• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm listening to this right now.
This music both calm down and make me feel sad, and I don't know if I should be happy about that or not, but in all cases, lord bless Silent Hill's musics.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Switch is getting three Resident Evil ports in a month, dunno what y'all are complaining about.

D

Deleted member

Even if P5S isn't P5 Switch I wouldn't count out a Switch port just yet.

Let's see how things play out until E3.
Biggest thing for me though is would it be P5R or just base P5?

I'd take anything at this point, but still.

my sadness has ruined the conversation

sorry
Don't worry about it, man. You didn't do anything wrong, and there's nothing to apologise for.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I don't think you guys realize what's going to happen when P5 doesn't come to Switch.
This will cause a bigger ****storm than the Grinch leak being fake. The whole fanbase will be divided.
It'll be worse than it's ever been. You all call me irrationally pessimistic now, just you wait. I know how Smash Bros. fans work.
Of course people will reply to this with "who cares what the fans think" not realizing the fans are who we're all forced to interact with since we're all a part of this community.
Smashboards might not be horribly angry, but outside Smashboards? It'll be the ****ing apocalypse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think you guys realize what's going to happen when P5 doesn't come to Switch.
This will cause a bigger ****storm than the Grinch leak being fake. The whole fanbase will be divided.
It'll be worse than it's ever been. You all call me irrationally pessimistic now, just you wait. I know how Smash Bros. fans work.
Of course people will reply to this with "who cares what the fans think" not realizing the fans are who we're all forced to interact with since we're all a part of this community.
Smashboards might not be horribly angry, but outside Smashboards? It'll be the ****ing apocalypse.
Or, y'know...

No one will care about a couple of people complaining. Or should.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

never have i seen this much salt and pessimism about a three year old video game not receiving a port

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1555176059095.png

aight i'm done with you, have a good one

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think you are putting too much weight to opinions of people who have too much free time in their hands. People complain about everything on the internet, that's nothing new.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's some juicy fearmongering you've got right there. Yum.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I really doubt it will. People will be disappointed, but outrage? Fat chance.

People didn't react that strongly when the Grinch leak was fake either.

D

Deleted member

Hold up, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon dead ass you said if Xenoblade 2 was 20 bucks you'd pick it up again.

Look at Target right now.

QUICK, SAY BANJO IS IN YOU ************.

Also @Mr. Wario yes yes yes, it is absolutely worth it. Torna is really good too, Nintendo's best expansion and DLC yet.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The whole fanbase is going to get divided over Persona 5 not existing on Switch?
D2SkOIVU8AA7cI5.png

Yeah, call me when Brawl HD is made, that will actually divide the fanbase.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Noipoi Noipoi I don't know what you're going through, but I hope you're able to overcome it as soon as possible. I'm certain you have the strength to do it, and while you're at it, remember that you've also got plenty of people who can and will readily offer their support to help you through it if need be. Judging by this thread's current title, you've definitely received plenty of that support already. That must be a good start to overcoming this, right?

In any case, whatever you're going through, you will beat it. It'll simply have been a bad hurdle you had to hop in life as time goes on. Stay strong, man.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yeah just because a leak says something doesn't mean I'll 100% believe it. At the end of the day it's a text leak, and while the guy is reliable it's only his word, no concrete proof. I'd say Atlus wanting to expand their franchises (polls asking if people were interested in PC, Switch, etc.) and the obvious Smash DLC cross-promotion with Joker outweighs some guy simply saying he hasn't seen anything yet. He says in the ResetEra post is that he's not 100% sure and that it doesn't necessarily rule out P5 for Switch separately, I won't give up just yet.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I think you are putting too much weight to opinions of people who have too much free time in their hands. People complain about everything on the internet, that's nothing new.
All discussion is going to be for like the next few months will be complaining. It'll probably get even worse when Erdrick is announced.
Look, I get it. I know I come off as horrendously negative and cynical, but...I can't see the situation in any other way.
Yeah, cool, we're getting Joker in Smash! We're getting stage builder! Why should I care about that when in a couple of weeks no one else will?
I would be HAPPY to be wrong, trust me, but I know I won't be.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> the entire Smash fanbase will be divided over a cool new character being added because the source game isn’t going to be ported to Switch
45354E00-CC46-495D-92C6-EF2DC7FABFFF.png
Yeah...no. I very much doubt that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Twenty bucks is low enough that I'd consider giving XC2 a shot despite my misgivings, but I really didn't care for the original XC's gameplay, so I think I'll still pass for now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay buddy it's time for you to get off your street corner and stop preaching the end of the world. It's not going to happen.

Will people be mad? Probably. They have reason to be given how many times Persona 5 Switch has/hasn't been a thing at this point and the emotional toll that hyping yourself up only to get knocked down only to hype yourself up again (repeat ad nauseam) can take on a person.

But it won't be worse than the Grinch leak. So many people in the core fanbase had their hopes shot up only to get knocked down all at once, and by surprise to some as well. You say you know how Smash Bros. fans works, but I think I know them better, and it won't play out like you say. If anything we'll have three camps from this:
  • The people who don't care/are hyped to play as Joker,
  • The people disappointed that a P5 Switch port isn't happening given how many times it's been "leaked," and
  • The people who were going to be mad anyways (i.e. GameFAQs, see: REEEEEE NON-NINTENDO CHARACTER REEEE ANIMU SWORDMAN REEE)

D

Deleted member

atlus refuses to give us a persona 5 port.... do they not understand how unepic that is.... the truth is we live in a society..... but we are the ones who make it a society. if atlus does not give us our port.... their time will come
and so will our time... we will tear this country apart piece by piece. the apocalypse is now. the reckoning is now. we are gamers united. gamers rise up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom