• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is anyone expecting Smash related stuff to appear at the Persona concert? I personally don't think so, though we might see "Jane Persona" in action in P5R. I'll happily eat crow if I am wrong.
No of course not, Nintendo's not going to advertise Smash content at a concert that I'm pretty sure was only marketed towards Japanese people.

Persona 5 Royal will probably get an actual trailer this time at least.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
One thing's for sure, "Jane" making it into Smash before P5R is even released is a blatant example of "Marth Debuted in Smash Bros" (TV Tropes warning).

"Persona 5: The Royal, starring "Jane" from "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, if we don't get a Direct by this Friday it's safe to say E3 is the date we'll get, well, anything else.

D

Deleted member

My god. Now everybody's aboard the Jane train. I feel surrounded, I feel threatened, I feel like this is an attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
fpaqrfigunt21.jpg

After playing Joker in Smash so much, I just wanted to remind everyone that this exists. This is an actual screenshot from the anime, of them trying to recreate the All-Out Attack finisher.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
jane was sakurai's deal with the atlus godfather

they give him literally everything to use with joker, and in exchange they can call upon him to do them a service

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well, if we don't get a Direct by this Friday it's safe to say E3 is the date we'll get, well, anything else.
Tbh at the rate the characters are releasing, I'm really expecting at least two to be revealed/released together. They have to have them all out by February next year, right? That gives them about 9 months considering May is right around the corner. No way they'll get through 5 characters if each one takes 4 months to release like Joker.

Crossing my fingers that Brave is announced alongside someone else so that way we aren't left in purgatory for a few more months LOL

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 211051

After playing Joker in Smash so much, I just wanted to remind everyone that this exists. This is an actual screenshot from the anime, of them trying to recreate the All-Out Attack finisher.
What's funny is this was wholly unecessary and they could've just slapped on his finisher from the actual game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Persona 3 had Persona 3 Portable

Persona 4 THE Golden got renamed to Persona 4 Golden.

If Persona 5 THE Royal doesn't change it's name to Persona 5 Royal...

I'mma lose it. I'll actually lose it.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211051

8d36d82.jpg

why did they think this was a good idea

why not just use the actual finisher screen from the game

why is his collar so ****ing huge

why is his face so weird

why why why why

D

Deleted member

Geez, Joker looks so bad in the anime.
How could you mess up Joker that badly?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geez, Joker looks so bad in the anime.
How could you mess up Joker that badly?
you havent even played the ****ing gaaaammmeeeee, how would you know how they would mess him uuuuppppppp

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi sorry I'm late to the party.

Since Jane is back a hot topic right now, I'll share my write up on the codename connections with holmes.
I'm sure some of you will find it interesting :D

Here:
Hey all,
so I was looking up some things around the codenames we've come to know in the datamine, and found some interesting stuff.
Bear in mind that a lot of what I'm going to present are based on connections, so take it very lightly, but it's still pretty fascinating even if there isn't anything there.

We found out that Joker's persona, Arsene, was codenamed Doyle, most likely after the author of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle.
The author of Arsene Lupin (Maurice Leblanc) has written about sherlock holmes in his own stories, and later had to change the name because doyle pressed him legally in order to have it changed. He changed the name to Herlock Sholmes after that. There was a collection of the stories called Arsène Lupin versus Herlock Sholmes. Both characters are very famous and have been connected in quite a few ways, so that can explain why they chose Doyle for joker's persona, who was inspired by Arsene Lupin.

What's another story that has a thief and a detective? Persona 5. I had been wondering if there was more inspiration from that era onto the other characters in the game, and that's where i found some cool stuff. Now, some of it involves a dark case, and I 'll have to talk about some perona spoilers after it, so read only the rest if you're ok with that and played or watched most of persona 5 (i'll put it in spoilers tho). One big story that was often interlinked with sherlock holmes is Jack the ripper. The first Sherlock Holmes book was written not long before the first case. and while Doyle didn't write about jack, there were theories surrounding him and a friend of his that may have investigated the case. Sherlock also had tons of stories and movies involving it.

Out of the books, there's one author who was also a journalist, Stephen Knight, who wrote about a 'royal' conspiracy behind the attacks, and there were other things and even movies based from those kinds of stories, including "A Study in Terror" and "Murder by Decree" which both had Sherlock Holmes in it and followed the royal conspiracy theory. A later story by someone else was even called Sherlock Holmes and the Royal Flush. I'm not making this up, you can look it up. :p

And do you know who the last victim was that made the character even more infamous due to 'getting away with it' and never having been caught? Mary Jane Kelly. Of course, she was featured in some of those stories and movies. Now, besides Joker having a knife, there's no direct connection with jack the ripper, but his codename was still jack, and then we find about a Jane, and now a Doyle connected with Arsene. And the thing is, Doyle is supposed to be with the detective side, not with jack, so just like the name change for sherlock in the Arsene works, something's been reversed here too. (Or we could also put the funny idea that instead of it being Leblanc that stole the fictional name, it's Arsene who stole the author's name.)

Now I need to get into persona 5 spoilers to add a bit more
If youve watched or played the game, you know that there's another 'reversal' that happens, where someone who's supposed to be a good person is actually not, and the thieves are actually 'good'. Some of the themes are flipped, which is something cool that can happen in works that use stories that already exist for inspiration. Jack is still pursued by the detective, but it's different, and we dont know much about jane, but she could be another flip of the role being victim to jack somehow, or even one of the detective.

So, you can take it as you will, I'm just sharing it because I think it's interesting and maybe possible those were actually themes that were either inspired in the background for some characters, or flat-out involved in the new p5r game, for one because of the codenames but also because it's called The Royal.
I'm really just putting the ideas there, there might be more to it, or it might just be very loose connections, or not much at all. In any case I hope it's at least enjoyable to think about.
Enjoy :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you havent even played the ****ing gaaaammmeeeee, how would you know how they would mess him uuuuppppppp
I have saw Joker in Smash and cutscenes of him in Persona 5 and come on.
y4k3kykqtjhz.gif

I mean, look at how majestic and beautiful this human is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well to be fair, with all the trailers you've probably seen most of Persona 5 by now.

I have saw Joker in Smash and cutscenes of him in Persona 5 and come on.
View attachment 211055
I mean, look at how majestic and beautiful this human is.
Dammit Smashboards, stop stealing my premium collection of gifs.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, really?

View attachment 211050
Wₕaₜ dₒ yₒᵤ fₑₑₗ ₗᵢₖₑ bₑₜₜᵢₙg?
Uh, my account the ability to use my mains against anyone for a month. When I play the game, at least.

I'm so glad they let Chum Chum make a cameo in the Persona 5 anime!
Top 10 Cartoons You Forgot Existed Until People Reminded You They Existed

ok

i got ten bucks on me rn
Okay, let me add a cent from myself.

I dare you to turn this

into a Jane clone

If one of you guys did it, I'll happliy join your jane army
@Onereasonanddone I have our armor and weapons ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom