• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Jesus christ we got another 2 months of Erdrick debates ahead of us.

All aboard, last call before the crazy train leaves the station.
Sorry, but you do you mean...

THE TRAIN HEADED FOR THE MYSTIC RUINS WILL BE DEPARTING SOON.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Next direct is in June and it’s called E3. We’re less than two months away at this point. I think having a full direct this close to E3 is unprecedented.

I do expect a Pokémon direct either this month or next. Pokémon tends to do its own thing, with an occasional smaller bit in a general Nintendo Direct or E3.
Direct? probably not.

But we will get several Pokemon videos, showing new characters and features and of course, Pokemon.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I haven’t played P5, but Joker’s moveset looks pretty cool. His stage looks really cool as well, although I do have some concerns about visibility, given the extremely high contrast. I’m not sure if I’m getting the DLC immediately, I’ll probably get the Fighter Pack eventually.

The new features in Stage Builder are also very cool, it looks like there’ll be way more options for cool stages. I am a bit disappointed that the backgrounds are flat, motionless skyboxes now, but at least we can pretty up the near background to distract from that.

D

Deleted member

Well since we can't really predict when they'll reveal a fighter anymore after E3, I'll be out of the "when will they come" speculation after June.
I personally feel, like, 90% positive Erdrick is dropped at E3 or extremely close after.

The way I see it:

Fighter 2: June
Fighter 3: September
Fighter 4: November/December
Fighter 5: February

Then the game gets 6 months more of balance patches and little goodies akin to Splatoon 2's final months and then the game is left in whatever state it's in at that point. Hopefully really good, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

wow i can't believe atlus is FORCING nintendo to wait until the 25th to release joker. what assholes

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well since we can't really predict when they'll reveal a fighter anymore after E3, I'll be out of the "when will they come" speculation after June.
On the other hand- we've never gotten two third party characters at an e3 event. If we are to get any first party or second party characters in this fighter pass, it seems likely to me to be at e3.

wow i can't believe atlus is FORCING nintendo to wait until the 25th to release joker. what ********
What????

It said he is playable tomorrow.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I saw PushDustin on Twitter said that the previous Joker leak had been busted, and that same leak was what told us about Erdrick. Is that true? Are we gonna dodge the Erdrick bullet and have a chance at online amiibo tournaments Shrek somebody else?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Also,
daaaaaaang
Akechi at advanced, Makoto at novice, and Caroline, and Justine non-enhancable (Might be inaccurate because... well...)
Sakurai did some of these spirits dirty.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Joker's alts are:

Phantom Thief Outfit

Revelations: Persona Outfit

Persona 2: IS/EP Outfit

Persona 3 Outfit

Persona 4 Outfit

Akechi Outfit

Shujin Uniform

White Shujin Uniform

Pretty solid set of alts IMO.
That’s Crow, not Akechi. ;)

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I saw PushDustin on Twitter said that the previous Joker leak had been busted, and that same leak was what told us about Erdrick. Is that true? Are we gonna dodge the Erdrick bullet and have a chance at online amiibo tournaments Shrek somebody else?
That doesn’t discount the evidence that Erdrick has backing him, it does kinda lower his chances tho.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also,
daaaaaaang
Akechi at advanced, Makoto at novice, and Caroline, and Justine non-enhancable (Might be inaccurate because... well...)
Gonna be honest here man...

Who seriously cares?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, so in Smash 4, the first DLC character was Mewtwo, who kinda sucked at release, but got better overtime. DLC 2 was Lucas, who started off as kinda mediocre, to kinda good.

In Smash Ultimate, DLC 1 is Plant, who kinda sucks, and DLC 2 is Joker.

Ya'll better be asking for Joker buffs

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, Corocoro will just leak the entire pokedex 8 months beforehand.
Not anymore

Ever since Sun & Moon Gamefreaks handled showing the entire pokedex 8 months beforehand themselves, Corocoro gets a new thing here and there but they're not as relevant.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That doesn’t affect Erdrick’s chances.

Also,
daaaaaaang
Yeah I’m pissed about Makoto.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Are we all gonna ignore the "This isn't even his final form!" comment when revealing Joker's Persona?
Obvious DBZ reference...
Goku?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Sakurai dropping more info via twitter.

Can we get a translation? Please?
Going by Google Translate, the spirits from DLC don't disappear or change, so you can challenge them as many times as you like. (which means that I stocked up on 99 of most of the spirit board items for NOTHING, but I can't complain) Each DLC fighter will come with additional spirit battles.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Are people really upset that Joker didn't get a Jane alt for a character that w e d o n ' t h a v e k n o w l e d g e a b o u t? There aren't a whole lot of Jane details, and we don't even know if they are a female Joker.
I still think it’s kind of funny that some randomass dummy file in a different game accidentally predicted the Persona 5 Royal FEMC.

I guess the nickname Jane is gonna become Persona trivia now, huh?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are people really upset that Joker didn't get a Jane alt for a character that w e d o n ' t h a v e k n o w l e d g e a b o u t? There aren't a whole lot of Jane details, and we don't even know if they are a female Joker.
I just wanted a female alt. I like playing as girls. And the fact that she’s not here means she’s probably not a female protagonist option for Persona 5, which makes me sad.

D

Deleted member

I personally feel, like, 90% positive Erdrick is dropped at E3 or extremely close after.

The way I see it:

Fighter 2: June
Fighter 3: September
Fighter 4: November/December
Fighter 5: February

Then the game gets 6 months more of balance patches and little goodies akin to Splatoon 2's final months and then the game is left in whatever state it's in at that point. Hopefully really good, lol.
I'm fairly certain about E3. It is historically something they always reveal for. Erdrick's the fighter Tansut and Vergeben feel certain on and we have no new info on any other fighter beyond maybe Microsoft. All this really does is change when we should expect reveals, though maybe I shouldn't do that anymore since I was certain of Erdrick in April.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just wanted a female alt. I like playing as girls. And the fact that she’s not here means she’s probably not a female protagonist option for Persona 5, which makes me sad.
What does her not being in Smash have to do with disqualifying her from her home game?
She is heavily featured in the promos- she could easily still be in that game.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It's not that, I like getting female alts as much as anybody else because it allows for more than just one model to be playable, a female and a male model. Still, it's the fact that we do not yet know if Jane even is the female Joker counterpart, which is why I don't know why people are so convinced that she is based on the name Jane from a datamine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom