• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay kiddos. Gather round. Get ready for some L O R E

Uncle Swamp is gonna tell you about the great Swamp vs Divine debate.

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

Finally he said one thing that the site just could not forgive...

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

All sympathy for him was lost.

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

But of course... I accepted.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. @Moon Monkey , @Smooth Criminal and @Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. Johnknight1 Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, @Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

But a lone hero jumped in to take my place and argue for me.

I wanna say it was @TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

@Opossum @Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
I'm just glad we all channeled our big gay energy to dunk him into the depths of Smash Boards Hell TBH.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I feel the need to bring up Joker’s neutral special.

It’s actually called ****ing Gun. Just Gun. That’s it!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yeah but didn't it say something about delays or something internal going on? I think this is why PolarPanda said it was real, she heard some info or something.

please forgive me if I'm misquoting.
It said P5 fighting game was delayed. This is unconfirmed. Either way, you can't list so relatively few details then get such a big point completely wrong.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You have been preemptively banned from my arena.
Yeah well you have been preemptively banned fr--

Oh **** the power complex is finally getting to me.

Oh no oh **** oh--

D

Deleted member

Sorry Nintendo, but I will not be buying your Super Smashing Brothers video game for my 8-year old son Tyler. This character is using real guns, and he will try to replicate this behavior by using my unguarded, unlocked magnum pistol in my vase to copy moves. Consider me switching to PlayStation!!!

- Sincerely, Suburban Soccer Mom Tiffany
Change that from 'Tiffany' to 'Karen' and you can get some people believing this was a legitimate tweet from somewhere.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh my god, I just realized.

Joker's neutral special... It's his guns, isn't it?

1555467630237.png

WATCH OUT BOYS, KIRBY'S GOT A GUN!

D

Deleted member

5chan leak. The one that claimed that Mementos would be Joker's stage and Jack Frost would appear on screen as a skill.

Jack Frost isn't here. And it's not like Mementos was a super hard guess for a Persona 5 stage.
It did correctly guess that Persona 5 U would be delayed because ArcSys had to develop a Granblue fighting game. It's too preemptive to say its deconfirmed when the DLC isn't out yet.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
D

Deleted member

It did correctly guess that Persona 5 U would be delayed because ArcSys had to develop a Granblue fighting game. It's too preemptive to say its deconfirmed when the DLC isn't out yet.
Except Jack Frost isn’t present at all and it specifically mentioned that.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't believe it.

We finally got Franklin from GTAV for Smash.
Now see

you say that, but as we always end up with a "country-related popularity" argument with Erdrick

GTAV actually got super ****ing popular in Japan

so the whole "Japanese popularity" argument is BTFO'd for Franklin

And with Joker having a gun with the online DLC exemption loophole

A GTA character ain't out of the ordinary.

oh woooow.png

D

Deleted member

Except Jack Frost isn’t present at all and it specifically mentioned that.
I know right? So what's the issue here? I'm going to wait until the Fighter Pass is released, because claiming the Granblue fighting game is bigger than saying Jack Frost. We'll have more info tomorrow

D

Deleted member

I know right? So what's the issue here? I'm going to wait until the Fighter Pass is released, because claiming the Granblue fighting game is bigger than saying Jack Frost. We'll have more info tomorrow
We ignoring that Granblue was already rumoured and explicitly leaked by Hitagi?

D

Deleted member

Just wait for the fanart of him ripping the mask off and his face is covered in blood while he has a crazy grin on his face.
Just like the Joker (DC) in that messed up comic.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Now see

you say that, but as we always end up with a "country-related popularity" argument with Erdrick

GTAV actually got super ****ing popular in Japan

so the whole "Japanese popularity" argument is BTFO'd for Franklin

And with Joker having a gun with the online DLC exemption loophole

A GTA character ain't out of the ordinary.

View attachment 209269
I can not wait for the next Classic Mode of the GTA character.
here we go.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom