• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How people who don't care who the Square Rep is and have to witness "It's Erdrick! No it's not!" debates feel:

View attachment 208532
That's pretty much been me this entire time, since the only Square rep I really want is a Bravely Default rep (or Tifa, but that ain't happening).

Ironically, they only rose in likeliness after "Brave" was revealed, so it's been a weird experience for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, to be fair, Piranha Plant's name in the files was "packun", which is just the Japanese name for Piranha Plants (Packun Flower). So not all codenames need to be cryptic. I dunno why Joker's is "Jack".
It could be a direct reference to Joker in itself, via his role of Jack Of All Trades, a reference to Playing Cards, or just Jack Frost. Packun was the only one that was straightforward to begin with.

Brave is probably something like a reference to the character as well. Of course, we don't know for sure that Jack is Joker, as it's not literally possible to confirm, but it's a pretty safe guess at this point anyway.

Shroob

Sup?
It could be a direct reference to Joker in itself, via his role of Jack Of All Trades, a reference to Playing Cards, or just Jack Frost. Packun was the only one that was straightforward to begin with.

Brave is probably something like a reference to the character as well. Of course, we don't know for sure that Jack is Joker, as it's not literally possible to confirm, but it's a pretty safe guess at this point anyway.
Isn't the Mementos stage explicitly tied to Jack in the datamine?

If so, then there's not much else that could be the smoking gun than that.

D

Deleted member

not to sound like a **** but i would totally h*ld h*nds with y'all

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't the Mementos stage explicitly tied to Jack in the datamine?

If so, then there's not much else that could be the smoking gun than that.
I actually forgot about that. Yeah, that's our hard tie to it. Thanks for bringing it up.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I mentioned I was going to do this yesterday, so here it is...my latest roster! It's...pretty similar to my last one. I'll point out the specifics. I was going to use the actual image itself, but I had to screenshot it instead because it was being dumb.

View attachment 208469

Joker and Erdrick are effectively spoken for. I've already made my case for a Resident Evil character, and can link my post if absolutely needed. Jill is mostly my pick, but Leon Kennedy is a good alternative, or could work as an alt skin.

My previous roster had Heihachi rather than Lloyd Irving, as I felt at the time that Tekken would get a placement in the roster. However, after some consideration, I have decided that I would rather see Lloyd irving. It's both a pick that I would like to see, and one that I believe may very well be the case. Not only has Sakurai hinted that Lloyd was "the Tales pick", when discussing the Mii Fighter costume, but from what I'm most recently discovered...the Tales JRPG series is highly regarded in Japan, making it referred to as "the 3rd most prominent JRPG behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest". Tales of Symphonia, the title in which Lloyd Irving is the protagonist, according to sources connected to Wikipedia (Wikipedia itself is suspect, unless the content is sourced) is considered the title that started the true exposure for the Tales series to the West. It's also, according to other sources, the highest selling Tales game to date.

I'm not one to argue about sales. I am simply going to suggest that Lloyd is the most recognizable character from the franchise, even if Vesperia's Yuri Lowell is the most popular among the fans of the games (hopefully soon I'll learn why), I feel that Lloyd is a better pick. He's crossed over into numerous games before, and is an icon of the Tales series himself. Not to mention, I'm incredibly intrigued by a double sword wielder as opposed to another single sword user, but that's personal preference.

The last pick is a mixed bag for me. I personally have no idea what I would pick (and I am looking to be convinced as to who makes sense as this pick). Part of me wants to be sure of which character would get chosen, but at the same time I've always loved how I have been surprised by some reveals. It's incredibly hype inducing. There are few characters left that would 100% satisfy me. Clearly, Lloyd Irving and Jill Valentine would achieve that. However, I for one am also rather confident that western characters (as in, characters that were not created by the Japanese) will not be added, that we will not get two DLC characters from the same company (so no Sora, Monster Hunter, or Heihachi), and that all characters will serve to continue broadening not only "Everyone is here" but also the "biggest crossover in gaming history". This is something that characters from series already with playable representation will not do.

As I said before, I am unsure as to who or what will be the last DLC character (or the one that I simply can't predict). I may be restricting my criteria, but to me, this is what I see happening. These characters fit in with maintaining gaming companies that are Japanese in origin, expand the Smash universe, are bring in unique settings and play styles.

This roster would be effectively a 11/10 for me. Certainly, I will have wants to stem from post-DLC pains as I only foresee one Fighter Pass. But if this is truly what we end up getting...I would have a hard time asking for anything else. I already have been spoiled considering what we got. But what can I say? Smash has a tendency to push the envelope and cause us to want more!

Ratings? Suggestions? Comments? I'd love feedback.
The last character is Banjo or Steve.

Banjo would be a concession to core fans who might be alienated by Erdrick and other non-core picks, whereas Steve would be included due to Minecraft's mass popularity and iconic status.
Hopefully it's Banjo because I don't want to speedrun Minecraft

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk though, Quote+Curly as a Duck Hunt sort of deal where one is strapped to the other's back and you can switch the leader ala Ice Climbers' skins
Curly would work amazingly as an alternate costume or gender swap like Alph or Robin. The two are practically the same model of robots.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Banjo would be a concession to core fans who might be alienated by Erdrick and other non-core picks, whereas Steve would be included due to Minecraft's mass popularity and iconic status.
If it's Steve, you have to speedrun creative mode. Figure out a way how to.

Noipoi

Howdy!

For the sake of the Scott persona, it'll be Banjo.

I'll make sure of it.
banjogun.jpg

D

Deleted member

Better than 100%-ing DK 64 probably. I can "speedrun" any game no matter how slow I go. DK 64 Speedruns go for hours.

Shroob

Sup?
AHiT_Conductor.png

"Listen up yeeeeeeew gud fer nuthin' kiddos. Yer nuthin' but a buncha PECK-necks wastin' all yer time online debatin' nuthin' interestin'! Who the PECK cares who gets in as long as they're fun? Eh? Whaddya mean I sound familiar? I ain't understandin' what yer talkin' about, lads n' lasses! PECK off!"

D

Deleted member

Minecraft ALL ADVANCEMENTS

The World Record (of which there is one) is over 3 hours.

And I have to livestream it.
Nevermind you do have it worse than 100%-ing DK 64. **** you for one-uping my self-imposed torture.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
sans would be near impossinle to adapt in smash outside of like a boss fight

blah blah ridley i know but it took them five goddamn games to get him right
What do you mean
All you need to be a fighter is bones or a laser beam and he has both

Uh... Kirby and jigglypuff have bones

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A minecraft speedrun using glitches is only 2 minutes
A minecraft speedrun glitchless but with a set seed is about 7-10
And a minecraft speedrun glitchless with a random seed can very, but the best times are 20-30 minutes

Y'all make it sound complicated when it's really not.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
@Mr. Wario

Please keep the Wario Poll Alive through the night. I must retire to bed.

Also, I hereby motion to change the Fire Emblem series symbol to the actual Fire Emblem. And the Xenoblade Series Symbol to something that could represent all three titles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe he is not in, because I feel like Sakurai has ton of other picks he can choose from.
Of all the reasons to say it won't happen....
....this is by far the worst, Shiny.

Literally replace Erdrick with any of Ultimate's newcomers (Or even Smash 4's and some of Brawl's and Melee's) and the argument is just as valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom