• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How did I know that when I clicked on this thread, I'd see tons of people freaking out over Jane?

Anyways, don't have much to say about Joker. Looks cool enough, and I'm ultimately satisfied with what we got. Really looking forward to the speculation moving forward though. Kinda hoping this is enough to get people talking again instead of us only discussing when Erdrick will get revealed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta wonder though.

Signs point to a direct...

When is that? You'd think they'd save Joker for that.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Sure! I’ll put you down! Don’t know how long it will be till we assign the rolls. Probably tomorrow after Joker hype dies down.
thank you!!

Jesus christ we got another 2 months of Erdrick debates ahead of us.

All aboard, last call before the crazy train leaves the station.
It’s 2 months, that’s not really that long to wait tbh

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm legitimately confused with all that's happening right now XD. Like all preconceptions since February have to be analyzed again because we all immediately assumed Smash direct in April, therefore, newcomer.
It was 'kind of' like a smash direct in april, but shadowdropped as a vod.
Huge hit on the 5ch leak. but it's not like it was the main power of erdrick's chances. I'm a bit sad about jane right now but i'll try to get through it to enjoy joker ..

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im hoping that Joker can hook people trying to spike him off stage and just kind of drag them down with him or jump off them as he pulls them down. Edgeguarding would be a nightmare with one mode being invincible and the other potentially flipping the tables.
"You spike me, You die with me"

D

Deleted member

is it just me or did joker's hit sounds feel really satisfying, like chrom hit sound satisfying

D

Deleted member

It was 'kind of' like a smash direct in april, but shadowdropped as a vod.
Huge hit on the 5ch leak. but it's not like it was the main power of erdrick's chances. I'm a bit sad about jane right now but i'll try to get through it to enjoy joker ..
Yeah. It's less evidence for Erdrick if it turned out to be fake, but that doesn't discount everything else he has yet. Fingers crossed!

Shame about Jane, though. Know you were hyped for her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well considering it took 15 minutes, obviously it's not going to be in a Nintendo Direct since it would take half of the time. I also think there's going to be another Smash Direct outside of E3 just like with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No problem! Can’t wait to decide who everyone is.

Compared to the Joker wait, this will fly by. Not to mention the fact that there’s a strong chance we could get TWO fighters at E3.
I wish the Smashboards Sailor Scouts the best of luck!

May you ever fulfill your dreams!

I'll just be here on the side supporting you.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am glad if this is the case, since I really like "Dream on Butterfly", and "A Lone Prayer" in Persona 1 PSP.
There's not going to be songs from P1 and P2.

Sakurai Persona.jpg

Primary focus is Persona 3 and up (unfortunately).

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I gotta wonder though.

Signs point to a direct...

When is that? You'd think they'd save Joker for that.
Next direct is in June and it’s called E3. We’re less than two months away at this point. I think having a full direct this close to E3 is unprecedented.

I do expect a Pokémon direct either this month or next. Pokémon tends to do its own thing, with an occasional smaller bit in a general Nintendo Direct or E3.

D

Deleted member

I feel like us expecting a Direct 'cause of Joker was similar to us expecting one because of Piranha Plant.

Long story short: Nintendo does whatever they want. Patterns don't matter, it's always gonna be a wild ride with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
thank you!!

It’s 2 months, that’s not really that long to wait tbh
It's not if we are assuming E3 will come with at least two characters and some immediate reveals for download.

If we get one and then wait 4 more months for play- something is seriously off in the cycle.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah. It's less evidence for Erdrick if it turned out to be fake, but that doesn't discount everything else he has yet. Fingers crossed!

Shame about Jane, though. Know you were hyped for her.
Yup. I'm still holding out for a surprise after the persona concert on the 24th (incl for smash), but it still hurts because i was set to play a female persona character in smash.
can't do much for how it is. just gotta stay open and enjoy what there is. life advice

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Sakurai dropping more info via twitter.

Can we get a translation? Please?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just never understood why it was an issue in the first place.

"No guns" always felt more like one of those fan rules that people still insisted on clinging onto ever since Bayonetta came along.
To be fair, Sakurai himself stated that he deliberately redesigned the Ray Gun item in Smash 4 because he wanted to ensure that it didn't look like a real gun. Plus I believe he also made it a point to mainly give Snake explosive based attacks because he didn't want to give him a realistic gun either.

I guess after Bayonetta's inclusion, he stopped caring altogether....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They didn't say exactly when the patch would drop, did they?

Do we know if it's going to be at midnight or some other random part of the day?

D

Deleted member

I feel like us expecting a Direct 'cause of Joker was similar to us expecting one because of Piranha Plant.

Long story short: Nintendo does whatever they want. Patterns don't matter, it's always gonna be a wild ride with them.
Well since we can't really predict when they'll reveal a fighter anymore after E3, I'll be out of the "when will they come" speculation after June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom