• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That collection's gonna get pricey in a decade or two. Hold onto it.

I hate that we got rid of our Sega Saturn for an N64 when I was a kid. Had I kept playing it and held onto those games I could have made bank by now.
That's the plan. Fire Emblem x SMT is one in particular I think will take a leap.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's so sickeningly sweet.

Kill me.
The song is diabetes but the visuals are dangerously 90's. Like, there has to be a warning label, levels here.
They're immune to diabetes due to the nature of their appetites, but they damn well have the ability to inflict it onto others...

Iridium

Smash Hero
Am I the only person who hasn't played Piranha Plant yet? lobbing axes with Richter is more fun anyway
Make that two. I stopped taking it so hard after a while. Just waiting for my chance now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright fine, since y’all are scared. I’ll be blunt.:4pacman:

Demotions:
:ultpiranha::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultwiifittrainer:

Pokeballs:
:ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu:

Imagine if these happened in the next game instead of cuts lol.
two of those are my mains and one of those is one of my favorite pokemon of all time so no thank you

D

Deleted member

At this point and since there's not gonna be much to discuss about Smash since Nintendo took Anti-Datamine measures I wish that there would be a Grinch Leak 2.0 but instead of a blurry image it would be a clear video of them being added to the banner and Leaked Victory fanfares. The Characters in question would be Erdrick, Geno, Banjo and Sans since they haven't been outright deconfirmed. it would at least spark discussion back up.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just cause you didn't think it wasn't good doesn't mean it wasn't revolutionary.
I was saying it in jest. I understand the historical context.

But in all seriousness Panzer Dragoon Saga was so much better. But people actually played FF7 because it had a huge marketing push and came out at the beginning of PS1's immense popularity.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
At this point and since there's not gonna be much to discuss about Smash since Nintendo took Anti-Datamine measures I wish that there would be a Grinch Leak 2.0 but instead of a blurry image it would be a clear video of them being added to the banner and Leaked Victory fanfares. The Characters in question would be Erdrick, Geno, Banjo and Sans since they haven't been outright deconfirmed. it would at least spark discussion back up.
I suspect we'll be getting another influx of text "leaks" soon because of the incoming info drought.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright fine, since y’all are scared. I’ll be blunt.:4pacman:

Demotions:
:ultpiranha::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultwiifittrainer:

Pokeballs:
:ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu:

Imagine if these happened in the next game instead of cuts lol.
Just quoting this again, just to say that literally my 2 all time favorite Smash characters are on here,
And literally all of the other characters, are great too

You should really be ashamed of yourself...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suspect we'll be getting another influx of text "leaks" soon because of the incoming info drought.
Sure but those could easily be written off but something like the Grinch Leak just Couldn't until the Direct itself and if the Direct came any later I doubt anyone would've been able to find anything to debunk it. More than anything I just want a leak that's Hype and wouldn't be able to be written off instantly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1) That's a similar excuse real world racists used for not wanting to free slaves back in the day, keeping people 'safe' from them. I won't go on much more on this topic as it could get too real. Also kinda funny that she calls humans 'monkeys' implying she doesn't much care for animals either..or at least monkeys/apes..
2) It does, I'm just saying a good VA doesn't make the character good, their personality and stuff do..and I just don't like Viridi.
3) Doesn't matter too much for me since she now only allows it but puts them into those situations in the first place.
4) I'm aware, but Palutena has also been shown to be just as tall as Medusa when she's in Giant form in one of the Kid Icarus Uprising anime shorts (the same one I mentioned Medusa zapping people casually in), so being a Goddess as well, Viridi likely has the ability to change her size between 'human' and 'giant' as well.
5) I don't know, I could still see Palutena reacting like that. She didn't seem angry to me, more like she was just messing with him more.
1. Explains K Rool’s guidance when she’s talking about bananas
2. She warms up to you if you can handle tsundre girls who also hates humans other than husbandos
3. True, but all the important gods send out their armies to fight others (except for Palutena...she only really has a Pit)
4. Good point, too bad Viridi only went with the hologram route
5. That was one of the very few times she didn’t play with him surprisingly

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
FF7 didn't do much to RPG outside of storytelling tropes tbh. Most of its mechanics already existed in FF6 and prior games.
It didn't revolutionize mechanics, but it solidified JRPGs as an item Western audiences wanted. FF7 played a huge part in Japanese publishers putting more effort and money into releasing and properly localizing their bigger games that had previously been seen as "not what Westerners want".

In the grand scheme of things, FF7 isn't anything remarkable. But in the context of when it released and what happened after it, it could be deemed revolutionary.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As a young, incredibly sheltered baby who only knew really Mario, Sonic and Pikachu, I still knew about FF7.

So yeah, that's something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It didn't revolutionize mechanics, but it solidified JRPGs as an item Western audiences wanted. FF7 played a huge part in Japanese publishers putting more effort and money into releasing and properly localizing their bigger games that had previously been seen as "not what Westerners want".

In the grand scheme of things, FF7 isn't anything remarkable. But in the context of when it released and what happened after it, it could be deemed revolutionary.
I mean, my point is what it did to the RPG genre. Game design continued the same after it, the west just started to care more about it and every other RPG started killing their love interests.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
I still haven’t got the plant, and I haven’t even played online for like two weeks. I think I’m already losing my touch with the game. Aside from local nonsense with my sister.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
As long as there's no more
-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:---------:ultpalutena:-:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:-------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:------------:ultyoshi:-----------:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:----------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:---------------
----:ultyoshi:-----------------------------:ultpalutena:------------:ultpalutena:---------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:---:ultyoshi:--:ultyoshi:---------- -:ultpalutena:-----------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:------------------
----:ultyoshi:------:ultyoshi::ultyoshi:----------:ultpalutena:-------:ultpalutena:---------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi:------------:ultpalutena:-----------------------:ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:------------------
----:ultyoshi:---------------:ultyoshi:-------:ultpalutena:---:ultpalutena:-------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:----------:ultyoshi:--------------:ultpalutena:----------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:-------------------
-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:--------:ultpalutena:---------:ultpalutena:-------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:--------------:ultyoshi:----------:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:---------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:---------------

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The one thing FF7 revolutionized was marketing your game correctly.

That and really REALLY early 3D.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The one thing FF7 revolutionized was marketing your game correctly.

That and really REALLY early 3D.
I mean, it also made the JRPG genre mainstream in the West

If it weren't for it, a lot of amazing franchises would have never left japan

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As long as there's no more
-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:---------:ultpalutena:-:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:-------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:------------:ultyoshi:-----------:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:----------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:---------------
----:ultyoshi:-----------------------------:ultpalutena:------------:ultpalutena:---------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:---:ultyoshi:--:ultyoshi:---------- -:ultpalutena:-----------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:------------------
----:ultyoshi:------:ultyoshi::ultyoshi:----------:ultpalutena:-------:ultpalutena:---------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi:------------:ultpalutena:-----------------------:ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:------------------
----:ultyoshi:---------------:ultyoshi:-------:ultpalutena:---:ultpalutena:-------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:----------:ultyoshi:--------------:ultpalutena:----------------------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:-------------------
-----:ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:--------:ultpalutena:---------:ultpalutena:-------------:ultkrool:--------:ultyoshi:--------------:ultyoshi:----------:ultpalutena::ultpalutena::ultpalutena:---------:ultkrool:--------:ultkrool:---------------

I'm not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom