• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Banjo can only be revealed at e3 or the game awards imo. In all honesty I expect a dual reveal of him and Erdrick at E3. A little East, a little West. A little charm, a little anime.

Am I the only one who misses the discussions we were having before Joker dropped?
Or they can just reveal who they want when they want I don't really think there's a pattern

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The game is "confirmed," but, according to Polar, it was internally delayed. This is a very specific detail, which is why I'm confused the 5chan got it right but might have gotten Jack Frost wro

There was a problem fetching the tweet

15 minutes is not an accurate portrayal of what's in the game and what we don't know.

It's on the verge of being unreliable, I agree. But like the Gematsu leak, there could be some truth in there. It's not a black or white scenario like we're trying to make it out to be until we actually have something. Again this is why I'm saying wait until Joker is released. Maybe the trailer didn't show off Jack Frost anywhere because it was a minor detail.
15 minutes where they showed things as tiny as Persona music, Persona Mii Costumes, and you think they'd leave out the series mascot, minor detail or not? Especially when it's stated Jack "uses a skill"?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
So have they put a joker video in that playlist yet?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kirby's eyes when he wears Joker's mask is weird. I thought he'd have red Kirby eyes. Other than that, the Kirby hat looks clean, but most of them do.

New Avatar for right now. Cropped some MMX8 art.

If anyone else wants to use it.

X8 Face.JPG

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Does jane relate to Joker's academy attire? It has two slots like "jane" had....could simply be that.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Im hoping that Joker can hook people trying to spike him off stage and just kind of drag them down with him or jump off them as he pulls them down. Edgeguarding would be a nightmare with one mode being invincible and the other potentially flipping the tables.

D

Deleted member

15 minutes where they showed things as tiny as Persona music, Persona Mii Costumes, and you think they'd leave out the series mascot, minor detail or not? Especially when it's stated Jack "uses a skill"?
I'm saying they could.

I'm in a confused state of mind right now, because there's a lot of new revelations. I don't think the 5chan leak is completely deconfirmed yet. It's a case of "until the fat lady sings" because we just don't have the Fighter Pass yet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah but now the issue is even less of a problem given Joker has a normal pistol.

Dante, Jill, Doom Slayer and Lara gangs RISE UP!!!
I just never understood why it was an issue in the first place.

"No guns" always felt more like one of those fan rules that people still insisted on clinging onto ever since Bayonetta came along.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Stage builder look really interesting actually. Stuff I saw there like Vegetable Valley and the Zelda 2-ish Stage really make me think layers could make for some really fun and more referential, creative stages.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Can I just say that I'll Face Myself getting an arrangement makes me very happy? Because it does.

Also thanks Warchamp for Joker background

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope you're also looking at one.

And even better I co-created a new theory. Ahhh I missed those days. :grin:
I know right! I got a new mommy, and we were about to officially assign the ranks of the Smashboards Trans Girl Sailor Scouts! Then anime pretty boy drops in and messes it all up.

Or they can just reveal who they want when they want I don't really think there's a pattern
I’m not saying there’s a pattern. I’m just saying it makes sense. Really, do you think they’d announce a major collaboration with one of their rivals in an ordinary direct?

D

Deleted member

Now that Joker has a gun...

Can Lara Croft take Erdrick and Geno out back and shoot them in the face and just take their spots in Smash for now?

K THNX.
Come on now no need to beat on a dead horse Geno's already done just let the dude rest in peace.

D

Deleted member

I think it's cool that youre holding for possibilities.
I really dont think we'll see jack frost in a skill at this point... but we havent seen all of the smashes and taunts, so who knows.
I'm legitimately confused with all that's happening right now XD. Like all preconceptions since February have to be analyzed again because we all immediately assumed Smash direct in April, therefore, newcomer.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Im hoping that Joker can hook people trying to spike him off stage and just kind of drag them down with him or jump off them as he pulls them down. Edgeguarding would be a nightmare with one mode being invincible and the other potentially flipping the tables.
That'd kinda destroy the meta wouldn't it

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Banjo can only be revealed at e3 or the game awards imo. In all honesty I expect a dual reveal of him and Erdrick at E3. A little East, a little West. A little charm, a little anime.

Am I the only one who misses the discussions we were having before Joker dropped?
Give it a few days, we'll be back to normal in no time.

The game is "confirmed," but, according to Polar, it was internally delayed. This is a very specific detail, which is why I'm confused the 5chan got it right but might have gotten Jack Frost wrong

There was a problem fetching the tweet

15 minutes is not an accurate portrayal of what's in the game and what we don't know.

It's on the verge of being unreliable, I agree. But like the Gematsu leak, there could be some truth in there. It's not a black or white scenario like we're trying to make it out to be until we actually have something. Again this is why I'm saying wait until Joker is released. Maybe the trailer didn't show off Jack Frost anywhere because it was a minor detail.
No offense to Panda, but the absence of Jack Frost is something that I consider to be much bigger than her report of P5U being internally delayed.

And that's b/c me, as an outsider, can clearly see that Jack Frost isn't in the game.

I can't validate myself whether or not Panda's claims are true.

But on the Jack point, we'll find out within the next 24 hours. If Jack isn't in, I ain't counting the leak in favor of Erdrick anymore.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
All those guests that spent the day watching us talk about stained cookies and stuff probably feel their patience finally paid off today.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Question: Does this actually seem like a good representation of what a Persona is in its game?

It looks like a better version of Limit Break- having not yet played Persona, this feels a bit cheap and unoriginal.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, I've got to come up with new ideas for stages.

While I'm at it though, I might as well try to recreate some of my old stages from Smash 4.
Vertical Vitriol
1555468483937.png
Reverse Battlefield
1555468504033.png
Last Stand
1555468597746.png
Platform Pyramid
1555468679362.png

And a lot more where that came from.

I've also got some competitive custom stages, but I don't have pictures of those.

I'm gonna try to recreate Meta Crystal when Stage Builder comes out too.

Man, with this plus Mario Maker 2, there's a lot of stages that I'm gonna have to think up.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
‘for his neutral special, he wields a Gun.’ still comes off as something so unexpected for a smash direct that it’s just the funniest thing to me lol

I don’t care much for the persona series but I’m hyped. There’s so much care put into this character!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm saying they could.

I'm in a confused state of mind right now, because there's a lot of new revelations. I don't think the 5chan leak is completely deconfirmed yet. It's a case of "until the fat lady sings" because we just don't have the Fighter Pass yet.
And I feel they couldn't. This is just where we disagree, and I understand why you feel this way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hahahaha okay mr poll maker, i see what you did

Better change that mystery gunner to Doomguy before I go rip-and-tear mode

Shroob

Sup?
Jesus christ we got another 2 months of Erdrick debates ahead of us.

All aboard, last call before the crazy train leaves the station.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, it looks like it stops both players' momentum in that situation.
Also, that sounds like it'd really be annoying if the Joker is trying to recover and the edgeguarder forces him to hook onto himself, kinda like intentionally getting hit by PKT2 to gimp Ness/Lucas.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I just never understood why it was an issue in the first place.

"No guns" always felt more like one of those fan rules that people still insisted on clinging onto ever since Bayonetta came along.
It's a direct Sakurai quote, not fan rule, though.

"Said plainly, Snake in Smash Bros. would have to be able to do things he couldn’t normally do. For example, in the Metal Gear Solid games, Snake doesn’t jump. He doesn’t have Smash attacks, and there are no midair battles. However, it wouldn’t be Smash Bros without those elements, so we developed certain moves just for him. Also, we could incorporate heavy weapons like bombs and rocket launchers as jokes, but things like knives, automatic weapons, and realistic guns were off-limits. Since this also affected the other characters, even though I decided on Snake myself, I needed to receive permission from their original creators."
-source

That being said, I'M SO GLAD IT'S GONE. LEON TIME BBY

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
joker's got some kinda batman-*** recovery i love it

anyhoo what'll make or break joker is his damage outout because as of right now his frame data, disjoints, and combo potential look pretty good but if he can't do any damage without arsene that'll be a yikes
What's gonna make or break him is his survivability. If his datamine stats are amy indicater, Joker is light, and he might be at issue if he constantly dies before/after he triggers his persona.

Plus, his up-special move doesn't look good without Arsene, since tether-only based recoveries tend to suck. At least Ivysaur could switch to Charizard for a better recovery.

D

Deleted member

Very hype for all this Joker hype to turn into rage in a month if he turns out to be Bayo 2.0.

D

Deleted member

Can I just say that I'll Face Myself getting an arrangement makes me very happy? Because it does.

Also thanks Warchamp for Joker background
The hypest part about that trailer wasn't Joker or his moveset. (They were pretty hype though.) The hypest part was seeing Persona 3 and 4 music with Mementos getting their aesthetics. That is ****ing awesome
But on the Jack point, we'll find out within the next 24 hours. If Jack isn't in, I ain't counting the leak in favor of Erdrick anymore.
Seems we agree here. Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom