• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ah **** the world premier for endgame is soon

evacuate the internet
engage all moderators
and get this man a distraction for the week because spoilerd boutta be rampant af
Luckily I'll be rewatching the MCU over the week so I'll have something to do to avoid spoilers but if I do encounter Spoilers I'm gonna be pissed off about it for sure, Someone spoiled Infinity War for me before seeing it and I'll try my absolute best to not let that happen again.

Speaking of which I finally got around to watching Captain Marvel, It was okay but nothing special at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I seriously wonder how Grinch Leak's reception would be like if the characters in it weren't Smash internet forum favorites.

D

Deleted member

If Edea and Jane smell like roses, then Joker probably smells like roses too!

D

Deleted member

I seriously wonder how Grinch Leak's reception would be like if the characters in it weren't Smash internet forum favorites.
There wouldn't have beena s many memes, but I think the amount of people who believed Katalina was in proves that people will believe anything with even the faintest hint of credibility.

D

Deleted member

You're right. We all sure learned our lesson.

--Months later--

@tehponycorn @ShotoStar @Hinata @Onereasonanddone @Zeke The Zekenator and @Bolderousness bets their accounts over Erdrick being in.

Then @Bolderousness @TotsBS @Zeke The Zekenator @tehponycorn and @ShotoStar made a sequel bet over Banjo
Woah there buddy I did say I would bet my account over Banjo but I back-tracked it to say that I'll probably bet my account over Banjo but I would like to see if Erdrick gets in or not first to see how my luck fairs.

I likely will bet my account but I wouldn't say it's set in stone just yet.

D

Deleted member

Honestly betting on two characters is a pretty big gamble XD

Cant wait to see what happens. :)
Me too. Here's to playing FE Fates or DK 64 if I lose.

I didn't bet against Erdrick...
OOPS I meant Banjo

I swear, y'all are madman.

I wouldn't risk my account for the world, especially after cracking the top 100.
But being in the Top 100 means you would have had a much funner time in the bet.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
that's a pretty good little doodle
Note before you get high expectation from me: this isn't my drawning, it's my character, but I didn't draw it.

The day I draw this well is the day where Mythra stop making lewd.

D

Deleted member

Woah there buddy I did say I would bet my account over Banjo but I back-tracked it to say that I'll probably bet my account over Banjo but I would like to see if Erdrick gets in or not first to see how my luck fairs.

I likely will bet my account but I wouldn't say it's set in stone just yet.
Might as well bet if you're saying you'll just bet on Banjo anyways. Everyone else in the last bet seems game on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God I love both of these shows so much.

The Milo Murphy's Law theme song is the single most inspirational song in the world.

I only wish Disney did a few more of these Theme Song Takeover videos.
Well Disney did ask for suggestions in the comments, so we might see something in future.

D

Deleted member

Honestly betting on two characters is a pretty big gamble XD

Cant wait to see what happens. :)
Nice that your signature reminded me that Erik has the best dance moves from XI, now if the Luminary could dance...

Edit: actual gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At this point, it would be a personal attack against me from Sakurai if Banjo and his soundtrack didn’t make it into Smash.

Anyway who says otherwise is, ahem, *pulls out book entitled “101 Ways To Command Respect On An Internet Forum”*...

Full of themselves, it’s obvious, you just don’t understand, they HAVE to be in, you’re just intentionally obtuse, you’re stupid, I can’t lose this argument or he has no chance, **** you, anyone who even slightly disagrees with me will get an incredibly sarcastic vaguepost about them a page later cause I’m too much of a coward to quote people directly; I’m too insecure with hypotheticals to take them as anything but

Et cetera and so forth until I get 30 likes for establishing superiority over a teenager or other impressionable person easy to make fun of without realizing there’s a human being behind the monitor

Tl;dr bear bird in or else

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sorry I’m over a day late.

It’s made in Unity.

It’s in the video I posted unless I’m missing something. It definitely handles better.

Look at Tails go. Where was this move.

Things still aren’t perfect, there’s still some stiffness but it’s still a demo.

Well yeah, 4 definitely had a problem since the game is programmed with no inertia, so in order to keep your momentum you have to constantly hold the direction you're heading. If Sonic Advance could faithfully recreate the Classic physics for the most part then why can’t a game on more powerful hardware years later produce similar or superior results?

None of them are comparable to ‘06 but it’s an issue that pops up even in a game as recent as Forces, which is... just... there’s no excuse for that.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind it either. If the human designs were better I literally wouldn’t care about a potential relationship.

Or just fix ‘em up to look like the Sonic anthro’s and Eggman.

I’m not a fan of the Unleashed humans sorta... Dreamworks style? If the humans were designed by Uekawa then they would fit in stylistically with the, well... Uekawa designed characters.

Here’s what I mean. The characters that Uekawa-san designs a combination of the America “rubber hose” style (the style Ohshima-san created sonic and Eggman in) with a graffiti ideology for the purpose of communicating constant movement and an anime flair.

Look at the Billy Hatcher characters:

They’re designed exactly the same way he would design any Sonic character.

Look at Rolly Roll (the girl). Her style and proportions are basically the same as Cream’s.

Big round head, “rubber hose”/simple curves for limbs with no articulation followed by large hands/feet, and stylised eye designs.

Look at Bantam, extremely reminiscent of his large Sonic character designs.

Broader but still “rubber hose” style arms, short legs, beady eyes.

Billy and Sonic for the heck of it:

Because they’re both blue. And of course Uekawa-san’s style collimating into his human Sonic design:

Same kind of stylised design you’d see on Eggman and anyone from Billy Hatcher:

Now with Elise, Sonic artist Drawloverlala (really good at replicating Uekawa’s design philosophy)

Some quick examples:

Redesign:

R63:

Anyway, she made an Uekawa style Elise design, and it’s perfeeeeect:

KMDP KMDP Bro, this is peak Elise.

Look at how well this design fits with the style of the cast:

It’s so good. Humans being designed in the same manner as Uekawa’s character designs would give off better cohesion between the in-game styles.

Elise could be fun due to her... powers? Like she had that shield thing when you were in the Elise levels.
That Uekawa Elise looks pretty cool.

Shame that Sonic Team had a weird hard-on for a Final Fantasy aesthetic in 2006.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Me too. Here's to playing FE Fates or DK 64 if I lose.

OOPS I meant Banjo

But being in the Top 100 means you would have had a much funner time in the bet.
or both. ;)

really tho, you like playing on the edge ;p
Is anyone betting 'against' banjo in those people?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
At this point, it would be a personal attack against me from Sakurai if Banjo and his soundtrack didn’t make it into Smash.

Anyway who says otherwise is, ahem, *pulls out book entitled “101 Ways To Command Respect On An Internet Forum”*...

Full of themselves, it’s obvious, you just don’t understand, they HAVE to be in, you’re just intentionally obtuse, you’re stupid, I can’t lose this argument or he has no chance, **** you, anyone who even slightly disagrees with me will get an incredibly sarcastic vaguepost about them a page later cause I’m too much of a coward to quote people directly; I’m too insecure with hypotheticals to take them as anything but

Et cetera and so forth until I get 30 likes for establishing superiority over a teenager or other impressionable person easy to make fun of without realizing there’s a human being behind the monitor

Tl;dr bear bird in or else
everyone knows smashboards is just a hyper advanced game of flexing on other users in the most elaborate ways possible to get more likes on your post than their post, thereby proving your superiority as an individual and validating your insecurities

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
There wouldn't have beena s many memes, but I think the amount of people who believed Katalina was in proves that people will believe anything with even the faintest hint of credibility.
Eh, It just kind of made sense from a business perspective. It's the Dragon Quest justification on steroids. I never really believed it, I just accepted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom