• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay so first off, I probably wouldn't call it absolutely terrible, since there are still a few things I like about it. It's just that for me, the issues outweigh those, and coming at the game as someone who is only familiar with EO, it just doesn't hold up to the actual EO games.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of proper character building/progression. In EO, while each character has a defined class, you're still given a lot of freedom as to how exactly you want to build a character within the definitions of that class. There's a lot of scope for experimentation with different character builds and class combinations, in a way that a lot of other RPG series don't even come close to.

It's one of my absolute favourite things about the series, so I didn't care for PQ dropping that in favour of very static characters with nothing particularly unique about any of them, and all the spells can be learned by almost anyone so there's no reason to experiment with different party setups.

The game also has basically no character balancing. A lot of characters become pretty much unusable after a certain point because they aren't able to keep up with TP costs and stuff.

It also kinda feels like they didn't know what they wanted the game to be? There's a lot of mechanics they take from Persona that don't really work in the EO-like setting, like having to step on every single tile on a floor in order to unlock the bonus chest. Even in actual EO games you don't have to cover literally every tile to map out a floor.

I did like the dungeon aesthetics and soundtrack, though (even if the soundtrack doesn't live up to the actual EO soundtracks, but it's kinda hard to beat Yuzo Koshiro). Didn't care for the story or characters (possibly due to being unfamiliar with Persona, since it's all just fanservice).

I still think if someone enjoyed PQ, it's worth at least trying out an actual EO game. They are fundamentally the same game (PQ literally uses the EO engine, after all), but at least for me EO just brings the whole experience together much better than PQ does. It is the original while PQ is just the imitator, after all. :p
well Id mostly say that simply they made the game to be more like persona and less like EO. Most of what they took is the map stuff and I personaly didnt like that mechanic much is at all. its EO But Persona which is mostly the point of Person Q. Tho i dont think Id play the orginial games. Persona is what pulled me in and thus are the only versions of EO i have intrest in playing

TLDR: Persona Q and Q2 are simply put EO but Personaized and it did its job pretty perfect if you ask me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.
Reading this post after steaming off, I have two alternate scenarios from this.

1. Persona 5 S is just a spinoff game
  2. Persona 5 is the Switch port and Jason was just saying he's heard nothing about it.

Let's examine Point Number 2 because Jason has not confirmed what console P5S is for or what genre it even is beyond "I've heard it's another genre but am not 100% sure." He seems uncertain. I'd chalk this up to him not knowing what exactly Persona 5 S is, so therefore he's being skeptical of Persona 5 S being the Switch port until he hear's something decisive. I would say Jason's claim is a reality check over what we don't know, but nothing disconfirming. I'd wait and see over the subject, but my certainty is now downgraded to unsure.

Even if it's not announced this month, it can still be announced later. PolarPanda came out and said four Persona 5 "projects" are being worked on as we speak. So far we know Persona 5 R and S. It's safe to assume one of those is an Arena game. I'd say anything is possible if we got Final Fantasy 7 on Switch.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So the dream is not dead until a long while from now. Though, even if it doesn't happen, I wont lose sleep because my backlog of games is massive and I'm currently slogging through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ok ok ok i'm gonna do it

what do I even say???
You say "hi". Don't overthink it.

Think of her like a guy from your school and don't fret. Just make conversation. Come in with a reason for saying hey so you have a natural path for the conversation.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's nothing shocking when you think about how ATLUS milked Persona 4. What did we get? Persona 4 Arena, Q, Golden, Arena Ultimax, and Dancing All Night.
What can you even do at that point? (Besides the probable Persona 5 Arena/Ultimax)

****ing Persona 5 Cooking Mama? Persona 5 Kart? Goddamn Persona 5 Pinball?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

2. Persona 5 is the Switch port and Jason was just saying he's heard nothing about it.
Point Number 1 has already been discussed to death. Joker in Smash + Best Buy leads us to believe in Switch port for Persona 5, vanilla or otherwise.

Let's examine Point Number 2 because Jason has not confirmed what console P5S is for or what genre it even is beyond "I've heard it's another genre but am not 100% sure." He seems uncertain. I'd chalk this up to him not knowing what exactly Persona 5 S is, so therefore he's being skeptical of Persona 5 S being the Switch port until he hear's something decisive. I would say Jason's claim is a reality check over what we don't know, but nothing disconfirming. I'd wait and see over the subject, but my certainty is now downgraded to unsure.

Even if it's not announced this month, it can still be announced later. PolarPanda came out and said four Persona 5 "projects" are being worked on as we speak. So far we know Persona 5 R and S. It's safe to assume one of those is an Arena game. I'd say anything is possible if we got Final Fantasy 7 on Switch.

So the dream is not dead until a long while from now. Though, even if it doesn't happen, I wont lose sleep because my backlog of games is massive and I'm currently slogging through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as we speak.
I'm not getting my hopes up again, but let's see what happens.

D

Deleted member

What can you even do at that point?

We still don't have Arena, we assume Royal is the remake, we already have Q2, and god knows what the Hell Persona 5 S is. I assume we'll have a good idea where we'll be heading after Persona 5 S is revealed.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Point Number 1 has already been discussed to death. Joker in Smash + Best Buy leads us to believe in Switch port for Persona 5, vanilla or otherwise.

Even if it's not announced this month, it can still be announced later. PolarPanda came out and said four Persona 5 games are being worked on as we speak. So far we know Persona 5 R and S. It's safe to assume one of those is an Arena game. I'd say anything is possible if we got Final Fantasy 7 on Switch.

don't forget that while he's uncertain on the details of S, he is "very confident [...] that P5S is something else entirely". when schreier is typically 'very confident' in something, that means he's as close to certain as can be without outright risking his reputation for the 0.01% chance he's mistaken.

he's careful not to eliminate the possibility of a port in the future, but with this and S 'introducing new phantom thieves that will change cognitions', i think it's a safe assumption that neither Royal nor S are switch-related.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Listen, Idon. Imma be real with you.

SMTV is never coming out. This is the era of Persona 5.

In all seriousness, though, I'm not surprised. We know about P5R and P5S (even if we don't know exactly what they are), and then we had those domains registered for P5M and P5B. We've got a lot more P5 projects to hear about.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's nothing shocking when you think about how ATLUS milked Persona 4. What did we get? Persona 4 Arena, Q, Golden, Arena Ultimax, and Dancing All Night.
Don't forget the two anime series.
What can you even do at that point? (Besides the probable Persona 5 Arena/Ultimax)

Persona 5 BATTLE ROYALE

If we can get Jojo's Bizarre Battle Royale we can get anything Battle Royale

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So i've been translating some pages of the Wario Land manga as part of the rebooted Syrup thread and there's this one part of the plot where she believes Mario has her magic lamp so she mistakes something else in his overalls for it and starts rubbing it to get the genie out
i wonder why there was never a western release
This is both the best and worst thing I've seen in this thread.

Hey guys remember SMT V?
Me neither.

osby

Smash Obsessed

*four more Persona games*

So we're entering that era where fans complain about games they won't buy again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Little do we all know Sakurai is playing the long con with us and the square rep is actually Geno and the last reveal.

Imagine if last direct:

*about to end then Sakurai says:

“Even if there is a small chance, I owe it to everyone not in this room right now to try.

Whatever it takes”

*cue Geno trailer.
Yfw?

:p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So i've been translating some pages of the Wario Land manga as part of the rebooted Syrup thread and there's this one part of the plot where she believes Mario has her magic lamp so she mistakes something else in his overalls for it and starts rubbing it to get the genie out

"Well, the genie came out, but it looks like it melted"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey Noipoi Noipoi I found some literature you could take some pointers from, if you need it.

D

Deleted member

don't forget that while he's uncertain on the details of S, he is "very confident [...] that P5S is something else entirely". when schreier is typically 'very confident' in something, that means he's as close to certain as can be without outright risking his reputation for the 0.01% chance he's mistaken.

he's careful not to eliminate the possibility of a port in the future, but with this and S 'introducing new phantom thieves that will change cognitions', i think it's a safe assumption that neither Royal nor S are switch-related.
I'd say if he's having to be cautious about it, then that means he's not 100%. If it's not 100%, it can be whatever.

A lot of my speculation is coming from the fact that I know next to nothing about Jason, but I can't say I'm completely convinced P5 Switch isn't happening yet. A lot of things have happened or are happening this month related to Joker and Persona 5 like Best Buy and Joker being released soon. I can't say this guy's word means much until I have someone about as reliable backing him. It's why I always group Tansut and Vergeben together when talking about Erdrick instead of just saying Tansut. It's better to hear that this isn't something only he's saying.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
When she gets ya your **** will be spillin' syru- ok I'll stop

Roberk

Smash Champion
1555183522498.png

Everyone, give Noipoi Noipoi our energy so that he can muster up the courage to go talk to that girl!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't forget the two anime series.

Persona 5 BATTLE ROYALE

If we can get Jojo's Bizarre Battle Royale we can get anything Battle Royale
What the **** there's a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Battle royale game?

What the ****

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yes, i am stalling.
If you keep procrastinating like this with every single life situation, you really won't go anywhere.

I think's time to show your courage, and finally get this load off your chest.

You got this
IT OK.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom