• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No I have, I just had no idea what Bowser In The Dark World was. Sorry. :p
Haven’t played 64 yet, just seen some gameplay.
Super Mario 64 is an interesting game nowadays. It pioneered 3D Mario and was a really interesting direction to take the series at the time. If you liked Galaxy, just imagine Mario 64 being that but the first of its kind.

I grew up with it and remember it fondly, but it's not my favorite game to go back to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Spirits are nothing like event matches. The goal of spirits is to emulate characters that aren't playable in Smash by kind-of copying their gimmicks into a single match. Events are just events, and they only use them in the context of playable characters.
They're fights with a theme :drshrug:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Works for me, so as long as Pit/Samus is the flagship. o: Honestly I need more inspiration though. It's not the same when you're doing all these alone.

On another note, I try Stage Builder for an hour and I am terrible at it (not just because of my joycon problem). Guess my creativity should stick to snapshots, but the bright side is that said Stage Builder encouraged me to put Smash in the system again (since I was playing MonHun).
You’ll get that inspiration soon
That's a good sign that change needs to be made within one's self.
Ain’t that the truth
Thanks to Teeb in the Joker thread we know that Arsene's model was codenamed "Doyle" - a reference to Sherlock Holmes author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as a reference to Detective Conan who has a rival based on Arsene Lupin named Kaito Kid.

Also the model is gorgeous.

View attachment 210256
What a ****ing pimp

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey, Nintendo work their ***es off to make their games, I don’t wanna just play a game for free that they could be making money off of.
I was like you once, but then I realized I wanted to play Mother 3.

Now i've got a whole Pirate Ship.

Can N64 games run on ****ty computers? Asking for a friend.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My voting poll so far has SEGA as having better representation than Capcom

D

Deleted member

Hey, Nintendo work their ***es off to make their games, I don’t wanna just play a game for free that they could be making money off of.
This is why I do not like pirating.
Pirating is essentially stealing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Trust me I wanna

I don’t wanna emulate a game I haven’t played for. And I don’t really have any consoles besides the 3DS that can play it.

“Oh yeah, no money.” -Wario
I just checked online, used copies of Mario 64 DS are generally less then 15 (american) dollars. On the Wii U eshop, both version are $10 (I think).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah , perhaps talking about pirating and the fact I totally would download a car if I could isn’t the best thing to do in this thread.

D

Deleted member

Spirits are nothing like event matches. The goal of spirits is to emulate characters that aren't playable in Smash by kind-of copying their gimmicks into a single match. Events are just events, and they only use them in the context of playable characters.
The real problem with spirits is the crazy as Hell stat buffs higher ranked spirits get. If you go in spiritless against a three-star spirit, winning is a nightmare without luck. You barely do enough damage and enemies can take you down with three good hits. Couple that with how if you equip high tier spirits on a heavyweight against a one star spirit, it's mindless. A single smash attack wins. The balance comes down to dumb luck and stats rather than knowledge of the game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
very important question people

what music does my edea stage deserve

i'm thinking ring a ding but i'm open to suggestions

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I totally agree! Just buy it in on the Switch's virtual console!

If there was one

D

Deleted member

Can N64 games run on ****ty computers? Asking for a friend.
I'd caution you to be careful with N64 emulation. Project64, the most popular N64 emulator, had some nasty controversy about two or so years back when the creators attempted to sneak adware onto people's computers through the installer. The adware has since been removed, but versions that still contain the adware are still floating around out there.

TBH I'd recommend Mupen64 with a Python frontend if you want to play N64 games on PC. MP64py is a very solid emulator: No intrusive add like P64, no installer, lightweight, comes with good plugins for graphics and audio right out of the gate, and is super easy to use. Only downside is that MP64py has a horrible controller config plugin, but if you're patient enough to get it to work, it's a great emulator.

...Please make sure the games you play are ones you've already purchased or are unavailable through normal means, though.

D

Deleted member

There is this stupid glitch that I hate where the Ender Dragon comes down once, and then the Ender Dragon never comes down after that and repeats the same flying pattern. It is frankly very annoying.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Making money off of what? They don't sell the cartridges anymore, nor do they sell the DS remake carts. The only way they would totally make money is buying their own emulator from the Wii U e-shop.

If you went to a game store and bought a cartridge now, you're giving money to the company reselling it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd caution you to be careful with N64 emulation. Project64, the most popular N64 emulator, had some nasty controversy about two or so years back when the creators attempted to sneak adware onto people's computers through the installer. The adware has since been removed, but versions that still contain the adware are still floating around out there.

TBH I'd recommend Mupen64 with a Python frontend if you want to play N64 games on PC. MP64py is a very solid emulator: No intrusive add like P64, no installer, lightweight, comes with good plugins for graphics and audio right out of the gate, and is super easy to use. Only downside is that MP64py has a horrible controller config plugins, but if you're patient enough to get it to work, it's a great emulator.
Project 64 also just sucks in general Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! . Graphical glitches are way too frequent on it if there are any fancy alias effects. I played Bomberman 64 on it, and there were two instances where the game blinded me because the emulator couldn't actually run the screen effects. I couldn't see what was happening on screen until I died. Best use something better.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Btw I showed a friend of mine the Joker DLC. This friend refuses to buy DLC, refuses to buy download only games, refuses to even connect his consoles to the internet. This has been the case for a literal decade. Joker broke him and he now wants the Fighter Pass
Awwww I must be the only one left then LOL! I'm not very interested in Joker to be honest, I'd prefer first party characters so that's what I'm waiting out on. Joker looks smooth though! His music is good.... plus it's one step closer to EO music in Smash :demon:

D

Deleted member

Project 64 also just sucks in general. Graphical glitches are way too frequent on it if there are any fancy alias effects. I played Bomberman 64 on it, and there were two instances where the game blinded me because the emulator couldn't actually run the screen effects. Best use something better.
Everything I've read pretty much points to things like Mupen64 or RetroArch being the way to go. However, RetroArch is an extremely long and complicated time commitment to get working, so I'd personally recommend MP64py.

D

Deleted member

I really don't understand why you all want the game datamined.
It is much better off a surprise, honestly.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Awwww I must be the only one left then LOL! I'm not very interested in Joker to be honest, I'd prefer first party characters so that's what I'm waiting out on. Joker looks smooth though! His music is good.... plus it's one step closer to EO music in Smash :demon:
First party characters don’t exist though
Sorry

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Making money off of what? They don't sell the cartridges anymore, nor do they sell the DS remake carts. The only way they would totally make money is buying their own emulator from the Wii U e-shop.

If you went to a game store and bought a cartridge now, you're giving money to the company reselling it.
Even then just doesn’t seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom