• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If this new 'big' game could boost online subscriptions, Super Mario Maker 2 sounds even more likely.

Though I maintain that Pikmin, even if it's not the one, has the potential for some absolutely banging online content.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Apparently Nintendo's Financial Briefing had Nintendo confirm they have one big title unrevealed for this year that will make people happy, and will help push NSO.

Outside of that, I dunno. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.
"ladies and gentlemen, we, here at Nintendo, are proud to announce, coming in 2019,

MELEE HD!"

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I mean we JUST got the Bowser's Inside Story remake so I doubt another Mario and Luigi game is being announced then. Also this new game would boost online subscriptions, Prime Trilogy is almost exclusively single player with alright at best multiplayer on Prime 2 so I don't think it fits the bill
I actually recently prompted the Idea of having a Prime Trilogy Remake with Hunters as an extensive online mode in another thread. That could definitely work

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
F-Zer-

Aaah why did that Wii U get abandoned? Well actually that may be a blessing due to how much of a failure that system was.

I am optimistic about a Switch F-Zero down the line though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Realistically:
Apparently Nintendo's Financial Briefing had Nintendo confirm they have one big title unrevealed for this year that will make people happy, and will help push NSO.

Wait a second... popular series... pushes NSO... makes people happy

I think we might have a new F-Zero on our hands.

Rip Blaziken

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I mean, they still have yet to show anything about Animal Crossing

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Phoenix Wright makes much more sense than Professor Layton or Katrielle Layton. Layton's dead anyways :(

Come to think of it, I've seen no one support Katrielle Layton, not even one for an insane sleeper pick like her. Lol.
professor Layton gets TONS of support so he ain't dead, his daughter on the other hand, yeah, I see little to no support for her

D

Deleted member

Sorry, but I would love to see a new Super Mario Maker first.

F-Zero would be cool, but Mario Maker deserves a sequel too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Mario Maker can wait

F-ZERO HASN'T SEEN A RELEASE IN 15 YEARS!

Captain Falcon is literally just a Smash character at this point

D

Deleted member

OK but did you wait 15 years for it?
I waited more than 12 years for a Godzilla movie before 2014.

I know that feeling, but I just find interest on an Online Subscription for Mario Maker.

F-Zero is a game that I would play offline.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I don't think they would release NSMUD and a new Mario Maker in the same year

also maybe I'm just lowering my expectations because I don't care about F-Zero, please don't kill me.

D

Deleted member

I don't think they would release NSMUD and a new Mario Maker in the same year

also maybe I'm just lowering my expectations because I don't care about F-Zero, please don't kill me.
Why would I kill you over a game or oppinion?

D

Deleted member

I have collective jealousy for everyone who has Piranha Plant
Also Hi I'm back

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If they made another Maker I hope it is another series. A new Mario one would be disappointing. Mario Maker is already available on the go and they could simply port it with Mario 2 and Deluxe content added.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
How about a new Wario Land game, huh. We're long overdue for one of those. And kids these days love Wario. Online functionality? Uhh ... get back to me on that one

D

Deleted member

How to make money with Nintendo: failed IP edition
Step 1: release a new game that'll be the first of said franchise
Step 2: if franchise is getting subpar sales, stop releasing games
Step 3: refuse to ever do anything with the IP outside of crossovers
Step 4: once fans start asking for it, acknowledge said demand but still refuse to release a new game
Step 5: now that your failed IP is a success without you releasing a single new game, release a new game and watch it become a best seller

Now, am I talking about Kid Icarus, F-Zero or Earthbound?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If they made another Maker I hope it is another series. A new Mario one would be disappointing. Mario Maker is already available on the go and they could simply port it with Mario 2 and Deluxe content added.
It'd never happen as a standalone game, but I'd love a mode in Pikmin 4 where you can make your own maps. Pikmin 2 was already sadistic with its randomly generated caves so I'd love to see some community created Kaizo-tier stuff.

D

Deleted member

The thing with other makers is that they need to be short levels. Mario levels are done in a few minutes so you can experience many created levels in a short time.
Regardless of the actual time spent on creating a level for, say, Zelda or Metroid, none of them are level-based games and one dungeon/area would take the same time to play 5 or so Mario Maker levels.
If we were to ever get another Maker game, it would be Zelda since that has enough distinct 2D styles to work with(Zelda 1, Link's Awakening, ALttP, Minish Cap and ALBW), but dungeons would have to be way too simple and short for it to really work. Still, if they were done in a room-by-room basis, I think it COULD work but it wouldn't be as natural of a translation as Mario Maker was from the 2D games.
That said, I'd kill to be able to make dungeons in the style of Kink's Awakening. God, I ****ing love that game.

EDIT: Yes, I have noticed the typo. No, I am not fixing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
F-Zer-

Aaah why did that Wii U get abandoned? Well actually that may be a blessing due to how much of a failure that system was.

I am optimistic about a Switch F-Zero down the line though.
It's also ****ing criminal that EA's got Criterion, one of the most influential and best Racing Game Developers in the world, working on ****ing Battlefront and Battlefield. Like, really guys? You got THE BEST open world racing developer on your side who has pumped out banger after banger and you relegate them to games that DICE has been doing for years just fine without their help... oh and they also made them cancel their racing project so they could work on Battlefront... **** EA man.

Edit: For context on this. Nintendo of Europe approached Criterion to make F-Zero in 2010-11 but couldn't because they were busy with other projects. This isn't speculation either. It was confirmed.

Mario Maker doesn't even need a sequel. Just port it over, add a few things, fix what needs to be fixed, have periodic updates, and done. 99% of that game is community made anyways. F-Zero needs to happen and it needs to have the Xpansion Pack's course creator. And that's the correct opinion.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It's also ****ing criminal that EA's got Criterion, one of the most influential and best Racing Game Developers in the world, working on ****ing Battlefront and Battlefield. Like, really guys? You got THE BEST open world racing developer on your side who has pumped out banger after banger and you relegate them to games that DICE has been doing for years just fine without their help... oh and they also made them cancel their racing project so they could work on Battlefront... **** EA man.

Mario Maker doesn't even need a sequel. Just port it over, add a few things, fix what needs to be fixed, have periodic updates, and done. 99% of that game is community made anyways. F-Zero needs to happen and it needs to have the Xpansion Pack's course creator. And that's the correct opinion.
You know, you can't spell steal without EA.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Edit: For context on this. Nintendo of Europe approached Criterion to make F-Zero in 2013 but couldn't because they were busy with other projects. This isn't speculation either. It was confirmed.

Also bring back X mode. Randomly generated tracks make that game worth coming back to still to this day despite GX's existence. A blast with friends!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn’t there a Zelda 1 remake prototype that some people were thinking might be alluding to a possible Zelda Maker?
You mean Breath of the Wild's first pitch I'm pretty sure.

Maybe, I don't see it as likely because it was just an experiment for what BotW could be but maybe.

I mean I can definitely see a Zelda maker happening but I don't think that prototype alludes to it in the slightest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How to make money with Nintendo: failed IP edition
Step 1: release a new game that'll be the first of said franchise
Step 2: if franchise is getting subpar sales, stop releasing games
Step 3: refuse to ever do anything with the IP outside of crossovers
Step 4: once fans start asking for it, acknowledge said demand but still refuse to release a new game
Step 5: now that your failed IP is a success without you releasing a single new game, release a new game and watch it become a best seller

Now, am I talking about Kid Icarus, F-Zero or Earthbound?
I am hypothesizing Earthbound.
Mario Maker doesn't even need a sequel. Just port it over, add a few things, fix what needs to be fixed, have periodic updates, and done. 99% of that game is community made anyways.
This I would like a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom