did they actually make War Machine relevant for once?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Haven't seen Cap Marvel, did they actually make War Machine relevant for once?
?

She did date Rhodes for a bit in the comics a bit before and during Civil War 2.

He was Iron Man a bunch of times in the comics. Everyone expected him to replace Tony after Civil War 2 after what people saw happen to Cap in Civil War 1 before, y'know, ****ing getting ripped apart by a big purple man.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I personally don't give a crud about NiGHTS, but she's the closest thing to a second mascot Sega has so I don't see why they don't do more with her. It's not like they're afraid of experimentation if their track record with Sonic says anything. Plus the series has great music.

Because
  1. Sega's holding company is only interested in low-risk, high-reward scenarios. Sega hasn't been allowed to be experimental in like a decade+.
  2. NiGHTS only has two games total in its 24 year history.
  3. Yuji Naka, the brain behind the games, left Sega years ago and has publicly stated he has no interest in working on his old Sega properties.
NiGHTS is one of the first games I ever remember beating and it was absolutely magical. I ****ing love the series. But there's not a public demand for the series overwhelming enough for Sega to care. They barely even sell official merchandise and haven't done anything with the franchise since releasing an "HD remaster" (it's just the Japan-exclusive PS2 remaster repackaged) on 360/PS3/Steam in 2008. That's eleven years of nothing.

People complain about droughts in here. Try being a ****ing NiGHTS fan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was only bad if you wanted to do the Legendary Multiverses (why weren't they retroactive either?)
You could still do regular ones without loads of bull**** modifiers or steep requirements and still get a fair amount of good gear.
Tell that to the Staff of Grayson.

Seriously, I only ever made custom characters in that game to apply the Premier Skins. Never bothered with anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom