• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm just now seeing the stock icons for pac mans alts

What is this, why did this have to happen to the pac boi

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
PsySmasher PsySmasher whoa, did you just bump your banner up to 21 peeps?!

is there a recent source bumping the rumored WoL slots up to 21, or? I would increase the amount of ppl on my banner but idk the size of the "larger number" image variants...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
PsySmasher PsySmasher whoa, did you just bump your banner up to 21 peeps?!

is there a recent source bumping the rumored WoL slots up to 21, or? I would increase the amount of ppl on my banner but idk the size of the "larger number" image variants...
Nah. It has nothing to do w/ speculation. I just felt like adding more slots for deconfirmed characters that I wanted.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The talk about the MCU and secret identities reminded me of that Danny Phantom episode that had its own Infinity Gauntlet and part of me wanted to see Danny allow his parents to keep the knowledge of him being half-ghost. I think it would’ve been an interesting shake up to the status quo and I would’ve loved to the episodes that could’ve came from that dynamic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Perfectly Balanced
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it crashed again.

Nintendo, for ****'s sake. If you're not gonna give a **** about your online, don't make us pay for it.
seems like you have some bad luck going on
also who in the hell approved wandavision's name

because **** that
View attachment 207322
E784A744-7F27-458B-97E7-EC5FC40668AF.jpeg

That's one of the things that bothers me about the MCU. Because there are no secret identities, everyone just goes by their real name, with Spider-Man being an exception but ONLY when he's with the Avengers. As unrealistic as it is, I like it when they call each other "Iron Man" and "Black Widow" and "Hawkeye" and "Ant-Man" instead of juts Tony, Natasha, Clint, and Scott. It's so dull to me.
Spider-Man being called “Spider-Man”/“Spidey”/“Web-Head”/etc. by everyone but Ned, May, Stark, and Happy (Fury soon of course) makes sense considering who he is and how he rolls...but the rest of the movie heroes mainly calling one another by their real names makes a lot of sense considering how close they all are to each other. Seems like once you get close to the MCU 6, you’ll only use real names more often (Spidey being an exception since many won’t know who he is for sometime...or even forever)
At least give me one final chance to gawk at FOX Quicksilver :mybodyisreggie:
That’s what Dark Phoenix is for
I'm just now seeing the stock icons for pac mans alts

What is this, why did this have to happen to the pac boi
Pac-Man trying to get fit

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I will say that I can agree that in a world with secret identities like the DC universe, superheroes being on a first name basis with each other does feel more special as it implies a strong level of trust.
Exactly! But when EVERYONE knows it like in the MCU.... It's just nothing. They might as well not even have codenames.

tbh it does kinda add to the "realism" (as realistic as as a universe with a magic flying alien hot boy god who shoots lightning can be lmao)

the mcu has always been more of a "what if superheroes and their associated stuff were in the real world so it makes sense that these people would be callimg each other by their real names

i can see where you're coming from though, and i can see it being a bit dull for some. at least everyone (besides cap but everyone calls him cap so w/e) has an interesting name lol

also without it we wouldn't have gotten the "oh we're using our made up names" scene and that would be a tragedy of the highest caliber
And the added realism has always been my biggest problem with the MCU.

But yeah, made up names was a good line.

I just want a scene in Endgame where comeone calls out "Cap" and both Carol and Steve respond.

Also, not MCU related, but is Advent Children actually a good movie?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Exactly! But when EVERYONE knows it like in the MCU.... It's just nothing. They might as well not even have codenames.

And the added realism has always been my biggest problem with the MCU.

But yeah, made up names was a good line.

I just want a scene in Endgame where comeone calls out "Cap" and both Carol and Steve respond.

Also, not MCU related, but is Advent Children actually a good movie?
Advent Children is better if you don’t know what’s going on lol

D

Deleted member

Two quick questions for those who played the original Bowser's Inside Story:

What do you think of the slower pace of the game compared to the original? TBH I think I prefer it. Looking at footage of the original BiS, there's a lot more twitch-based attacks than I remember there being. I feel like BiSDX's slower pace makes the game a little more comfy to play while still managing to keep difficulty intact through the usage of Rage phase in boss fights.

Also, which Bowser X is considered harder: BiS' or BiSDX's? While BiS' is waaaay more twitch-based, BiSDX's Giant Bowser attack and raining fire attack seem a lot harder to react to in BiSDX. Goomba attack is way easier, though. Plus, BiSDX's Bowser X has Rage form.

D

Deleted member

Did I just die to a Flare Blitz at 40%?
I was going to counter that, but it was too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Two quick questions for those who played the original Bowser's Inside Story:

What do you think of the slower pace of the game compared to the original? TBH I think I prefer it. Looking at footage of the original BiS, there's a lot more twitch-based attacks than I remember there being. I feel like BiSDX's slower pace makes the game a little more comfy to play while still managing to keep difficulty intact through the usage of Rage phase in boss fights.

Also, which Bowser X is considered harder: BiS' or BiSDX's? While BiS' is waaaay more twitch-based, BiSDX's Giant Bowser attack and raining fire attack seem a lot harder to react to in BiSDX. Goomba attack is way easier, though. Plus, BiSDX's Bowser X has Rage form.
I haven't played DX, but the point of the original was to be twitch-based. It was part of the difficulty of executing attacks well, and what made them so fulfilling to pull off.

DX is a step down in that regard.
Did I just die to a Flare Blitz at 40?
I was going to counter that, but it was too late.
Dying to a Flare Blitz at level 40 makes sense.

Hell, dying to a Flare Blitz period makes sense. That's 132 base power (including STAB) of raw fire type damage. A lot of things are gonna die to that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is John by the way?
The one with the Geno icon playing with Zachmac, PsySmasher and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom