• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
How fitting ponytails are being brought up, I came across this masterpiece:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Never knew I needed this in my life
>green hair
>ponytail
Ormille is just practicing for Lyn.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Second best, maybe. But getting promoted to admin meant I had to bring out only the best. I'm sure you understand, right?
you know what

I do! You've converted me! What's your hex code, so I can fully realize myself as a follower of the Moydow?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Also this is completely frivolous in the grand scheme of things, but why is Tora sexualizing Poppi when she's, like, ten years old? I saw that heart-to-heart conversation where he was telling Pyra to act more like a maid and made Poppi perform maidly phrases and actions. Does Poppi turn you on, you ****ing creep? I am ****ing disturbed and now I want to detain Tora like

Okay. That's enough Xenoblade Chronicles 2 venting for one day. Sometimes the game isn't great, but the rest of the time, it's pretty fantastic.
Mate, that actually makes the perversion worse. Poppi's adorable but Tora just makes it a horrible relationship. It should be father and daughter, not master and maid. URCH
Worst part is that he was literally lonely after his papa disappeared. it's possible that he made her, but I can't imagine better if it was for his maid fetish,

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
tora is like, also ten

nopon aging is weird but he's hella not any older then 12 by human standards
Exactly

Okay

The ************ begins life as what appears to be a sentient marshmallow peep that’s been microwaved and crossed with a hamster and then quickly blows up into some kind hamster egg with fully developed hand wings and hand hands

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Exactly

Okay

The ************ begins life as what appears to be a sentient marshmallow peep that’s been microwaved and crossed with a hamster and then quickly blows up into some kind hamster egg with fully developed hand wings and hand hands
Definitely a better prospect than what happens when you put a hamster in a microwave in Maniac Mansion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd rather see a Zelda SoulCalibur game than a Fire Emblem one. The characters are more diverse IMO. But if they made a Fire Emblem one I couldn't complain. As long as it has a more diverse cast than Fire Emblem Warriors.
I mean, even then, Warriors offered a diverse enough array of fighting styles for a hypothetical first entry Fire Emblem fighting game. Looking at movesets alone...

Sword Cavalry (Xander)
Axe Cavalry (Frederick)
Archers (Takumi/Sakura/Niles/Anna)
Pegasus Knights (Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka)
Wyvern Riders/Dracoknights (Minerva/Camilla)
Two styles of Myrmidons (Owain/Ryoma and Navarre/Lyn)
Two styles of infantry Lancers (Oboro for a Naginata style and Azura as a water bending Lance dancer)
Reverse-Grip Sword Dancer (Olivia)
Infantry Axe user (Lissa)
Mage Cavalry (Leo/Elise)
General Magic/Dark Magic Mages (Robin/Tharja)
Light Mage (Linde)
Manakete (Tiki)
Graceful Fencing-styled Lord (Marth/Celica)
Aggressive Charge-In-Head-First Lord (Chrom/Lucina)
Token Basic Style Characters (Rowan/Lianna)
Corrin

That's about nineteen unique movesets to take inspiration from. The only major archetypes missing, really, are Lance Cavalry, Bow Knights, Knights, and Thieves (and Clerics, but they're treated differently within Warriors and are still technically there).

For the purposes of a fighting game, the cast is still very diverse as far as fighting styles go.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
tora is like, also ten

nopon aging is weird but he's hella not any older than 12 by human standards
I don't think Tora's age has been revealed in the game, and in the first Xenoblade Rikki is stated to be 40 years old and has a wife and kids. So childish personalities of Nopon don't necessarily translate to actual biological maturity :yoshi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think Tora's age has been revealed in the game, and in the first Xenoblade Rikki is stated to be 40 years old and has a wife and kids. So childish personalities of Nopon don't necessarily translate to actual biological maturity :yoshi:
Incidentally, neither does being manufactured

D

Deleted member

tora is like, also ten

nopon aging is weird but he's hella not any older then 12 by human standards
I figured he was under 18 to some capacity. Writing wise, I still don't like it because I feel Poppi could have been more than a servicebot. Do a heartwarming sibling dynamic with her or something. She's adorable. She's a kid robot. Play that up with their relationship.

At least right now. I know she becomes older later.

I honestly don’t think it’s as big of a problem everyone makes it out to be. It’s a worse problem at the start of the game maybe especially when you’re first playing it but

Ehhhh whatever I’m in the minority on this issue anyway lol
Again, it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't kill the overall experience. You know, compared to me getting lost for two hours, Tora is pretty harmless. It's like stubbing your toe. It wont ruin your day, but it sucks when it happens anyways.

Worst part is that he was literally lonely after his papa disappeared. it's possible that he made her, but I can't imagine better if it was for his maid fetish,
Well I can assume the whole maid shtick was Tora's decision. There's a whole interaction on Poppi's birth scene where Pyra notices maid dresses hanging out of Tora's closet and it's not like Tora is against the maid thing. Before that, Poppi was probably just a standard artificial blade that might have seen Tora's father as a, well, father.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It has. When Rex and the gang meet Shulk, Shulk assumes Tora to be around fifty. Tora takes offense to this, and says he's younger than Shulk (who is 18) by "many years".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Listen Bold, if I were to sit down and list every single degenerate fetish that XC2 appeals to, SMTV would've come out in the meanwhile.

D

Deleted member

riki's playful but he's not childish like tora

he's a goofball but he's mature enough to give good, sagelike advice to ****ing dunban

meanwhile tora looks up to rex who's only like 15

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I mean, even then, Warriors offered a diverse enough array of fighting styles for a hypothetical first entry Fire Emblem fighting game. Looking at movesets alone...

Sword Cavalry (Xander)
Axe Cavalry (Frederick)
Archers (Takumi/Sakura/Niles/Anna)
Pegasus Knights (Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka)
Wyvern Riders/Dracoknights (Minerva/Camilla)
Two styles of Myrmidons (Owain/Ryoma and Navarre/Lyn)
Two styles of infantry Lancers (Oboro for a Naginata style and Azura as a water bending Lance dancer)
Reverse-Grip Sword Dancer (Olivia)
Infantry Axe user (Lissa)
Mage Cavalry (Leo/Elise)
General Magic/Dark Magic Mages (Robin/Tharja)
Light Mage (Linde)
Manakete (Tiki)
Graceful Fencing-styled Lord (Marth/Celica)
Aggressive Charge-In-Head-First Lord (Chrom/Lucina)
Token Basic Style Characters (Rowan/Lianna)
Corrin

That's about nineteen unique movesets to take inspiration from. The only major archetypes missing, really, are Lance Cavalry, Bow Knights, Knights, and Thieves (and Clerics, but they're treated differently within Warriors and are still technically there).

For the purposes of a fighting game, the cast is still very diverse as far as fighting styles go.
Also reminder the knights are the only moveset (I think) in FEW that is enemy units only, you can’t play with the knights moveset.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Listen Bold, if I were to sit down and list every single degenerate fetish that XC2 appeals to, SMTV would've come out in the meanwhile.
Do it then. It'll help pass the time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
riki's playful but he's not childish like tora

he's a goofball but he's mature enough to give good, sagelike advice to ****ing dunban

meanwhile tora looks up to rex who's only like 15
Rex being 15 gives me more of an internal moral dilemma than Tora being a punching bag cause he’s a perv for like a combined total of maybe 15 in game minutes

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
****en liar; Mythra never pissed on me.

D

Deleted member

I think it's just bad overall writing to make Poppi's character essentially the sex robot. I at least know Pyra and maybe Mythra have backstories and actual character despite their outlandish designs. It might get better later down the line, but it's a bad first impression right now. I've seen Pyra and Nia have actual fleshed out moments. Poppi does not have that right now.

Ah you’ll love the later game
We'll see what happens. If nothing changes later down the line, I probably wont mention it because I made my point already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You wanna talk about media supposedly meant for children appealing to degenerate fetishes? Ha...

91Y6NYsaiL._RI_-compressor.jpg

Look no further, my friends.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m not sure I like the implication about why I’m playing the game

dawg I just like flying numbers and fun characters

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How fitting ponytails are being brought up, I came across this masterpiece:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Never knew I needed this in my life
Ponytails are the absolute very best. Don't ask my reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom