• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's just because it's my tournament. Wouldn't look good if the organiser just cleaned up everyone, would it? Gotta give the thing some semblance of legitimacy before I go and win with the epic bracket reset. :lucina:
Well, you did gain a free win pass over me when you literally put me against you in the first round. I think you were trying to clean up everyone. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ATLUS wins because either way people are talking about P5R, and there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Hmm, you know, if it was a few years ago, I agree on this for sure, but I have seen some cases where bad publicity was really bad. I can't think a specific one right now, but I think there is a point where bad publicity can cause you actual problems for your product, it's kinda like a black joke, you can only cross the line so many times before it become just tasteless and unfunny, ya know?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I kinda want Sega to get a 4th rep because it would make sense if they had the most reps since they're the only third-party company that has been part of all 3 Smash games from Brawl onward
Shouldn't Sonic get another character before Street Fighter and Castlevania by this logic?

That reminded me this guy who wanted :ultrichter::ultken: to be cut so Sonic can get its second rep before them.

D

Deleted member

How could you mention Sega reps and not talk about my boy?
Segata Sanshiro.jpg

Now this is what I call real ****

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't Sonic get another character before Street Fighter and Castlevania by this logic?

That reminded me this guy who wanted :ultrichter::ultken: to be cut so Sonic can get its second rep before them.
I don't care about when it is, I just want Sega to have the most reps eventually

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sega: three franchises with vocal songs and persona, which may well be the most faithfully-represented franchise in smash as a whole
capcom: two and a half franchises that pay tribute to both the spirit and gameplay of their most beloved entries
konami: two classic beloved franchises, one of which they gave a whopping 34 music tracks to as well as a stage boss and entire level in world of light
namco: one of gaming's most iconic characters, also literally made the ****ing game
square enix:

1556043526336.png

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
still doesnt change the fact the jobs I WANT are hard to apply to. It help that you are motivated and, for some reason in this ****ty job time, optimistic. I cant muster up any optimism or motivation at all in generalt
I'm not sure if I'd call myself optimistic as that's generally a more positive annotation. To be frank I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing with my life/have been wasting my life and I'm stressed as heck about it. Ex. I have no good personal references and don't have the confidence to ask.

I think my ultimate suggestion is that job searching has a snow-ball effect and that it gets progressively easier over time. It's a skill in and of itself in a way as well.

Logging into Job Boards - Shows recruiters you're active
Searching for anything - Gives suggestions/auto-saves searches for next time you look
Following Companies - Gives suggestions/email notifications
Easy Apply - Requires only a click or two and gives suggestions
Applying - Can get yourself into a rhythm/computer auto-fill in the blanks
Cover Letter - Never hurts to have, can let you re-evaluate yourself (really just needs to be 2/3 paragraphs/half-page of common skill search terms)
Interviewing - Develops public speaking/create answers for tough questions/teaches you to create a script

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That's just because it's my tournament. Wouldn't look good if the organiser just cleaned up everyone, would it? Gotta give the thing some semblance of legitimacy before I go and win with the epic bracket reset. :lucina:
Bold of you to assume that since you still gotta deal with me before even attempting a rematch w/ Shishoe.

And that’s assuming you don’t get knocked out prior to that.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
“Reps” is a fabricated concept excuse simply to suggest that franchises or companies can mostly only be represented by characters, which has no measurable value in practice.

As it’s not measurable, certain things are arguable to be in need of “reps” or should have more “reps” than something else that has “too many reps”. Further, it suggests that characters get in to “rep” arbitrary things that fans place value in.

“Reps” as opposed to actual gaming legacy or gameplay opportunities or uniqueness, gets boring, real fast.

Noipoi

Howdy!
“Reps” is a fabricated concept excuse simply to suggest that franchises or companies can mostly only be represented by characters, which has no measurable value in practice.

As it’s not measurable, certain things are arguable to be in need of “reps” or should have more “reps” than something else that has “too many reps”. Further, it suggests that characters get in to “rep” arbitrary things that fans place value in.

“Reps” as opposed to actual gaming legacy or gameplay opportunities or uniqueness, gets boring, real fast.
Yup

So anyway, here's why we need an Atari rep. Specifically E.T.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
just 16 hours until atlus either kicks the jane train over by deconfirming feMC or pulls it into months-long purgatory by confirming feMC

either way, does anyone win?
Whatever happen next, Jane in Ultimate or not.

It was a pleasure to be on the Jane Train with you and everyone else, up and down included, may the final end on a nice sweet note.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Yeah but how many reps can you bench at the gym, bro.

I don't know proper workout terms.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Bold of you to assume that since you still gotta deal with me before even attempting a rematch w/ Shishoe.

And that’s assuming you don’t get knocked out prior to that.
You still think you can beat me, even after all those arena sessions where the only thing that could beat me was the arena crashing or kicking me out? That's adorable. :lucina:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You still think you can beat me, even after all those arena sessions where the only thing that could beat me was the arena crashing or kicking me out? That's adorable. :lucina:
I love how you punctuate all of these posts with Lucina's sprite, constantly reminding people who and what they're dealing with, and what they should fear.

D

Deleted member

I know for a fact that "P5S" is Persona 5 Switch.
Come on, Spawn. Use your brain.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can I get uuuuuuuuyh
KIRYU?
Oho, now you're talkin'. Give him a Tiger Drop counter that only activates if you manage to input the command the very instant your opponent attacks, but does insane damage.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Finally, someone with taste around here.
If I actually had the chance to direct a team and develop any game of my choice without a board approving it, it'd easily be one of these five:
  • NiGHTS sequel
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga remake
  • The promised Exalted March expansion to Dragon Age II that EA cancelled for ****ing Frostbite
  • A proper Mass Effect 4 using the good Renegade ending as canon to un-****-up that whole situation
  • My idea for Resident Evil 7 I wrote up on the Capcom Unity boards like a decade ago

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Jane is released as a echo for Joker later on, we need to get Akuma at a later time

Come on, you can't have a good crossover fighting game without Akuma being playable in it, just look the reception MVCI got for proof!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Considering how many Smash tags I have from you, I'm surprised you're underestimating me.

But I guess I'll have to let my gameplay do the talking, once again. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom