• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just 16 hours until atlus either kicks the jane train over by deconfirming feMC or pulls it into months-long purgatory by confirming feMC

either way, does anyone win?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
it would be easy if it wasnt for the fact I have little to no motivation and just feel like shooting myself in the head with each passing day people say "blank got a job, why cant you"

I want to work with animals. Said places are a hassle to apply to and ignore me when I do apply. Whats the point in even trying anymore, wtf am I going to do with my life if no one even wants me even when I do apply
My best friend feels the same way. Stuck working two part time jobs, can't reach 40 hours, no benefits, unable to use their degree, and is moving back in with family to save money.

Try starting small. Up until recently I would dedicate a two-hour period/one music album/2-3 TV re-runs every Monday morning to just putting in for whatever I can find. Just putting in a resume a week/logging into job boards helps show employers/recruiters that you're interested in finding a new job. I've gotten random calls from job recruiters from Chicago and notifications on Monster/LinkedIn.

Even if it's not with animals, I would imagine that any volunteer experience would be good to put down. Additionally trying to self-teach oneself something can tell employers that you're a self-starter. Making sure you know Microsoft Office is important, as many employers will outright ask you that/is easy to put on a resume or cover letter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
just 16 hours until atlus either kicks the jane train over by deconfirming feMC or pulls it into months-long purgatory by confirming feMC

Everyone but me.

We truly live in a
1555789164181.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/doraemon_story_of_seasons_heads_west_on_switch_this_autumn

What?

What?

WHAT!?

*Chair theory flashbacks*

We really never learn do we....?
To be entirely fair, the chairs were a hint towards Galeem and Dharkom.

The pillows on the couch on the other hand? Yeah, that was lunacy...

At least it's something that's explicitly game-related this time.

A strange game. The only way to win is not to play.
I feel sorry for those who think she'll actually be added as Echo/alt DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

daniel wins

i don't know how he does but daniel ****ing wins

osby

Smash Obsessed

The friends we made along the way.

Like seriously, Jane talk was likely the most chill and fun part of this speculation period.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You hear this?
Yup, it's that time again!:ultpiranha:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
atlus to their audience when all they do is reveal P5R girl's face in full then slap in 'NEXT INFORMATION: 5/25'

1556040546154.png

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
turns out p5r girl had a wicked nasty burn scar on the other side of her face and we just assumed it was gonna be symmetrical

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
memo to self: don't look up Olimar on Twitter after there's been a tournament

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ATLUS wins because either way people are talking about P5R, and there's no such thing as bad publicity.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, early impressions of MK11 for anyone interested:

My brother and I traded off late into the night playing story mode, finally quitting when we got the "halfway there" achievement. I've gotta say, Netherrealm is getting REALLY good at creating their story modes. This one is the best constructed of the post-MKvDC setup, with the progression and scene construction feeling so much more natural and not as jarring in the "we clearly had to set up a 1v1 fight" way. We've been entertained as hell and the fight scene coordination is feature film quality.

At first glance the final roster is underwhelming, but that's in large part because there are so many new characters that, as of now, don't interest me. They went with a new aesthetic that seems more fit for new Injustice characters than new MK characters, so while they may all play uniquely and be fun in the long run, at first glance it's my least favorite roster since before the reboot. Also **** Skarlet.

I haven't played online since the beta, so how the game plays competitively is still up in the air. It feels more fluid than MKX, though I don't know how the new "Fatal Blow" mechanic will develop the meta. Offensive and defensive abilities being separate is a neat idea that works the game away from blind rushdowns, but having it all automatically recharge instead of filling your meter through gameplay feels... weird. I'm worried that it'll promote stalling. In general though, it feels like this game offers you more options than MK9 or MKX, so I'm willing to try it out.

Also Kitana stole Mileena's moves like she stole Jade's in MKX. Mr. Boon, please stop doing this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My best friend feels the same way. Stuck working two part time jobs, can't reach 40 hours, no benefits, unable to use their degree, and is moving back in with family to save money.

Try starting small. Up until recently I would dedicate a two-hour period/one music album/2-3 TV re-runs every Monday morning to just putting in for whatever I can find. Just putting in a resume a week/logging into job boards helps show employers/recruiters that you're interested in finding a new job. I've gotten random calls from job recruiters from Chicago and notifications on Monster/LinkedIn.

Even if it's not with animals, I would imagine that any volunteer experience would be good to put down. Additionally trying to self-teach oneself something can tell employers that you're a self-starter. Making sure you know Microsoft Office is important, as many employers will outright ask you that/is easy to put on a resume or cover letter.
still doesnt change the fact the jobs I WANT are hard to apply to. It help that you are motivated and, for some reason in this ****ty job time, optimistic. I cant muster up any optimism or motivation at all in generalt

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
ATLUS wins because either way people are talking about P5R, and there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Remember how ATLUS forced Nintendo to not release Joker until they showcase their new games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom