• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is that really all it is? There has to be more because this is essentially putting K. Rool in before DK. You're right in that he has moveset potential, but so does Frisk. What else are the boss battles of Undertale going to inspire if not a Smash moveset for the main protagonist of the game, right?

And I get that Sans is very memorable, but he's part of Undertale. I hear Sans requests and I think it's less Undertale in Smash and more this specific character. It's an odd meme, it is.
Don't get me wrong, i'd be 100% happy with Frisk. Sans is just funnier, and easier to imagine a moveset for imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who here knows who Kyle Hyde is?

Bonus points if you know a certain piece of Smash Bros. trivia about him.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be so quick to counter you on this thing if you gave me a real reason as to why you don't think Erdrick is in.

All you've done so far is deny the evidence and say "nah, leakers could be wrong".

Which, by the way, the key term in that statement is "COULD BE". You don't even fully believe your own counterargument. It feels like you're just saying he won't be in for the sake of being a contrarian.
I believe he is not in, because I feel like Sakurai has ton of other picks he can choose from.
I mean he is popular and he has leaks, but whenever popular or not, who knows what it is going to be?
I just feel like he is not in.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Who here knows who Kyle Hyde is?

Bonus points if you know a certain piece of Smash Bros. trivia about him.
He's from Hotel Dusk, right?

And wasn't his Brawl trophy animated, being the only trophy in the game to be that way?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If insiders weren't saying anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Slime got in instead; if the codenames aren't like usual codenames and do hold connection to the character, you could say Jack references Jack Frost while Brave is like the reverse, so the fighter will be Slime.

Though since insiders say Erdrick I'm gonna say it's Erdrick, whether he's Brave or a later character.

The codenames are still odd though because Brave is just straight-up DQ Hero getting translated while Jack isn't so straight-forward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe he is not in, because I feel like Sakurai has ton of other picks he can choose from.
Sakurai totally had a greater character pool than Isabelle and Incineroar, and here we are with them being leaked before their reveal. Try smarter.

Shroob

Sup?
Mafia_Goon.png

"Mafia doesn't understand what Square Rep is. Is it box? Mafia Town is full of Boxes, but all boxes belong to Mafia."

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Is that really all it is? There has to be more because this is essentially putting K. Rool in before DK. You're right in that he has moveset potential, but so does Frisk. What else are the boss battles of Undertale going to inspire if not a Smash moveset for the main protagonist of the game, right?

And I get that Sans is very memorable, but he's part of Undertale. I hear Sans requests and I think it's less Undertale in Smash and more this specific character. It's an odd meme, it is.
I wouldn't call it a meme, but rather a result of Undertale's handling of the character and how he imprints on the player. Sans is the third major character you meet, right after Toriel and Flowey, and he's by far one of the most prominent characters as like Flowey he pops up across the adventure and does have character moments scattered throughout. He also immediately leaves an impression on you when you first meet him thanks to his humor and jokes, and he continues to leave an impression all the way up until you meet him at Asgore's castle. He's funny, entertaining, a generally good character, and is a challenging boss fight, and all of that lends well into making him someone most would like to see in Smash.

That's not to say that Frisk wouldn't be a great character and as the protagonist I would expect that he would at least be considered, but in terms of what people want to see in the game it makes sense why Sans would be their preferred choice. Sans is the type of character many love and adored from the game and the scope of his popularity reaches even farther then the game itself, so of course there will be requests and discussion around the character as a result.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean he is popular and he has leaks, but whenever popular or not, who knows what it is going to be?
I just feel like he is not in.
Once again, your argument is based on "i just feel a certain way", which means nothing in the face of evidence. Nothing is a guarantee, but to stand there and go against what has been presented with nothing but how you feel is a fool's errand. "He is popular, and he has leaks". You listed the two main reasons why people believe in his chances, and then countered them with nothing but "I just don't think it'll happen".

You can't keep plugging your ears and turning away from what the evidence tells us to be the truth just because you don't personally want to believe in it. That's childish. All I'm asking is for you to give me something other than a "gut feeling".

D

Deleted member

Whoof.
This half health bar challenge is a lot harder than I thought.
I died a handful of times, and I had to reset. My attempt right now is successful, and I am in the Nether.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't call it a meme, but rather a result of Undertale's handling of the character and how he imprints on the player. Sans is the third major character you meet, right after Toriel and Flowey, and he's by far one of the most prominent characters as like Flowey he pops up across the adventure and does have character moments scattered throughout. He also immediately leaves an impression on you when you first meet him thanks to his humor and jokes, and he continues to leave an impression all the way up until you meet him at Asgore's castle. He's funny, entertaining, a generally good character, and is a challenging boss fight, and all of that lends well into making him someone most would like to see in Smash.

That's not to say that Frisk wouldn't be a great character and as the protagonist I would expect that he would at least be considered, but in terms of what people want to see in the game it makes sense why Sans would be their preferred choice. Sans is the type of character many love and adored from the game and the scope of his popularity reaches even farther then the game itself, so of course there will be requests and discussion around the character as a result.
Undertale was popular and Sans is one of, if not, the most popular character from Undertale. I suppose I understand that, whether I agree with it or not.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The codenames are still odd though because Brave is just straight-up DQ Hero getting translated while Jack isn't so straight-forward.
Well, to be fair, Piranha Plant's name in the files was "packun", which is just the Japanese name for Piranha Plants (Packun Flower). So not all codenames need to be cryptic. I dunno why Joker's is "Jack".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom