• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So Jane takes your pain away?

A "bane of...pain" would be something detrimental for your pain, and is a double negative. Because of this a "bane of...pain" would be a positive thing.

Lol I guess you're right. I guess it doesn't really matter though since I have no opinions on Jane one way or another, I was just meme-ing.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Has anyone else kept up with Doomsday Clock? I read the latest issue on this past Wednesday. I was never a huge DC fan, but this series has been great. Anything with Watchmen is automatically better in my opinion.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
He used lots of big words to explain his point.

I trust him.
Daily reminder that if you post a lot of paragraphs, and get a lot of likes, you can never be wrong.

Except that one time.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
and who would that be? And if you say Luigi, no, he isnt
He thinks he is a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called "birdetta"

Quote from the Super Mario Bros 2 instruction booklet about Birdo.

There's also Vivian from TTYD.

D

Deleted member

Why am I not happy?
Is there something wrong with me?
Either way, I am happy for the Jane Train.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone else kept up with Doomsday Clock? I read the latest issue on this past Wednesday. I was never a huge DC fan, but this series has been great. Anything with Watchmen is automatically better in my opinion.
I have. As a DC nerd, I also love this book. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of Watchmen (it's too dark for me, and that's seeping over into Doomsday Clock). I do think this book is an intriguing read and it makes you think about DC in a whole new weird way. Although I feel like you have to kind of take it separately from the entire rest of the DC Universe in order for it not to cause some major problems.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
What are people expecting at the Persona concert? This is what I expect and don't expect.

Expect:
  1. Live performances of music from various Persona games (of course!)
  2. Debut footage of Persona 5: The Royal and more of who "Jane" is.
  3. Reveal of what "P5S" is.
  4. Announcements of more Persona spinoffs that haven't been revealed.
Don't Expect:
  1. Smash Bros-related stuff at the concert.
  2. "P5S" to be the Switch port for Persona 5.
  3. A Switch announcement of Persona 5 (I'll happily eat crow if I am wrong!)
I think this generally goes for everyone as well.

D

Deleted member

I dare you to turn this

into a Jane clone

If one of you guys did it, I'll happliy join your jane army
can't do that if she's dead

cries in ****ty epilouge

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He thinks he is a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called "birdetta"

Yeah, I made an oopsie and saw they said Birdo so I said Nvm, I also forgot all about Viv because I never played the game they were in

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Woah. That is.... a really horrible thing to say. I mean, it was Japan in the 80s but... goddamn Nintendo! Wait, this game was created for the states. Well, they just lost the "different culture" excuse.

D

Deleted member

Oh.

Wait.

This is more confusing than it should be, or it seams that way to me.

Still is weird that Nintendo, the Disney of gaming companies, introduced the first Trans character in gaming. And like, no one ever talks about it. You don't see weird parents going on half-baked philosophical rants about Birdo. It's just... an interesting cultural phenomenon that I'd love to study further. If I could ever find a way to isolate myself from reality and view all portions of it at once.

Look at me, I'm talking about what I would do if I was omniscient, and I'm saying I would study the cultural effect of a pink dinosaur from Super Mario Bros 2.
Don't think we should congratulate Nintendo for the bare minimum, especially as Birdo isn't exactly a very positive portrayal and she wasn't even written as trans originally(much like Poison). She's better nowadays but still, she isn't the best example of trans representation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Woah. That is.... a really horrible thing to say. I mean, it was Japan in the 80s but... goddamn Nintendo! Wait, this game was created for the states. Well, they just lost the "different culture" excuse.
That quote also specifically comes from the North American instruction booklet.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have. As a DC nerd, I also love this book. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of Watchmen (it's too dark for me, and that's seeping over into Doomsday Clock). I do think this book is an intriguing read and it makes you think about DC in a whole new weird way. Although I feel like you have to kind of take it separately from the entire rest of the DC Universe in order for it not to cause some major problems.
I loved how the Doc described magic in the last issue.

“You all think you’re doing magic?”

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom