• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's one of the things that bothers me about the MCU. Because there are no secret identities, everyone just goes by their real name, with Spider-Man being an exception but ONLY when he's with the Avengers. As unrealistic as it is, I like it when they call each other "Iron Man" and "Black Widow" and "Hawkeye" and "Ant-Man" instead of juts Tony, Natasha, Clint, and Scott. It's so dull to me.
I mean, in the case of Wanda, a big part of dancing around her code name was because of issues with Fox. Granted, those aren't an issue now, but it might be that they're already in too deep regarding her.

D

Deleted member

I know you guys like me because I post #qualitycontent, so whenever I don't really have anything to say I get kinda anxious lol
you don't need quality content to post

just say dumb **** all the time and occasionally add funny images too
D3KbLjaWkAEUYdI.jpeg

easy
We need Mr. FLORA HEALS AN ACHING SOUL in as an incineroar echo
dromarch ****ing suplexes a ************ for not retrieving fast enough

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm curious what the X-Men would become in the MCU.

At least give me one final chance to gawk at FOX Quicksilver :mybodyisreggie:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Uh... Can someone explain to me what exactly happened in that last match? For the first stock I lost my jump because of the buffer, but I have no idea how I died the second time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's one of the things that bothers me about the MCU. Because there are no secret identities, everyone just goes by their real name, with Spider-Man being an exception but ONLY when he's with the Avengers. As unrealistic as it is, I like it when they call each other "Iron Man" and "Black Widow" and "Hawkeye" and "Ant-Man" instead of juts Tony, Natasha, Clint, and Scott. It's so dull to me.
I get that it’s done to show how close they are, them being on a first name basis showing that they’re friends rather than just teammates, like to them “Iron Man” and “Captain America” are just titles and not their full identities. I guess it could be balanced more by having more civilians or other characters calling the hem by their titles.

D

Deleted member

I’m afraid this is one battle you can’t win.

You won’t make it out alive, Shiny.

Jokes on you, I'm going to delete my account before Erdrick is revealed so I don't have to delete it when I lose the bet!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what if it isnt erdrick and just a codename for a tag team combo of eric cartman and rick

the d is just there for **** jokes

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Uh... Can someone explain to me what exactly happened in that last match? For the first stock I lost my jump because of the buffer, but I have no idea how I died the second time.
Yeah... I got absolutely no idea. Maybe it was a misinput? I don't remember hitting you with anything w/ too much knockback.

And apparently Charizard's Bair sweetspot can kill that early... duly noted. Time to switch to a heavier character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh it does kinda add to the "realism" (as realistic as as a universe with a magic flying alien hot boy god who shoots lightning can be lmao)

the mcu has always been more of a "what if superheroes and their associated stuff were in the real world so it makes sense that these people would be callimg each other by their real names

i can see where you're coming from though, and i can see it being a bit dull for some. at least everyone (besides cap but everyone calls him cap so w/e) has an interesting name lol

also without it we wouldn't have gotten the "oh we're using our made up names" scene and that would be a tragedy of the highest caliber

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just had a thought:

What happens to this bet if the character is still from DQ, but isn't Erdrick?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When I jumped offstage against Icineroar and Flare Blitz into the wall...yeah, that was a poorly timed attempt to Flare Blitz Incineroar hoping to call out his ledgetrap option.

I can never get that stunt right for some reason. I'm going to have to go hit Training Mode and practice it some.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just had a thought:

If we get a DQ character and it's Erdrick: We win
If we get a DQ character and it's the Luminary from DQXI: We still win, because the Luminary was given the title of Erdrick over the course of his game
If we get any other DQ character: DEATH

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just had a thought:

From what I know, that would still count as a loss. It has to be Erdrick, not Slime or any other DQ character.

Edit: Forgot Luminary is technically Erdrick, so he would count.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man arenas are poorly made.

Nintendo's shoddy online infrastructure aside...it sucks how it seems like just one person having a communication error causes the entire thing to crash and burn.

D

Deleted member

So the site turns into a session of Quickplay?
"In local news, a terrorist attack seems to have been commited on a local server site. Initial suspects appear to be a group of masked individuals lead by someone who, according to secured CCTV footage, left a calling card saying ' DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon '. A manhunt is currently underway"

Roberk

Smash Champion
high school musical.jpg

I'm pretty excited for Disney+, it'll be great to have the most demanded Disney content in one place with some new originals. The fact that it's half the price of Netflix is a huge "plus" (heh) for me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Despite being the highest-grossing film of all time, that movie did not leave an impression on ANYONE.
Pretty much. It only made the money it did, because it came out at the height of the 3D movie craze, so people who watched it, likely did so in 3D, and assuming 3D tickets are more expensive, the money raked in even greater than it normally would've.

Nowadays, we look back on the film, as well as the 3D trend, and go "Oh yeah, that was a thing"

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I want to keep playing, so I just made a new arena.

ID: 8X54M
Password: 159

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just had a thought:

And if this does end up being the case...

I'm just gonna sit back, get a box of popcorn, and watch as all of the people here (especially the ones who made the bet) go nuts.

It'll be fun to watch.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Also, why do Smash arenas have to suck so much? ARMS arenas were great, you could have multiple battles going at once and they were much more stable than Smash arenas from my experience.

D

Deleted member

And if this does end up being the case...

I'm just gonna sit back, get a box of popcorn, and watch as all of the people here (especially the ones who made the bet) go nuts.

It'll be fun to watch.
I'm still just sad it's not Crono TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom