• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'd like to remind you all that Persona 5 Stageplay is a genuine possibility that has double precedent

1556045502251.png

1556045522885.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"P5S" is Persona 5 for the Switch. Stop being blindfolded.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

First rule of speculation Shiny:

Sometimes the obvious conclusion isn't the correct one.

S can mean something besides Switch.
I know that, but I think it is most likely Persona 5 on the Switch.
Joker even got in Smash for crying out loud.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watch out and see that P5S is actually Persona 5: Smash Bros Edition.

Yeah, I'm dreamin' big.:mybodyisreggie:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why would they only make it a Switch exclusive if it has more content? :079: Think rationally, Atlus isn't going to bully the Playstation people.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, you know, if it was a few years ago, I agree on this for sure, but I have seen some cases where bad publicity was really bad. I can't think a specific one right now, but I think there is a point where bad publicity can cause you actual problems for your product, it's kinda like a black joke, you can only cross the line so many times before it become just tasteless and unfunny, ya know?
Okay, but we're not talking about Duke Nukem Forever here. Games that take a while to release after announcement are Atlus' SOP.

sega: three franchises with vocal songs and persona, which may well be the most faithfully-represented franchise in smash as a whole
capcom: two and a half franchises that pay tribute to both the spirit and gameplay of their most beloved entries
konami: two classic beloved franchises, one of which they gave a whopping 34 music tracks to as well as a stage boss and entire level in world of light
namco: one of gaming's most iconic characters, also literally made the ****ing game
square enix:

View attachment 211660
I'll be genuinely shocked if we even get anything new from those guys.

“Reps” is a fabricated concept excuse simply to suggest that franchises or companies can mostly only be represented by characters, which has no measurable value in practice.

As it’s not measurable, certain things are arguable to be in need of “reps” or should have more “reps” than something else that has “too many reps”. Further, it suggests that characters get in to “rep” arbitrary things that fans place value in.

“Reps” as opposed to actual gaming legacy or gameplay opportunities or uniqueness, gets boring, real fast.
It's the difference between "I want stuff I actually like" and "yo, this series should have stuff just because it's supposed to".

"P5S" is Persona 5 for the Switch. Stop being blindfolded.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who seriously thinks it's really for "Shoot 'em Up".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do, but I was kinda repressing those memories.
The sad thing is that he's the main guy who runs that joint so he mainly uses his power to be the only male involved in those films.

But hey, makes for some funny memes lol

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211673

Because as of right now the Switch train is running on goddamn hopes and dreams.
Easy.

One: Joker got in Smash Bros. Atlus could have used that to flex on how Joker would work.

Two: Atlus and Nintendo are good friends.

Three: Etrian Odyssey is on the 3DS, and if you can get Etrian Odyssey on the 3DS exclusive, then you can put Persona 5 on the Switch.

Four: Persona 5 is Sega-owned. Bayonetta got on the Switch, and that means Persona has a chance to get on the Switch.

Five: It would be the perfect marketing strategy for Atlus, as it would appeal to the Nintendo fans, which is a large crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why would they only make it a Switch exclusive if it has more content? :079: Think rationally, Atlus isn't going to bully the Playstation people.
Squeenix meanwhile makes DQ11S.

Atlus: "Oh, but don't worry Nintendo fans, you've got our illustrious Q series."

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Don't just assume that Persona 5 has to be on the Switch b/c Joker is in Smash.

It took years after Cloud got into Smash to get FFVII on a Nintendo console, and it came out a month ago.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Except for the fact that we've got some pretty compelling evidence to suggest that not only is P5S NOT Persona 5 on Switch, but a Persona 5 Switch port may not even exist to begin with.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Easy.

One: Joker got in Smash Bros. Atlus could have used that to flex on how Joker would work.

Three: Etrian Odyssey is on the 3DS, and if you can get Etrian Odyssey on the 3DS exclusive, then you can put Persona 5 on the Switch.

Four: Persona 5 is Sega-owned. Bayonetta got on the Switch, and that means Persona has a chance to get on the Switch.

Five: It would be the perfect marketing strategy for Atlus, as it would appeal to the Nintendo fans, which is a large crowd.
Shiny, this is worse than your Erdrick argument.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Easy.

None of those points are actual evidence, I hope you know.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
"No, everyone knows Joker got in because of Persona Q2 and/or Persona being a spinoff of a long-running Nintendo-associated franchise!"

On a serious note, if Persona 5 and/or any future mainline installments never gets on the Switch in its lifetime, Joker's inclusion would honestly feel even weirder than Cloud's IMO.

Don't get me started on what the speculation train will become if a character and/or franchise that has never appeared on a Nintendo platform gets revealed as a future challenger pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom