• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Me arriving to a topic I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

Hello everyone I am here.jpg

The last cartoon I watched was like Adventure Time and even then it wasn't to completion.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't mind partaking in adult pleasures myself, but it gets to the point where most people I'm close with wants to party all the time and that I'm not okay with...
No prob with that, but you said it better, if your acquitances just wanna party then is an issue as it causes money to bleed out lol + other stuff that can go pretty bad.
If you wanna go out with friends on Friday night so be it, but if they want to go out every friday night and other days just respectfully say no, if they are true bros they will understand.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright, Zackray, my boy, send that Olimar's ass back to the planet he came from.

D

Deleted member

Looks like I picked the perfect time to post this poll sense you’re online.
If you guys thought I couldn't shut up about ponies or squids, then you got no idea how much I could talk about Wario. I've dreamed up so many different ideas for the Wario series over the years.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No prob with that, but you said it better, if your acquitances just wanna party then is an issue as it causes money to bleed out lol + other stuff that can go pretty bad.
If you wanna go out with friends on Friday night so be it, but if they want to go out every friday night and other days just respectfully say no, if they are true bros they will understand.
Real bois understand "me" time.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mentioned I was going to do this yesterday, so here it is...my latest roster! It's...pretty similar to my last one. I'll point out the specifics. I was going to use the actual image itself, but I had to screenshot it instead because it was being dumb.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.07.23 PM.png

Joker and Erdrick are effectively spoken for. I've already made my case for a Resident Evil character, and can link my post if absolutely needed. Jill is mostly my pick, but Leon Kennedy is a good alternative, or could work as an alt skin.

My previous roster had Heihachi rather than Lloyd Irving, as I felt at the time that Tekken would get a placement in the roster. However, after some consideration, I have decided that I would rather see Lloyd irving. It's both a pick that I would like to see, and one that I believe may very well be the case. Not only has Sakurai hinted that Lloyd was "the Tales pick", when discussing the Mii Fighter costume, but from what I'm most recently discovered...the Tales JRPG series is highly regarded in Japan, making it referred to as "the 3rd most prominent JRPG behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest". Tales of Symphonia, the title in which Lloyd Irving is the protagonist, according to sources connected to Wikipedia (Wikipedia itself is suspect, unless the content is sourced) is considered the title that started the true exposure for the Tales series to the West. It's also, according to other sources, the highest selling Tales game to date.

I'm not one to argue about sales. I am simply going to suggest that Lloyd is the most recognizable character from the franchise, even if Vesperia's Yuri Lowell is the most popular among the fans of the games (hopefully soon I'll learn why), I feel that Lloyd is a better pick. He's crossed over into numerous games before, and is an icon of the Tales series himself. Not to mention, I'm incredibly intrigued by a double sword wielder as opposed to another single sword user, but that's personal preference.

The last pick is a mixed bag for me. I personally have no idea what I would pick (and I am looking to be convinced as to who makes sense as this pick). Part of me wants to be sure of which character would get chosen, but at the same time I've always loved how I have been surprised by some reveals. It's incredibly hype inducing. There are few characters left that would 100% satisfy me. Clearly, Lloyd Irving and Jill Valentine would achieve that. However, I for one am also rather confident that western characters (as in, characters that were not created by the Japanese) will not be added, that we will not get two DLC characters from the same company (so no Sora, Monster Hunter, or Heihachi), and that all characters will serve to continue broadening not only "Everyone is here" but also the "biggest crossover in gaming history". This is something that characters from series already with playable representation will not do.

As I said before, I am unsure as to who or what will be the last DLC character (or the one that I simply can't predict). I may be restricting my criteria, but to me, this is what I see happening. These characters fit in with maintaining gaming companies that are Japanese in origin, expand the Smash universe, are bring in unique settings and play styles.

This roster would be effectively a 11/10 for me. Certainly, I will have wants to stem from post-DLC pains as I only foresee one Fighter Pass. But if this is truly what we end up getting...I would have a hard time asking for anything else. I already have been spoiled considering what we got. But what can I say? Smash has a tendency to push the envelope and cause us to want more!

Ratings? Suggestions? Comments? I'd love feedback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, I really need to find a better job.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

*Wario Ware beating Land*

Guys, why.

Just...Why? I love Wario Ware, but...why???

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mentioned I was going to do this yesterday, so here it is...my latest roster! It's...pretty similar to my last one. I'll point out the specifics. I was going to use the actual image itself, but I had to screenshot it instead because it was being dumb.

View attachment 208469

Joker and Erdrick are effectively spoken for. I've already made my case for a Resident Evil character, and can link my post if absolutely needed. Jill is mostly my pick, but Leon Kennedy is a good alternative, or could work as an alt skin.

My previous roster had Heihachi rather than Lloyd Irving, as I felt at the time that Tekken would get a placement in the roster. However, after some consideration, I have decided that I would rather see Lloyd irving. It's both a pick that I would like to see, and one that I believe may very well be the case. Not only has Sakurai hinted that Lloyd was "the Tales pick", when discussing the Mii Fighter costume, but from what I'm most recently discovered...the Tales JRPG series is highly regarded in Japan, making it referred to as "the 3rd most prominent JRPG behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest". Tales of Symphonia, the title in which Lloyd Irving is the protagonist, according to sources connected to Wikipedia (Wikipedia itself is suspect, unless the content is sourced) is considered the title that started the true exposure for the Tales series to the West. It's also, according to other sources, the highest selling Tales game to date.

I'm not one to argue about. I am simply going to suggest that Lloyd is the most recognizable character from the franchise, even if Vesperia's Yuri Lowell is the most popular among the fans of the games (hopefully soon I'll learn why), I feel that Lloyd is a better pick. He's crossed over into numerous games before, and is an icon of the Tales series himself. Not to mention, I'm incredibly intrigued by a double sword wielder as opposed to another single sword user, but that's personal preference.

The last pick is a mixed bag for me. I personally have no idea what I would pick (and I am looking to be convinced as to who makes sense as this pick). Part of me wants to be sure of which character would get chosen, but at the same time I've always loved how I have been surprised by some reveals. It's incredibly hype inducing. There are few characters left that would 100% satisfy me. Clearly, Lloyd Irving and Jill Valentine would achieve that. However, I for one am also rather confident that western characters (as in, characters that were not created by the Japanese) will not be added, that we will not get two DLC characters from the same company (so no Sora, Monster Hunter, or Heihachi), and that all characters will serve to continue broadening not only "Everyone is here" but also the "biggest crossover in gaming history". This is something that characters from series already with playable representation will not do.

As I said before, I am unsure as to who or what will be the last DLC character (or the one that I simply can't predict). I may be restricting my criteria, but to me, this is what I see happening. These characters fit in with maintaining gaming companies that are Japanese in origin, expand the Smash universe, are bring in unique settings and play styles.

This roster would be effectively a 11/10 for me. Certainly, I will have wants to stem from post-DLC pains as I only foresee one Fighter Pass. But if this is truly what we end up getting...I would have a hard time asking for anything else. I already have been spoiled considering what we got. But what can I say? Smash has a tendency to push the envelope and cause us to want more!

If Erdrick, Jill and Lloyd are 3 of the 4 remaining characters that would be hype. If we get Erdrick and Jill i’ll Scream so loud from excitement that you’d be able to hear me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What Mario game won earlier, BTW? Wasn't here for that.
Mario Odyssey won.

So did Tropical Freeze.

View attachment 208469

I'm not one to argue about. I am simply going to suggest that Lloyd is the most recognizable character from the franchise, even if Vesperia's Yuri Lowell is the most popular among the fans of the games (hopefully soon I'll learn why), I feel that Lloyd is a better pick. He's crossed over into numerous games before, and is an icon of the Tales series himself. Not to mention, I'm incredibly intrigued by a double sword wielder as opposed to another single sword user, but that's personal preference.

I actually like Jill. And I agree that Lloyd is the most viable new Bamco rep.

I’m still hoping for Banjo and Crash. Maybe in the future.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
selfish. takes a gallon of water to make one almond.
For real though. I found out about that a few weeks ago and have been avoiding almonds completely.

Almonds are tasty as hell, but it's a worthy sacrifice IMO.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@CallMeKnux

Okay. Added World and MoD. Anyone who already voted will have to vote again. Sorry!
https://linkto.run/p/BP4GDHNG
Let me just take this moment to tell everyone why Wario Land: Shake-It! is one of the best Wario, nay best Platformer, games ever made.

THIS GAME

Is gorgeous. If you've heard news about Cuphead then you probably know that every inch, every character, every background, every enemy, every item, every asset in the game was meticulously, completely hand drawn. Shake It! predated Cuphead by 10 years but did it's art in the exact same way. Every frame of animation in this game, and there are over 2,000 for Wario alone, was hand drawn.

Is a melodic masterpiece. Every single track in the game oozes this jazzy chill feeling that would go on to influence Nintendo's recent Mario titles like 3D World.

Solidified Good-Feel; the makers of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Yoshi's Crafted World as a powerhouse developer for Nintendo.

The bosses are extravagant, the combat is fun as it always has been, the characters are wonderful, and everything else is just amazing.

Not gonna lie, if it weren't for Tropical Freeze doing almost everything right that a platformer should do, Shake It! would probably be my favorite platformer. It's that ****ing good. It takes second place to Tropical Freeze... Only problem is the length of the game... It's rather short.

Wario World is the same way though and DAMN is it REAL ****ing good too.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 208469

I'm not one to argue about sales. I am simply going to suggest that Lloyd is the most recognizable character from the franchise, even if Vesperia's Yuri Lowell is the most popular among the fans of the games (hopefully soon I'll learn why), I feel that Lloyd is a better pick. He's crossed over into numerous games before, and is an icon of the Tales series himself. Not to mention, I'm incredibly intrigued by a double sword wielder as opposed to another single sword user, but that's personal preference.

Broadening the demographic and making it the biggest crossover in gaming history? We haven't gotten an Indie rep yet and indies are a big part of the Gaming scene in this day and age so it's time for the boy
Sans dancing.gif

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, so, I decided I'd go for a much more accurate and clear list:

my-image(4).png

How's that, for ya?

EDIT: KND ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE UNDER NEUTRAL DAMN IT

Fixed.

Last edited:
Status