• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Football=Soccer?
No, American football.

Portland has a professional soccer team that they love. But none of my friends watch football with me. It used to be bonding time with my friends back home, and I miss that.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Which makes sense, because that game is played with feet and a ball, but we Americans are stupid.
Noipoi I'm being honest here when I say you're the first self-deprecating American I met online who agrees that the name is stupid.

I still say that in America we should call soccer football and rename football soccer. I feel like the swapped around names fit better.
Don't worry, most of the world does that. Us Americans are stupid and named a sport that has little to do with feet football.
TWO MORE?!
Hot damn it feels like I hit the lottery or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
real talk, modnation racers was sony's best answer to mario kart yet and i'm still mad unitedfrontgames got shut down
Let’s hope CTR does well.

I just want to see my favorite gaming characters get together and fight. I know it would be a licensing nightmare because Sony doesn’t own many of the games highly associated with their brand but come on! Fork out the cash and celebrate your history.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let’s hope CTR does well.

I just want to see my favorite gaming characters get together and fight. I know it would be a licensing nightmare because Sony doesn’t own many of the games highly associated with their brand but come on! Fork out the cash and celebrate your history.
I even have a roster picked out that gets up to 100 characters. With over half of them coming from Sony proper. It could easily be scaled back if need be. Just do it!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does kind of suck Persona 5 might not be coming to the Switch. The only caveat is it means Joker was chosen for things besides promotion(and promotion may never have been related to it), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Also, I love milk. Mmm~

On another note, those tier list makers are cool... though I wish it was easier to make your own. I can't even delete an image I add to the upload files. That's rather poor design and means it's easy to screw up. -_-

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I can be self-deprecating because I thrive off of it. Then again my lived experiences make it also more or less a coping mechanism I suppose. But it’s not like i’m depressed about any of the stuff I make fun of myself for, it’s just kinda “dealing with the cards i’m dealt”.

Like, i’m missing a kidney, have a crooked spine, my arms are relatively skinny for my age. I’m like a stick person almost. But I take a lot of that in stride...I mean, that’s where my name on here and gaming comes from.

It became part of my identity. I think sometimes we just have to reflect, take a deep breath, and then accept ourselves to not be perfect, but be fine with not being perfect.

If you focus on being perfect, you’ll be miserable the rest of your life because it simply isn’t possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interrupting the thread since I discovered there's an official collaboration between Gundam and Hello Kitty.

I repeat, there's a ****ing collaboration between Gundam and Hello Kitty.

D

Deleted member

I played with our new kittens for a little while. They're freakin' adorable.

...I'm feeling just a little better now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well If yall can take Constructive Criticism, feel free to read. If Not, juat ignore me(which probably will happen)

The Aura in this thread is always so dark 90% of the time. Most posts are venting, complaining, self deprecating and it makes this place feel pretty.....heavy. This is supposed to be a good and happy place but its bogged down with sad and depressing post and yall are prob wondering why yall are never happy. Thats why, really
I mean, to be fair venting is healthy.

The ultimate form of an angry teacher
View attachment 207837
World of Light DLC looking nice

BZocky

Smash Ace
So i've been translating some pages of the Wario Land manga as part of the rebooted Syrup thread and there's this one part of the plot where she believes Mario has her magic lamp so she mistakes something else in his overalls for it and starts rubbing it to get the genie out
i wonder why there was never a western release

D

Deleted member

HAD SOME LUNCH AND NOW I'M LOSING MY NERVE
Come on Noipoi we believe in you! Just be yourself and I'm sure you can do it!

You're a cool person on the boards so I'm sure you can do it, you shouldn't lose your nerve now! You can do it Noipoi!

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
lets have a civil conversation about this. Why donyou find it terrible. Persona Q is actually pretty fun
Okay so first off, I probably wouldn't call it absolutely terrible, since there are still a few things I like about it. It's just that for me, the issues outweigh those, and coming at the game as someone who is only familiar with EO, it just doesn't hold up to the actual EO games.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of proper character building/progression. In EO, while each character has a defined class, you're still given a lot of freedom as to how exactly you want to build a character within the definitions of that class. There's a lot of scope for experimentation with different character builds and class combinations, in a way that a lot of other RPG series don't even come close to.

It's one of my absolute favourite things about the series, so I didn't care for PQ dropping that in favour of very static characters with nothing particularly unique about any of them, and all the spells can be learned by almost anyone so there's no reason to experiment with different party setups.

The game also has basically no character balancing. A lot of characters become pretty much unusable after a certain point because they aren't able to keep up with TP costs and stuff.

It also kinda feels like they didn't know what they wanted the game to be? There's a lot of mechanics they take from Persona that don't really work in the EO-like setting, like having to step on every single tile on a floor in order to unlock the bonus chest. Even in actual EO games you don't have to cover literally every tile to map out a floor.

I did like the dungeon aesthetics and soundtrack, though (even if the soundtrack doesn't live up to the actual EO soundtracks, but it's kinda hard to beat Yuzo Koshiro). Didn't care for the story or characters (possibly due to being unfamiliar with Persona, since it's all just fanservice).

I still think if someone enjoyed PQ, it's worth at least trying out an actual EO game. They are fundamentally the same game (PQ literally uses the EO engine, after all), but at least for me EO just brings the whole experience together much better than PQ does. It is the original while PQ is just the imitator, after all. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So i've been translating some pages of the Wario Land manga as part of the rebooted Syrup thread and there's this one part of the plot where she believes Mario has her magic lamp so she mistakes something else in his overalls for it and starts rubbing it to get the genie out
i wonder why there was never a western release
tumblr_pcwz5dH9361s8nccpo1_500.gif

I damand you delete this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom