• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You're both rebel neutral, imo

Not sure, tbh
I knew I needed to put you somewhere, and I thought social neutral fit you best.
I guess I was wrong... Sorry about that:mybodyisreggie:
Hmmm, after some thinking over it, what make you say that? Just curious.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing about Suspension of Disbelief is that it has levels to it.

The baseline level of a series like Resident Evil is that you have to accept that Zombies are possible, but that doesn't mean the story is inherently "silly". Later entries can introduce things that can cross the line set by the earlier entries.

Basically, you are saying that after Code Veronica, the series Jumped the Shark, because it started introducing elements that crossed the line.
I mean that's true.

I call it bursting the bubble in a way. When you establish a story or franchise in it's first installment. You are setting it's rules and tone.

Each further sequel or chapter sort of takes the story and twists and turns and eventually and inevitabile the rules burst open or the bubble that was contained in the first one just breaks.

To use a famous horror example. Let's look at Halloween before you know last year when Jamie Lee, John Carpenter and what not came back and corrected it.

It was a fairly simple premise. A man breaks out of his imprisonment on Halloween night. He is meant to represent all the evils lurking in the dark of night and just in general, but in turn is simply a man.

Each subsequent sequel with Michael strayed further from that. He became something that no longer represented the threat in the first one until there was a point in the series where he was literally a curse riddled man who could not control himself and could not die until he carried out what the curse wanted him to do.

That's basically what Resident Evil did with it's core themes. It took them so far that they don't even resemble what was originally there anymore.

I just need a Halloween 2018 type project for example to come back and course correct for me what made Resident Evil so great in the first place.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What the [DATA EXPUNGED] is this Rebel alignment [DATA EXPUNGED]

It's Chaotic in Dungeons and Dragons

It's Chaotic on TV Tropes

Where in the [DATA EXPUNGED] is any of this [DATA EXPUNGED] coming from

It's like rubbing the hair on my head the wrong way [DATA EXPUNGED] I feel like I need to comb something out with my fingers

KMDP

Smash Legend

It's like rubbing the hair on my head the wrong way [DATA EXPUNGED] I feel like I need to comb something out with my fingers
The chart Smashing Ramen showed is a 5x5 grid.

Lawful and Chaotic are part of it, but on the extreme edges.

Lawful - Social - Neutral - Rebel - Chaotic
Good - Moral - Neutral - Impure - Evil

I have no idea where it comes from, possibly a D&D homebrew.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not sure, tbh
I knew I needed to put you somewhere, and I thought social neutral fit you best.
I guess I was wrong... Sorry about that:mybodyisreggie:
I think "social neutral" kind of fits his Yoshiposting habits. It seems kind of cute and likable until he inevitably posts something a little more questionable.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

It's a 5x5 version of the original DnD alignments, that seems to have been thought up, solely to make more room:

Lawful, Social, Neutral, Rebel, Chaotic
Good, Moral, Neutral, Impure, Evil
Hmmm, after some thinking over it, what make you say that? Just curious.
Eh... not sure... I just thought it fit you
Hey, good idea.

I demand to know why I am a ‘rebel neutral’!!1!
That's it! You're now rebel impure!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's a 5x5 version of the original DnD alignments, that seems to have been thought up, solely to make more room:

If you don't know much about me, then feel free to say, I won't bite. :bowsette:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You know he wasn't talking about Minecraft Steve, right?

Hmm, I do agree here and there, though, while they didn't choose the best way to go about it with say, Wesker, Umbrella intention were always to create the perfect BOW via either the T-Virus, the G-Virus and the like. Mr.X & Nemesis notably were colossal human that looked more or less human while still being able to think and make decision like one, which make them truly scary opponent for our heroes to deal with (Well, more so Nemesis that Mr.X in the original, in the remake tho, yeah, he is going to give it to ya). So, with that logic in mind, I can see what they were going for with Wesker at first, Wesker being able to get the benefit of powerful BOW without, you know, changing into a horrible monster in the process, and keeping his mind and intelligence intact could have work to make the scariest opponent our heroes could have face (because as we know, human can become the greatest monsters of all at time). Instead tho, we got Agent Wesker doing Matrix-****, which while entertaining (to me atleast), isn't that scary in the slightest, and the cheesy comic-book one-liner he has in RE5 doesn't help either (even if I love them due to D.C. Douglas delivery, and RE5 in general is a game that I take less a horror game and more a really fun action shooter when you play with it someone, so, again, agree with you it's not scary, but I still found value in it).

That all being said, I just hope they don't throw Wesker out of the window in the remake continuity and try instead to make him fit with more realistic tone of it, cause man, I love the big *******, and I be a bit sad if he was just out of the picture for good. :/
I totally knew that

D

Deleted member

My cat is laying on me.

Yes, he gets front row seats to watch me make Yoshi consume the world.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Well that explains it.

On the other hand my brain is looking at this like

Adrian Monk, Straightlace, Normal, Criminal, Clinically Insane
Saint, Decent Person, Bystander, *beep*hole, Dastardly Whiplash

And just going "oh gosh let's just use a slider at this point"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wonder where I would be.
Neutral Moral
we're giving out alignments?

now i'm curious
Oh, I see you didn't see my original post that started the whole thing
Alrighty losers, I wanted to do this for a while now, and I spent way longer on it than I should've, so y'all better enjoy it

Here is the Ultimate Social alignment chart
View attachment 208043
Shoutout to @faygoshill for being a big help with this, as it was much tougher than I thought it was gonna be. Thanks a bunch
Hehe.... you're on it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah heck, I may as well ask.

Where do you guys think I would stand on the morality chart? I'm thinking social moral but maybe I'm giving myself too much credit.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well that explains it.

On the other hand my brain is looking at this like

Adrian Monk, Straightlace, Normal, Criminal, Clinically Insane
Saint, Decent Person, Bystander, *beep*hole, Dastardly Whiplash

And just going "oh gosh let's just use a slider at this point"
D&D Alignment should be based on a Cubic Grid of Morality.

In this TED Talk I will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom