• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Eh, Persona 5 was hardly that bad in terms of censored material.

I’m not the biggest fan of Kotaku, mainly because they can be...extremely biased in their work, and some of their reviews are doodoo. But to each their own. Schrier has his connections, but we’ll have to wait and see.

These FFA’s are great. That one on Lumiose? Good god.
P5 came out in America back in 2017, though.
Sony's gotten a lot more strict with their censorship policies since then to the point where it's actively affected the development of several games.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm having the time of my life right now, I've been hunting for different electronic pieces for over an hour and I have yet to find a single one. And before anyone tells me to order them online, I need them today.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It's honestly kind of liberating to see this entire thread as cynical and bitter as I usually am.
Now you all know how I ****ing feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yep, it's back to plan B.

Buy a used PS3, and sell it back once i'm done.
Probably your best bet.

Hope it works out for ya. Really sorry this month's been going the way it has for you. I hope things gets better for you, Noi. I'll keep you in my prayers.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
The thing is, I'd argue Joker has MORE OF A RIGHT (as much as I hate using that term) to be in Smash than Cloud did, because Joker is in a game on a Nintendo console where he's the main character. Cloud however, wasn't at the time of his reveal.
Now he is, of course, but back during the Sm4sh days he wasn't.
People are going to completely ignore this fact though.
Thing with Cloud is, he is well freaking Cloud. Sakurai even said that there always was demand for a Final Fantasy rep for Smash Bros and he had the option to go for Cecil, Bartz or Terra Branford, but because Cloud is the fanfav, he obviously chose him because well thats the guy that would bring the hype.

Joker before his reveal was deemed way more impossible then Cloud, and even though there is something up with the Persona 5 director saying Sakurai approached them if he could include Joker, I doubt that Sakurai lied about the fact that Nintendo made the list of the DLC characters, where Sakurai had to choose 5 characters from.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Probably your best bet.

Hope it works out for ya. Really sorry this month's been going the way it has for you. I hope things gets better for you, Noi. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Pokemon news should start picking up next month. That's something to look forward too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's honestly kind of liberating to see this entire thread as cynical and bitter as I usually am.
No, I still don't know how you feel because I don't get off from people feeling miserable just because I'm upset.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So what is Persona Q2. Or Q1 for that matter. Aren't they both 3DS games?

I could go for a new 3DS game for my train rides to work.

D

Deleted member

Not bitter at all. A bit bummed, but I'll get over it.

Also, helpful tip: Taking joy in other people's sadness isn't the most flattering character trait.

Persona 5 is something so hilarious to me that people are this upset about it seemingly not being on the Switch because most people I've seen who enjoy Persona 5 will gladly admit the writing is pretty bad
I liked P5's writing more than 4's, TBH.

I care more about the actual gameplay than story in anything I play, though, which is why I unironically support TMS getting ported to Switch.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If Persona 5 S is a Platinum game that'll just make it even more tragic when it flops due to not being Persona 5 Switch.

D

Deleted member

> be me
> head off to work
> my local store's electronic section is playing the Joker reveal

Y'all Persona fans are gonna be on ****ing sight if I find one thing I don't like if I play it, I swear on Jah and @faygoshill
swearing on me gives the exact opposite effect of swearing on something

D

Deleted member

Nah, if DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and @Bolderousness are dead set on deleting themselves for Erdrick, I gotta do the same on my own end for Banjo & Kazooie.
I got two insiders and 20 years of requests to fall back on, I need this to happen.
You're going all in on this? Then I will too because I love Banjo. If Banjo and Erdrick are not in this season, I'll delete my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
P5 came out in America back in 2017, though.
Sony's gotten a lot more strict with their censorship policies since then to the point where it's actively affected the development of several games.
...have you played Persona 5?

In terms of “sexual content”, there’s basically nothing to censor.

Unless, you want to censor a girl wearing a bikini. There’s really nothing else from my memory.

I think the pessimism is overblown, and I can’t imagine an enjoyable existence when people are this pessimistic. Enjoy something once in awhile.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not like Persona is anywhere close to something like Senran Kagura lmfao.

What is this fearmongering over censorship?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's a sign their shilling hasn't been good enough
Also @Shishœ your shilling sucks too
Nah I just never paid attention.

But that sounds like a more fun discussion than listening to Simple Plan in a dark room over a port of a PS3 game not happening.

D

Deleted member

why does the black panther ost slap so hard
That's a sign their shilling hasn't been good enough
Also @Shishœ your shilling sucks too
they should probably take lessons from someone who's an actual shill

drink faygo you ****nuts or you'll never see your families again

D

Deleted member

Okay, so how good is Xenoblade 2?

Target's putting it on sale for $20 tomorrow and I'm slightly tempted.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Persona 5 S is a Platinum game that'll just make it even more tragic when it flops due to not being Persona 5 Switch.
because as we all know, embittered switch users have a lot of sway over playstation sales

if you're going to be irrationally pessimistic about everything, at least pick a ****ing argument and stick to it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember playing the demo for what I think was EO IV on the 3DS. Some weird deer thing killed me immediately and I decided it wasn't for me lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay, so how good is Xenoblade 2?

Target's putting it on sale for $20 tomorrow and I'm slightly tempted.
I say it's pretty good, but you will have to get use to the anime trope and the rough beginning to really like it, otherwise, I say it's worth it, but you do you.

D

Deleted member

Wait so is this Kotaku guy reliable? Worried we might be jumping the gun on this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nah I just never paid attention.

But that sounds like a more fun discussion than listening to Simple Plan in a dark room over a port of a PS3 game not happening.
Anyway to be serious it's a first person dungeon crawler and you draw a map of the dungeon you're in which has multiple floors.
You mark walls, floors, doors, FOE patterns:foe!:, chests, shortcuts, puzzles etc.
You have a party of 5 where formation matters, people with guns and bows go in the back row for example.

PQ is a decent starting point to figure out if you like the genre but the biggest criticism is the characterisations. It relies on you knowing the cast of P3 and P4 but they really bastardise their portrayals down to a single trait which really does the characters a disservice.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
...have you played Persona 5?

In terms of “sexual content”, there’s basically nothing to censor.

Unless, you want to censor a girl wearing a bikini. There’s really nothing else from my memory.

I think the pessimism is overblown, and I can’t imagine an enjoyable existence when people are this pessimistic. Enjoy something once in awhile.
Jones you seem to forget who controls this thread.

Z7HeRxU.png

No Fun Allowed.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Even if P5S isn't P5 Switch I wouldn't count out a Switch port just yet.

Let's see how things play out until E3.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can get not liking something or being disappointed. But some folks seem to hate literally everything that ever happens ever.

If you don’t look for the positives in things, then things will continue to be negative all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom