• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
FF7 didn't do much to RPG outside of storytelling tropes tbh. Most of its mechanics already existed in FF6 and prior games.
Except, y'know, the fact that it literally single handedly spurred mainstream interest in JRPGs in the west for the first time ever and made the JRPG an actual genre force to be reckoned with. But yeah, other than that, it was all story.

I mean not even Mario could hold up a JRPG the way FFVII did.

I didn't actually think I'd get Greninja'd so hard on this. Lol. Sorry for redundancy.
I was saying it in jest. I understand the historical context.

But in all seriousness Panzer Dragoon Saga was so much better. But people actually played FF7 because it had a huge marketing push and came out at the beginning of PS1's immense popularity.
Panzer Dragoon has always been the ****, for real. But yeah, FFVII was more about culture significance than gameplay.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't see why that's a problem...

I'm all for the wacky and creative characters
Honestly I'm more upset with Mario Kart than I'll ever be with Smash.

Mario Kart is just kart racing. You can put in whomever the **** you want, as proven by throwing in Link, Isabelle and Inklings. Yet we get ****ing four different baby versions and Pink Gold Peach instead of literally any other Nintendo character.

Time to just make it Nintendo Kart, you cowards.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Mario Kart is just kart racing. You can put in whomever the **** you want, as proven by throwing in Link, Isabelle and Inklings. Yet we get ****ing four different baby versions and Pink Gold Peach instead of literally any other Nintendo character.

Kirby on the Warp Star. Yes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'll accept Nintendo Kart once Boshi comes back, but not until then...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

We are proud to announce Mario Kart 9. EVERYONE IS HERE!

...but the only new character is the Heavy from Team Fortress 2.

Insert laughter here.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just like people's names, you can always change your avatar, but it sure will draw attention.
Actually I don't think anyone's ever commented on my avatar changing besides my casual hoodie Midna.

But that was after, like, six years of Daisy, so.

D

Deleted member

DID SOMEBODY SAY KAZOO?!

Anyway, got off work early tonight cause of the weather, did I miss anything good?

Those are some high grade memes right there. 10/10 Chad Tropic would approve.

On the topic of Smash speculation, I find it hilarious they removed Jack and Brave from the code. I almost wonder if they would have stayed if no one brought attention to them, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow you've been spriting for three days?

THREE DAYS?

I'VE BEEN DRAWING FOR 13 YEARS AND I CAN'T ANIMATE CRAP.

Seriously though, good stuff. Keep it up.
He's basically the Golden Frieza of the Smashboards artists.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Those are some high grade memes right there.

On the topic of Smash speculation, I find it hilarious they removed Jack and Brave from the code. I almost wonder if they would have stayed if no one brought attention to them, lol.
They'll never guess the characters behind these secret codenames-

They guessed the characters, sir.

...****.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh no, trust me I think it looks very bland at best and your analogy would work if Firestones were exclusive to Blue.
For a second I thought you said "Flintstones were exclusive to Blue"
So do people here actually, you know, play Smash? Since I might run an arena for a bit if anyone is interested.
I do, but I've got a ton of work these next two days, so I probably won't be back on 'til Friday night.

D

Deleted member

They'll never guess the characters behind these secret codenames-

They guessed the characters, sir.

...****.
We need to act fast! Release the plant to distract them and remove the codenames!

But sir, we haven't finished checking All-Star Mode and Century Smash ye-

I SAID RELEASE THE PLANT!

BTW SUPER not saying this is what went down and that they knew about the bug before release, just trying to be funny.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow you've been spriting for three days?

THREE DAYS?

I'VE BEEN DRAWING FOR 13 YEARS AND I CAN'T ANIMATE CRAP.

Seriously though, good stuff. Keep it up.
XD In my case, I haven't counted how many years I have been drawing, and I don't have the guts to animate anything for ****! :O Well, maybe only Kirby with like, 2 frames. xD

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh btw Noipoi Noipoi that Yoshi character of yours. How exactly does one "let themselves go" as you put it? :yoshi:
He's an alien lizard creature with a big appetite who got stuck in a min-wage job he can't leave. He literally cannot quit, even though he's got job opportunities lined up (alien laws). Eventually he just gave up. He stopped taking care of himself, and just spends all day playing video games and purposefully messing up his job in hopes he'll get fired.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Here in Orlando, it was 55 degrees out. At the same time, the temperature in Minneapolis was -55 degrees. A city in the same country was a whole 100 degrees colder than mine. That’s just insane.

D

Deleted member

There's also a Megalovania for Pinkie Pie, Seinfeld, Plants VS. Zombies, and I think LazyTown might even have one.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here in Orlando, it was 55 degrees out. At the same time, the temperature in Minneapolis was -55 degrees. A city in the same country was a whole 100 degrees colder than mine. That’s just insane.
Technically it's 110 degrees colder... which is actually worse.

Noipoi

Howdy!
@Mr. Wario your avatar is reminding me of when I frantically followed the rainbow horses.

I didn't ask for this nostalgia, now I gotta listen to Pinkie's Brew and the Gypsie Bard.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There's also a Megalovania for Pinkie Pie, Seinfeld, Plants VS. Zombies, and I think LazyTown might even have one.
I know there's one for all of the main Undertale cast in multiple forms + Lancer (maybe some other Deltarune ones), Mario, Bowser, Rick, Ice Bear, Patrick, Plankton, SpongeBob, maybe more I've forgotten...

Oh, and of course, Ness, for a cancelled AU called Smashtale.

There's a Pikmin AU with a Hopes and Dreams based on Ai no Uta that sounds nice.

edit: more Megalovania: Freddy Fazbear, Sr Pelo's Mokey, Kirby but it's just him saying Poyo and matching the original Megalovania's notes...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom