• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, apparently there's some controversy going on in the Smash Community about whether or not Ultimate sucks. Where do y'all stand on the situation?
This is because of Omni's video right?
Ultimate has flaws but it is still overall a great game. It and Melee are definitely the contenders for the best Smash game.

D

Deleted member

Wait, is Persona 5 Switch actually officially disconfirmed?
I'd say so, yeah.

TBH the Royal and P5S was kind of a "now or never" situation with P5 to me. I do not think P5 is leaving PlayStation if neither of those games get a Switch port.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
schreier's credibility is well-documented to the point that he's built his entire career on game development exposes, usually for troubled games like mass effect andromeda or anthem

to my knowledge, he's gotten far, far more things right than wrong, like microsoft buying obsidian an entire month before it happened and f:76 not being a single-player game at all
He's called "Press Sneak ****" for a reason lol

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well I saw his reddit post and honestly it comes over to me that he believes P5R is exclusive(which is fair game), while he just gave his personal opinion on what P5S is and that we should hype responsibly, but he didn't right out deconfirmed a Persona 5 port

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._persona_5_coming_to_switch_but_will/eks7rps/
him being "very confident" on neither R nor S coming to switch is basically schreier-talk for "i'm 99% sure this is how it is"

it's true that he doesn't close the door on P5 switch happening entirely, but if he hasn't heard about it then nintendo is keeping it very close to their chest

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So basically, P5S is doomed.
It really doesn't matter what kind of game it is or how good it is, the fact that it isn't a Persona 5 Switch port is going to kill it for basically everyone.
And since only about 10% of the population actually knows Persona Q2 exists, everyone will believe Joker has never been in a Nintendo game before Smash, and thus should not be in Smash.
April 2019 is shaping up to be probably one of the worst months in Smash history.
Once again, I ask you people: What is there to be optimistic about?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno man

I should probably chill about video games or whatever

but this was not a good time for this news
sometimes when you're going through hard **** the tiniest things hurt waaaay more than they should

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Everytime with that map:

Me: with 3 seconds of input lag (which was weird because that’s only happened once so far)

MOM NO PLEASE WHHHHHY

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Remember the good old time where we didn't have leaks and rumors to mess with our expectations?

D2S0pwBWkAA9Dsk.jpg

Yeah, me neither.

D

Deleted member

We real sad hours huh?
Yeah, I trust Schreier enough to think Persona 5 Switch has been yeeted out of this realm.
Shame, but what can you really do? Besides get drunk off your mind.

D

Deleted member

Persona Q2 is the only persona game that will leave PS. Mainline Persona is forever Sony
Nah, future ones will come. They're not gonna poll people asking if they would like to see future Persona projects on Switch and then never consider it, especially with the Switch slowly becoming the dominant console in Japan, where they're always going to cater towards first.

With how game development works, P5R and S were most likely too far along in development to start considering Switch, or Atlus, like many other companies, were caught off guard by the Switch's success and didn't think it would be reaching the heights it currently is. Atlus would do well to keep the system in mind in the future, as it's where their audience is slowly moving to.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
P5 might not be on switch but at least SMTV will be releasing sometime within the next ten years

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Oh also I should mention, you may as well give up on Persona as a series right now because Sony is going to censor the **** out of every future game in the franchise that's exclusive to Playstation.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Oh also I should mention, you may as well give up on Persona as a series right now because Sony is going to censor the **** out of every future game in the franchise that's exclusive to Playstation.
that's a bit much I think. Even if it were to get censored it's not like it would bring about the downfall of the entire series

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
schreier's credibility is well-documented to the point that he's built his entire career on game development exposes, usually for troubled games like mass effect andromeda or anthem

to my knowledge, he's gotten far, far more things right than wrong, like microsoft buying obsidian an entire month before it happened and f:76 not being a single-player game at all
ok but kotaku said gamers harassing people is bad, checkmate atheist, I get my news from a REAL source! *starts browsing The Hard Times*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And since only about 10% of the population actually knows Persona Q2 exists, everyone will believe Joker has never been in a Nintendo game before Smash, and thus should not be in Smash.
April 2019 is shaping up to be probably one of the worst months in Smash history.
As a Fire Emblem and Pokémon fan, I've just learned to ignore the bottom-feeders who claim to be the arbiters of what should and shouldn't be in Smash. They really don't matter, man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do think future mainline titles will eventually leave Sony if possible. It does not benefit Atlus to stay on a single platform.

5 is 99% not ever leaving, though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It really doesn't matter what kind of game it is or how good it is, the fact that it isn't a Persona 5 Switch port is going to kill it for basically everyone.
I mean we're getting a proper update this month plus a new mode, so that automatically makes it better than most months for Smash when we'll be getting nothing - 'one of the worst months in Smash history' seems kinda hyperbolic

Plus who cares if other people think a character shouldn't be in Smash? Corrin mains have to deal with people thinking their character shouldn't be in Smash, as do Plant mains, Incineroar mains, Dark Pit mains ... you get the idea

Who cares what they think? You won - your character got in, so screw 'em!

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Oh I should say, to those who are all "oh but Atlus absolutely knows there's demand for P5 on Switch"
No. No they don't.
I'd say Atlus is more out-of-touch with what their fans want than practically every other game company on the planet.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I'd say so, yeah.

TBH the Royal and P5S was kind of a "now or never" situation with P5 to me. I do not think P5 is leaving PlayStation if neither of those games get a Switch port.
On one hand its fair to assume that this month has to be the make or break it scenario regarding a Persona 5 port, but i'm confident the backslash and outcry for a port of the game, would become to huge for Atlus and Nintendo to ignore, Because people started to expect a port, when Joker was revealed for Smash.

I see Joker being compared to Cloud alot, but honestly the only thing they share is that they are both protagonists from the game from their respective series that broke into the mainstream.

Cloud was honestly inevitable or well a Final Fantasy rep being inevitable is the better wording, because Final Fantasy had major roots with Nintendo but Cloud was the most requested and most well known FF character, while Persona is honestly still a small fry among the other 3rd party characters that we currently have in Smash minus Bayonetta.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I should say, to those who are all "oh but Atlus absolutely knows there's demand for P5 on Switch"
No. No they don't.
I'd say Atlus is more out-of-touch with what their fans want than practically every other game company on the planet.
I mean

They just recently sent out polls asking people. If there actually is a demand and it isn't typical internet echo chambering, they'll know about it because they specifically asked.

It's just probably too late for 5R and S.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
No. No they don't.
atlus out here being so unaware that a large number of switch owners love their games that they agreed to add one of their most popular characters to one of the switch's most popular titles

the joker paradox

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
On one hand its fair to assume that this month has to be the make or break it scenario regarding a Persona 5 port, but i'm confident the backslash and outcry for a port of the game, because Joker is in Smash would become to huge for Atlus and Nintendo to ignore. Because people started to expect a port, when Joker was revealed for Smash.

I see Joker being compared to Cloud alot, but honestly the only thing they share is that they are both protagonists from the game from their respective series that broke into the mainstream.

Cloud was honestly inevitable or well a Final Fantasy rep being inevitable is the better wording, because Final Fantasy had major roots with Nintendo but Cloud was the most requested and well known FF character, while Persona is honestly still a small fry among the other 3rd party characters that we currently have in Smash minus Bayonetta.
The thing is, I'd argue Joker has MORE OF A RIGHT (as much as I hate using that term) to be in Smash than Cloud did, because Joker is in a game on a Nintendo console where he's the main character. Cloud however, wasn't at the time of his reveal.
Now he is, of course, but back during the Sm4sh days he wasn't.
People are going to completely ignore this fact though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Eh, Persona 5 was hardly that bad in terms of censored material.

I’m not the biggest fan of Kotaku, mainly because they can be...extremely biased in their work, and some of their reviews are doodoo. But to each their own. Schrier has his connections, but we’ll have to wait and see.

These FFA’s are great. That one on Lumiose? Good god.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean this in all sincerity:

What are you on about.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, I'd argue Joker has MORE OF A RIGHT
Are...

Are we seriously gonna play the "character deserves" game now?

Characters do not "deserve" anything, because they are not real. They are fake pixel people. They cannot "deserve" anything.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

> be me
> head off to work
> my local store's electronic section is playing the Joker reveal

Y'all Persona fans are gonna be on ****ing sight if I find one thing I don't like if I play it, I swear on Jah and @faygoshill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom