• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Well look how well that’s turned out for them. They’re the laughing stock of E3 with like, 5 major releases in as many years. Maybe they should consider reordering their priorities if they want to turn things around.
Think of it this way, you can't be the laughing stock of E3 if you don't attend it.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Okay so here's what I got:
Draw Shantae!
Corrin, please

Thanks
Fem Corrin I assume?
Draw Duster! We could always use more Duster Art!
Draw Mario and Crash Bandicoot shaking hands like Ryu and Cyclops in X-Men vs. Street Fighter!
Uhhhh
draw john
Ness: okey.
Cynthia from Pokémon!
These are all the requests I'll do. Be back in a bit.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In terms of Sony IPs:
Parappa got a remaster, that's it
Ape Escape's last game was an awful PS Move game
LBP was killed
Medievil is getting another remake
Ratchet and Clank got a movie and a game
Jak is dead
Uncharted is finished?
God of War is finished? Idk on those two.
Gravity Rush is dead.
Sly is getting that cartoon that we know nothing about
InFamous is MIA
Shadow got a remake
Dragoon is dead
Crash is not owned by them
Spyro isn't owned by them
Which is why I laughed when Sony said they want Days Gone to become a franchise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In terms of Sony IPs:
LBP was killed
Jak is dead
Uncharted is finished?
Gravity Rush is dead.
InFamous is MIA
Shadow got a remake
Dragoon is dead
Please don’t call franchises dead. That’s not a thing. If BUBSY can come back than anyone can.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it’s pretty reasonable to expect a Direct simply based on the fact that Best Buy has the Joker render, and I would assume the information about the other leaked games.

Would it be as robust as the previous Direct? That I can’t say. I could see some more information on already announced games, like the 3.0 update for Smash as well as Mario Maker 2. Then announce stuff like the Metroid Prime trilogy for Switch, ALttP, etc...

However, the longer we get through April, the closer we get to E3, which means less reason to have an “all out” Direct. Unless, of course, they’re focusing on a select few titles at E3. I think it’s obvious we’re getting at least 1 DLC character at E3, but I almost have to wonder if Joker is all we’ll know about going into E3.

Who knows? The Mewtwo gameplay reveal also showed off Lucas afterward, so who says the same can’t happen for Joker and Erdrick?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Please don’t call franchises dead. That’s not a thing. If BUBSY can come back than anyone can.
That's the problem. It's Bubsy that came back instead of other great IPs.

Just like with half-***** comedy movies that do better than well written with heart movies in the box office.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
In terms of Sony IPs:
LBP was killed
Jak is dead
Uncharted is finished?
Gravity Rush is dead.
InFamous is MIA
Shadow got a remake
Dragoon is dead
>Gravity Rush is dead

Graviry Rush 2 came out in 2017. That's pretty recent.

Straight from the horse's mouth, people.

Well, they're not saying "Direct is definitely happening" like Gaming INTEL did, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it’s pretty reasonable to expect a Direct simply based on the fact that Best Buy has the Joker render, and I would assume the information about the other leaked games.

Would it be as robust as the previous Direct? That I can’t say. I could see some more information on already announced games, like the 3.0 update for Smash as well as Mario Maker 2. Then announce stuff like the Metroid Prime trilogy for Switch, ALttP, etc...

However, the longer we get through April, the closer we get to E3, which means less reason to have an “all out” Direct. Unless, of course, they’re focusing on a select few titles at E3. I think it’s obvious we’re getting at least 1 DLC character at E3, but I almost have to wonder if Joker is all we’ll know about going into E3.

Who knows? The Mewtwo gameplay reveal also showed off Lucas afterward, so who says the same can’t happen for Joker and Erdrick?
I'm all in on Brave's reveal at the end with a June release.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's the problem. It's Bubsy that came back instead of other great IPs.

Just like with half-***** comedy movies that do better than well written with heart movies in the box office.
Hopefully Sony sees that there IS in fact money in well made cartooney platformers, or hell even realistic gritty dormant ones like inFamous and Twisted Metal, and fixes their output. They need diversity to attract a lot of different people to their console line.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm all in on Brave's reveal at the end with a June release.
Has to be surely. We know he's been worked on since November, and the whole Joker fiasco behind the scenes delaying him a bit certainly makes sense.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
>Gravity Rush is dead

Graviry Rush 2 came out in 2017. That's pretty recent.

Well, they're not saying "Direct is definitely happening" like Gaming INTEL did, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
Its servers shut down after only a year.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
See, this is why it's my full intent to kick and scream about Kid Icarus until something happens.

Ironically Ratchet and Clank is among the least "dead" on this list but keeps driving around a cul-de-sac instead of actually moving forward towards it's established plot points, so I somehow have even less faith in it actually getting anywhere. :shaker: (kyaaaaaaah the entire President Qwark arc was pointless, nevermind that you have to buy a six-issue comic book in order to even fully grasp what happened in it. And don't even get me started on the plot of Into the Nexus, there was nothing that had any rhyme or reason in that thing. NOTHING!)

Which considering tonal and gameplay similarities is simply increasing my desperation for Nintendo to actually keep Kid Icarus out of the perpetual coma state they seemingly enjoy sticking it in.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Oh, btw, Killzone is also a dead Sony franchise.
God I'm still pissed about the piss poor handling of Killzone. You had an interesting premise and setting, an antagonist group that was more interesting than the "good" guys, gameplay that was decent, and you **** it all up by rushing a game for the PS4 and leave the series like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom