• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let me just take this moment to tell everyone why Wario Land: Shake-It! is one of the best Wario, nay best Platformer, games ever made.

THIS GAME

Is gorgeous. If you've heard news about Cuphead then you probably know that every inch, every character, every background, every enemy, every item, every asset in the game was meticulously, completely hand drawn. Shake It! predated Cuphead by 10 years but did it's art in the exact same way. Every frame of animation in this game, and there are over 2,000 for Wario alone, was hand drawn.

Is a melodic masterpiece. Every single track in the game oozes this jazzy chill feeling that would go on to influence Nintendo's recent Mario titles like 3D World.

Solidified Good-Feel; the makers of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Yoshi's Crafted World as a powerhouse developer for Nintendo.

The bosses are extravagant, the combat is fun as it always has been, the characters are wonderful, and everything else is just amazing.

Not gonna lie, if it weren't for Tropical Freeze doing almost everything right that a platformer should do, Shake It! would probably be my favorite platformer. It's that ****ing good. It takes second place to Tropical Freeze... Only problem is the length of the game... It's rather short.

Wario World is the same way though and DAMN is it REAL ****ing good too.
I hope you casted your vote then. Shake it only had one vote.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had an Almond once, it told me: "Don't worry Celica, I'll crush those ********!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wario World is an amazing game that never gets talked about enough. It's like Nintendo's only beat'em up style game.

I thought people and critics hated Master of Disguise? I liked it as a kid, but traded it away for really silly reasons.
For some reason I thought it had more mixed reviews lol. Looks like someone voted for it on the poll though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Broadening the demographic and making it the biggest crossover in gaming history? We haven't gotten an Indie rep yet and indies are a big part of the Gaming scene in this day and age so it's time for the boy
View attachment 208505
That’s why I’m so mad Shovel Knight is an assist. He’s so perfect for Smash!

I guess Sans would be good, but it feels like Bowser being added as the first Mario Character

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
not gonna lie, if the DLC doesn't have a single Western pick, even if it's not B-K or Steve / a Creeper, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Erdrick and Joker seem interesting though so it's not that I'd hate the character choices (I'd just be "cool!" or "meh"), just disappointed because, even ignoring my B-K and Minecraft bias...the unofficial rule that we can't have a Western pick, even when Sakurai noted how B-K would seem like an obvious inclusion back in Melee, will continue to be treated as one of Sakurai's official rules as if he's prejudiced and thinks Western games shouldn't get any big representation (when it should be fairly-apparent that isn't the case if we look at what he said about B-K, the fact he put some Western stuff in the game already, a Western indie getting the role of being an Assist Trophy (so a more-major Western character could very well be playable at some point), and the fact that most gaming icons come from Japan anyway...but they're starting to run low on those...and it should be clear Sakurai isn't prejudiced against the West or something, he came over for E3 and he seems to love Minecraft based on what he's said about it).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I guess Sans would be good, but it feels like Bowser being added as the first Mario Character
Hey, you should be be glad that he even got in as an assist trophy. That's a feat in itself.

Imo, indie characters have little to no chance for Smash... They don't seem to be high priority enough, compared to other possible candidates

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight would've been cool but what other Indie Character is there?

Shovel Knight is disconfirmed, Shantae is a Spirit and Spirits probably won't be DLC (This season at least) so there's only an Undertale Rep left and I would like Sans the most for that role.

Indies are a big part of today's gaming so I think they deserve representation and Sans would be the best for that in my opinion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, you should be be glad that he even got in as an assist trophy. That's a feat in itself.

Imo, indie characters have little to no chance for Smash... They don't seem high priority enough, compared to other possible candidates
Whatever Ramen. Shovel Knight is my Waluigi.

I mean, he’s the only indie character to get an Amiibo! He’s collaborated with God of War and Battletoads! He’s earned his spot imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shovel Knight would've been cool but what other Indie Character is there?

Shovel Knight is disconfirmed, Shantae is a Spirit and Spirits probably won't be DLC (This season at least) so there's only an Undertale Rep left and I would like Sans the most for that role.

Indies are a big part of today's gaming so I think they deserve representation and Sans would be the best for that in my opinion.
Quote? Before Shovel Knight Cave Story was the famous indie darling.

But yeah, Sans is pretty much the only good choice left.

D

Deleted member

Heheh we're on page 4200 it's like 420 but ten times stronger

Quote would be cool as **** but we all know it should be Curly in our hearts

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tbf if there is an indie rep, it should 100% go to Steve over anyone else.
He's not quite an indie anymore, but yeah, he's the closest we're ever gonna get to one, imo
Whatever Ramen. Shovel Knight is my Waluigi.

I mean, he’s the only indie character to get an Amiibo! He’s collaborated with God of War and Battletoads! He’s earned his spot imo.
Hey, I didn't say you were wrong. Shovel Knight was one of my top picks before he got deconfirmed.

I'm just not sure if Nintendo and Sakurai feel the same way

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quote could work and would work if they ever got into Smash but I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai would pick them.

Undertale has been somewhat pushed by Nintendo as they gave both Undertale and Deltarune their own segments in Directs before and Undertale is one of the best sellers on the Switch which has been consistently up there since it got on the system, I think that's a good incentive for them choosing Sans/Some Undertale rep.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
i said night but damn if i still ain't going

does steve even count as an indie

mans owned by Microsoft now
I would say yes on the technicality that he did start off as an indie character, and Minecraft is technically an independent developed game since Microsoft didn't develop it.

On that note, I understand why you guys would say no.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

are butts called booty because booty is treasure and everyone wants booty?
there's like a whole*** discussion

nsfw obvs but it's not on directly posted on this site so i'm guessing it's ok love you mods

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He's not quite an indie anymore, but yeah, he's the closest we're ever gonna get to one, imo

Hey, I didn't say you were wrong. Shovel Knight was one of my top picks before he got deconfirmed.

I'm just not sure if Nintendo and Sakurai feel the same way
I feel he’s one of those characters, like Isaac, who Sakurai really loved and recognized the fan demand for, but couldn’t fit them in the main roster so he made them assists sense he doesn’t believe in at least selecting DLC characters ahead of time.

D

Deleted member

Watch the square representative be Crono.
That means I win.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Quote could work and would work if they ever got into Smash but I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai would pick them.

Undertale has been somewhat pushed by Nintendo as they gave both Undertale and Deltarune their own segments in Directs before and Undertale is one of the best sellers on the Switch which has been consistently up there since it got on the system, I think that's a good incentive for them choosing Sans/Some Undertale rep.
Honestly, while everyone else wants Sans... I kind of want Frisk.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In terms of shows missing from that tier list.

I’d give we bare bears s tier and code lyko a or s tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom