• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay, briefly tried out Joker. Really fun from what I played. Final Smash really does look sick. Persona seems sorta limited.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Let's be honest, I downloaded a 24.4GB update for Overwatch yesterday for their new event. Sure, it wasn't immediately as it came out, but you don't hear about server issues for Microsoft or Sony, and the updates for their games are far larger. But that's because they actually do pretty well with their servers. Sure, Blizzard has to maintain their own servers. But at least it starts downloading.

When I was living with my parents, it took almost an hour to complete a 50 GB update one time, it was garbage. This has been OVER an hour, and it hasn't even started yet!

Yes, many people are trying to download this right now. That doesn't mean this is acceptable. I am usually very, very patient and don't mind this stuff because it does happen. But Nintendo has a history of bad online usually, and the fact that they are charging people for this and have tried to make it seem like a quality online service I am...unconvinced.
Nintendo is a leader of the videogame industry. This state of online is frankly unacceptable for a company of their caliber. Usually, in situations like these, I try to play devil's advocate or defend Nintendo, but when it comes to online, they're ****. They knew it was coming. They have the money to build a decent online infrastructure. But they refuse to improve.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I just do not understand Nintendo's logic here. They had a full day to prepare this update after it was known to the public, even longer since they had to decide a date and time internally.

Very incompetent online handling as usual.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh hey, that Nathaniel Bandy person put out a new triggered video.

I wonder what will load first...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The new Beneath the Mask arrangement is absolutely amazing

Pretty much the level of quality you'd expect from the guys who did the Gang-Plank Galleon remix

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So...

Does the Velvet Room song alternate Mementos designs, or is it locked to the P3 version?

It was white in the Direct for some reason while the other 10 songs were color coded based on game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just do not understand Nintendo's logic here. They had a full day to prepare this update after it was known to the public, even longer since they had to decide a date and time internally.

Very incompetent online handling as usual.
Eh, what else is new? Nintendo not giving out refunds online?

D

Deleted member

While I'm a lot more calm now, yeah, this stinks. Nintendo's charging for this crud, there's no excuse anymore

D

Deleted member

I am tempted to just go play Hardcore instead of constantly wasting my energy to press the download button.
Still, I will continue restarting, downloading, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
22 minutes after the initial maintenance and still nothing.

**** you Nintendo.

This almost makes me want to see the game datamined.

If you'd gonna charge $20 bucks for an online service, make it functional please.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It could also be that a ton of people are craving that ultimate dlc, and there's just way more traffic than they expected.

But obviously with really good programming you could avoid stuff like that, maybe something that sifts and lets however hundreds at a time it could handle.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Edit: argh this post travelled across dimensions

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ah forget it. I slept awful last night, I feel like garbage, I’m just gonna go to sleep and hopefully the service I paid for will allow me to enjoy the content I paid for tomorrow morning.

Thanks Nintendo, love you guys

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Download started working for a bit and gave me a time of 26 minutes to download. Then it broke again.
So not only do I have to wait even longer for Nintendo to fix their screw up but it's going to take another half an hour after that to actually download.
I feel cheated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Nintendo should completely restructure whatever department is in charge of the online. Get rid of the folks who clearly don't know what they're doing and bring in people who do.

Because frankly if anyone else was this incompetent they'd be fired on the spot.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've been spamming the update button for almost an hour and a half now. Can't stop now since I've made it so far but I really wish Nintendo was more prepared for one of the biggest updates on one of the most popular games.

D

Deleted member

So in the meantime while Nintendo continues to be the laughing stock of the industry, may I implore you all on a majestic game from childhood's past called

The Simpsons: Hit & Run?

I just found out about the modding community, and man.

It. Is. Beautiful.

D

Deleted member

Joker has a wavedash too.

Roberk

Smash Champion
It could also be that a ton of people are craving that ultimate dlc, and there's just way more traffic than they expected.

But obviously with really good programming you could avoid stuff like that, maybe something that sifts and lets however hundreds at a time it could handle.
Nah, they could look at the sales data of the Fighter's Pass, Joker's Challenger Pack, and Smash Ultimate overall. They know exactly how many people bought him and even then there are other Smash players who just want their Stage Builder. There's no excuse tbh.

D

Deleted member

How does Minecraft on my PC update better than Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch, despite the fact that Minecraft updates can be huge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom