• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
There's this one dude in one of my Discord servers who goes ****ing mental whenever the Grinch leak is mentioned, because he believed it with all his heart and soul, and now every time someone mentions it, he gets real pissed because he hates remembering it.
and this is why it's important to remember that these are ultimately just characters in a fighting game

D

Deleted member

Shoutout to the one and only

If this leak is fake, then the guy who made it has to be the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.
I suggest you think about which outcome is more likely.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Literally the only good things that came out of that leak is that it taught several people a lesson about "leaks"...and that it allowed us to meme the Grinch and Smash Bros. together until the end of time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
and this is why it's important to remember that these are ultimately just characters in a fighting game
Yeah, but some people just get way too involved in this sort of thing. For example, that same dude thought Shadow was a lock for Ultimate as a Sonic echo, and then when Shadow was revealed as an Assist, he got upset and started ranting about how "Sakurai purposefully misled him", and how it "was a **** move for Sakurai to lead him on for so long".

Basically, this dude's an asshole.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Man, what a week!

Though I'd be lying if I said it was all bad.

It taught us the important lesson of exceptions vs reality, something that the Smash community really needed, imo.

If only people didn't take it so seriously...

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
anyway the point i'm making is that if jane isn't actually a joker echo/alt i will take it as a personal attack on me by sakurai and shall respond in kind

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Yeah, but some people just get way too involved in this sort of thing. For example, that same dude thought Shadow was a lock for Ultimate as a Sonic echo, and then when Shadow was revealed as an Assist, he got upset and started ranting about how "Sakurai purposefully misled him", and how it "was a **** move for Sakurai to lead him on for so long".

Basically, this dude's an *******.
Real "Ridley in Smash 4" hours

D

Deleted member

Basically, this dude's an *******.
PFFT Go to the support threads of the seven Grinch characters, excluding Ken, and you can replace "Shadow" with any one of them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway the point i'm making is that if jane isn't actually a joker echo/alt i will take it as a personal attack on me by sakurai and shall respond in kind
what do we want? jane in smash
when do we want it? preferably at a reasonable time in the future
what will we do if we don't get it? aggravated assault and six counts of arson against masahiro sakurai

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
NO, Stop please Stop it is time to stop. I hate that leak and I hate that character, Bad leak.

This leak broke my ****ing heart I believed it with all my heart cause I was dumb and blinded by the hype! Never again, I refuse to be blinded by the hype like again like I did with this awful leak.

I hate this leak.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like how we still refer the Grinch Leak as, well, the Grinch "Leak", not the Grinch "Rumor" or somethin'.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I like how we still refer the Grinch Leak as, well, the Grinch "Leak", not the Grinch "Rumor" or somethin'.
It's just a snappier title. Rolls off the tongue.

Plus, it's force of habit.

D

Deleted member

NO, Stop please Stop it is time to stop. I hate that leak and I hate that character, Bad leak.

This leak broke my ****ing heart I believed it with all my heart cause I was dumb and blinded by the hype! Never again, I refuse to be blinded by the hype like again like I did with this awful leak.

I hate this leak.
Real talk, I was just relieved when Incineroar was revealed. The anticipation was eating me up more than the actual reveal. Same goes for Erdrick and Banjo for the DLC cycle. By now, I'm just killing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom