• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Okay, in fairness fairness, I'm paying $20 for ****ty Virtual Console and internet that's worse than the Wii U's internet.

I can probably play Fallout 76 and have a better experience.

That should show you how sad this is.

View attachment 209766
Dozens of NES games, the SNES library, the 64 library, the GB library, the GBA library, and the DS library for Virtual Console died for this. I WANT to give you money Nintendo, but only when that money actually means something.

BZocky

Smash Ace

Releasing Joker without a hitch- micro brain
Schedule server maintenance the moment he is available- galaxy brain

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Smh just start the download, go to bed, and then you can play it first thing in the morning.
Doesn't everybody wake up at 6 AM?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Let's be honest, I downloaded a 24.4GB update for Overwatch yesterday for their new event. Sure, it wasn't immediately as it came out, but you don't hear about server issues for Microsoft or Sony, and the updates for their games are far larger. But that's because they actually do pretty well with their servers. Sure, Blizzard has to maintain their own servers. But at least it starts downloading.

When I was living with my parents, it took almost an hour to complete a 50 GB update one time, it was garbage. This has been OVER an hour, and it hasn't even started yet!

Yes, many people are trying to download this right now. That doesn't mean this is acceptable. I am usually very, very patient and don't mind this stuff because it does happen. But Nintendo has a history of bad online usually, and the fact that they are charging people for this and have tried to make it seem like a quality online service I am...unconvinced.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy **** I saw Geno for a second and thought LtP came back to life.
Well sorry to disappoint ya though I thought they were here earlier.

Also I was playing classic mode with Joker and randomly when Arsene is is finished charging Joker does a cut-in kinda like this and yells "Arsene!" I don't recall Nintendo noting that so that's neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay, in fairness fairness, I'm paying $20 for ****ty Virtual Console and internet that's worse than the Wii U's internet.

I can probably play Fallout 76 and have a better experience.

That should show you how sad this is.

View attachment 209766
Wouldn't go that far, but 'aight, I get it, peeps are mad. I'm a bit miffed too.

TBH, us spamming their servers with requests is only gonna make it harder for them to fix. I'm giving up for now and will come back and try again once the maintenance ends.

Ironic part of this is, people will still pay for this service anyways. Plus, people will forget all about how mad they were once they're playing Joker.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
eh, overload of people, what can you do
what happend to things when they are overloaded, they crash
*looks at the rest of the thread*

Throw tantrums, I guess.

I survived several 3DS holiday seasons and this is literally the only time I can remember the Switch servers bending in on themselves for even a fraction of that kind of stretch, I'll just

play Terraria on my laptop and wait for Nintendo to figure out a way around the door jam of several million people with moderate anxiety like someone who has everything except anger issues instead of the reverse.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well sorry to disappoint ya though I thought they were here earlier.

Also I was playing classic mode with Joker and randomly when Arsene is is finished charging Joker does a cut-in kinda like this and yells "Arsene!" I don't recall Nintendo noting that so that's neat.
Well yeah... it was in the trailer yesterday.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result but I will download this update if it kills me.

D

Deleted member

This is OLD news.

Sakurai flat out said in like, January via Famitsu the DLC5 wouldn't have Guidances.
well excuse me for being a misinformed dumbass this issue totally couldn't have been avoided by not being a misinformed dumbass

let me be angry at nothing goddammit

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey, Nintendo. Can you:

Make games that define a Genre and Generation?

Yep

Jump back from a console that bombed and make a console that's a phenomenon?

Yep

Can you have the two best selling game franchises of all time under your belt?

Yep

Can you defy all odds and make a hybrid console?

Yep

Can you be one of the most profitable but also most customer friendly company in the business?

Yep

Can you make an impossible game with crossovers from 16 different companies?

Yep

Can you have a decently competent online service?

D

Deleted member

WE IN HERE
This is not what I expected. (I was thinking the battle version over the emotional piece.) Still, this is solid. It's fast-paced, upbeat, and emotional. It really combines everything great about Persona 4's music into one song (minus the lack of vocals that's what Reach Out For The Truth is for).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ehh, the I'll Face Myself arrangement is good, but not on the level of the Aria of the Soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom