• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Persona 5: Smash Announcement
Atlus & Nintendo favourite thing to do.

Yeah, I think you got it good, we are going to get more annoucement of annoucements.

There still be no SMT:V annoucement however, because Atlus either forgot about that franchise or they got a grudge against it for some reason.
Okay, but we're not talking about Duke Nukem Forever here. Games that take a while to release after announcement are Atlus' SOP.

I'll be genuinely shocked if we even get anything new from those guys.

It's the difference between "I want stuff I actually like" and "yo, this series should have stuff just because it's supposed to".

Please tell me I'm not the only one who seriously thinks it's really for "Shoot 'em Up".
Oh don't worry, I wasn't really refering to P5 in particular, more just the general idea that bad publicity is always good for the game/movie/etc...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Am I right in thinking the concert starts in like 12-13 hours?
All I got is this:

https://personacentral.com/persona-super-live-2019-live-stream-announced-for-april-24-25-2019/

If EDT is correct, it'll start at 6:30 AM in the morning.

Atlus & Nintendo favourite thing to do.

Yeah, I think you got it good, we are going to get more annoucement of annoucements.

There still be no SMT:V annoucement however, because Atlus either forgot about that franchise or they got a grudge against it for some reason.

Oh don't worry, I wasn't really refering to P5 in particular, more just the general idea that bad publicity is always good for the game/movie/etc...
Maybe they don't want to get sued by the guy who did the original Megami Tensei novel, so the only way to avoid that is replace it with Persona.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look, all I'll say is this.

If you're expecting Persona 5 on Switch, wait three years, at the least. About the same time Cloud got his due, but hey, we got 9, 10, 10-2 and 12, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
15 hours until P5R

another day for P5S
15? maybe that makes sense.

Altho, considering how long those are, it might be a lot longer to see anything p5r related. not sure when they'd show news of it

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Easy.

One: Joker got in Smash Bros. Atlus could have used that to flex on how Joker would work.

Two: Atlus and Nintendo are good friends.

Three: Etrian Odyssey is on the 3DS, and if you can get Etrian Odyssey on the 3DS exclusive, then you can put Persona 5 on the Switch.

Four: Persona 5 is Sega-owned. Bayonetta got on the Switch, and that means Persona has a chance to get on the Switch.

Five: It would be the perfect marketing strategy for Atlus, as it would appeal to the Nintendo fans, which is a large crowd.
Shiny, I can use the exact same arguments for other Sega franchises, or any other 3rd party franchise in general.

If you're going to make legitimate point, you gotta bring more than the generic "this company is friends w/ Nintendo and has another one of their franchises on a Nintendo console" argument.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
13 hours from now. 2 AM PST.
Oh yeah. See i had it right. Gentlepanda Gentlepanda you probably forgot to take away 2 hours.

All I got is this:

https://personacentral.com/persona-super-live-2019-live-stream-announced-for-april-24-25-2019/

If EDT is correct, it'll start at 6:30 AM in the morning.

Maybe they don't want to get sued by the guy who did the original Megami Tensei novel, so the only way to avoid that is replace it with Persona.
I'll be honest, i'll probably miss it, it's not a time i'd be awake XD

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If Jane gets confirmed tonight

Im not gonna do it
Because I will be on a bus :v

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Me: "There's no way they're setting up a big concert AND a huge trailer at 3 AM in the morning."
Atlus:
patrick-3am.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
for peeps that wanna know when KH3 crit mode is up and arent est
I might do a run of Crit mode over the summer, but I might also wait until the end of the year when they've added all the new content.

I'm just excited they let you carry over Keyblades from an old save file. I can use Grand Chef instead of Hero's Origin since its finisher is so much better.

Ultima Weapon and Classic Tone from the beginning are exciting too.

D

Deleted member

Oh god, the full Endgame spoilers are here. I haven't seen em, but they're out there. We only need to survive for 3 more days.

D

Deleted member

Shiny, this is worse than your Erdrick argument.
None of those points are actual evidence, I hope you know.
Joker got revealed in Smash Bros, it would be a very good time for Atlus to put it on the Switch.

Is there a good reason why Atlus would not want Persona 5, a very popular game, on the Switch?

Tell me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh god, the full Endgame spoilers are here. I haven't seen em, but they're out there. We only need to survive for 3 more days.
Welp

Guess it’s time to go on an almost complete internet blackout save for a few sites I really really trust and discord...I am not even seeing ONE spoiler before I watch it

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Your idea being...?
In a nutshell, bring Resident Evil back to its roots (this was written post-RE6 demo) by starring Rebecca Chambers in a hospital at the moment of a new virus outbreak trying to escape the hospital's quarantine lockdown.

Essentially, it would put a major emphasis on resources as finding any guns on the premises would be difficult. Rebecca is a mainstay but not a military-trained super soldier like the rest of the cast; she would have found a happy life with a medical profession in some remote city like Raccoon City some 15 years after the incident, leaving out the power fantasy associated with modern RE games and instead leaving the player feeling vulnerable.

You'd find makeshift melee weapons like, say, a frying pan from the lounge or scissors from the front desk that would offer you a way of limited self-defense that doesn't kill enemies, but rather, offers you limited opportunities to get past them and into new areas without spending other resources. Damage would actually apply to various parts of your body, so getting bit on the ankle limits your running speed, getting slashed on the shoulder means you can only fire with your other arm, hurting your accuracy, etc. Rather than just herbs/first aid sprays, you apply Rebecca's medical knowledge by fixing up wounds with specific methods and medicines, meaning you have to find the right stuff to fix your problem as it happens. If you need to fix your arm but all this room has is antiviral medicine, guess you need to get to the next area without using any two handed weapons.

The hospital itself would take inspiration from RE2 in blending modern and traditional architecture by saying the hospital had to move into a much older building after a devastating collapse of the newer building-- which in turn would turn out to be a part of the grander conspiracy after you find a way out of the hospital that leads you straight to the underground facilities beneath the previous hospital's remains. REmake/RE3 style choices that affect the story would make a return to give a reason for multiple playthroughs, as well as a "B campaign" much like what RE2make did that skips much of the tutorial segments and changes the order of things so you don't know exactly what to do anymore.

I'd even wrote up a plan for how to introduce the player to the game's new concepts at the beginning of the game, involving a fire taking out the building's medical supplies storage and Rebecca getting injured, forcing the player to go down a zombie-infested hallway with makeshift weapons to get to the room where Rebecca can heal herself. Character damage would be persistent to some degree, with visual changes to the character model after major injuries. And I wanted a side story like Ada's in RE4 or Jill's in RE5's DLC, offering a varied, shorter gameplay experience through the perspective of another character who was trying to break into the building and stop the outbreak (funny enough, I wanted that character to be Chris, who got that exact treatment in RE7).

So yeah. That's the idea.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Jane gets confirmed tonight

Im not gonna do it
Because I will be on a bus :v
define confirmed, because there's not a snowball's chance in hell that we see anything from smash tonight

if she's a feMC though, that's a start

D

Deleted member

In a nutshell, bring Resident Evil back to its roots (this was written post-RE6 demo) by starring Rebecca Chambers in a hospital at the moment of a new virus outbreak trying to escape the hospital's quarantine lockdown.

Essentially, it would put a major emphasis on resources as finding any guns on the premises would be difficult. Rebecca is a mainstay but not a military-trained super soldier like the rest of the cast; she would have found a happy life with a medical profession in some remote city like Raccoon City some 15 years after the incident, leaving out the power fantasy associated with modern RE games and instead leaving the player feeling vulnerable.

You'd find makeshift melee weapons like, say, a frying pan from the lounge or scissors from the front desk that would offer you a way of limited self-defense that doesn't kill enemies, but rather, offers you limited opportunities to get past them and into new areas without spending other resources. Damage would actually apply to various parts of your body, so getting bit on the ankle limits your running speed, getting slashed on the shoulder means you can only fire with your other arm, hurting your accuracy, etc. Rather than just herbs/first aid sprays, you apply Rebecca's medical knowledge by fixing up wounds with specific methods and medicines, meaning you have to find the right stuff to fix your problem as it happens. If you need to fix your arm but all this room has is antiviral medicine, guess you need to get to the next area without using any two handed weapons.

The hospital itself would take inspiration from RE2 in blending modern and traditional architecture by saying the hospital had to move into a much older building after a devastating collapse of the newer building-- which in turn would turn out to be a part of the grander conspiracy after you find a way out of the hospital that leads you straight to the underground facilities beneath the previous hospital's remains. REmake/RE3 style choices that affect the story would make a return to give a reason for multiple playthroughs, as well as a "B campaign" much like what RE2make did that skips much of the tutorial segments and changes the order of things so you don't know exactly what to do anymore.

I'd even wrote up a plan for how to introduce the player to the game's new concepts at the beginning of the game, involving a fire taking out the building's medical supplies storage and Rebecca getting injured, forcing the player to go down a zombie-infested hallway with makeshift weapons to get to the room where Rebecca can heal herself. Character damage would be persistent to some degree, with visual changes to the character model after major injuries. And I wanted a side story like Ada's in RE4 or Jill's in RE5's DLC, offering a varied, shorter gameplay experience through the perspective of another character who was trying to break into the building and stop the outbreak (funny enough, I wanted that character to be Chris, who got that exact treatment in RE7).

So yeah. That's the idea.

guys i think grey might like resident evil

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Joker got revealed in Smash Bros, it would be a very good time for Atlus to put it on the Switch.

Is there a good reason why Atlus would not want Persona 5, a very popular game, on the Switch?

Tell me.
That's not the point. The point is that your argument is nothing but circumstantial "evidence" and a bunch of "oh I just think this will happen"

Meanwhile, we have evidence that suggest a P5 Switch port isn't even on ATLUS' radar. But fine, let's continue this train of thought.

Perhaps ATLUS doesn't want Persona 5 on the Switch because they would prefer to keep it on Sony consoles. Perhaps they're so busy with P5R and whatever P5S is that they don't have the time nor the manpower to put into porting the game to a new console. There are a number of factors that could be preventing such a thing from happening.

If you want us to take you seriously, come up with better arguments than that.

D

Deleted member

Guys, this is important.

If this isn’t in Endgame I’m not just rioting. I’m sueing!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's not the point. The point is that your argument is nothing but circumstantial "evidence" and a bunch of "oh I just think this will happen"

Meanwhile, we have evidence that suggest a P5 Switch port isn't even on ATLUS' radar. But fine, let's continue this train of thought.

Perhaps ATLUS doesn't want Persona 5 on the Switch because they would prefer to keep it on Sony consoles. Perhaps they're so busy with P5R and whatever P5S is that they don't have the time nor the manpower to put into porting the game to a new console. There are a number of factors that could be preventing such a thing from happening.

If you want us to take you seriously, come up with better arguments than that.
It'll probably show up on the switch eventually. P5S makes sense for it, but it could also take longer. Depending on how far in advance they knew about joker in smash, they might've thought to port it then.

D

Deleted member

Welp

Guess it’s time to go on an almost complete internet blackout save for a few sites I really really trust and discord...I am not even seeing ONE spoiler before I watch it
Some people...

Spoil the movie...

BUT NOT US

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It'll probably show up on the switch eventually. P5S makes sense for it, but it could also take longer. Depending on how far in advance they knew about joker in smash, they might've thought to port it then.
I'm not denying the possibility of it coming eventually, I certainly think it's possible.

However, it'll come later down the pipeline, and it's most likely not P5S.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 5 S
hin Megami Tensei V.

WE FINALLY GOT IT BOIS.
AFTER 2 YEARS AND 4 MONTHS.
7b7.jpg

Status