• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know.

I once stood up for someone that was an immigrant.
She hated Trump ( I do too ), and people were harassing her. The mean people said "Go back to Mexico" and nasty stuff like that. I stood up for her, and I feel good for it.
As you should.

**** those people.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Applied to one job... on to the next...
Bruh do what I do and do an Indeed rush.

For every 100 job applications you submit, you'll get one calling you in for an interview. :)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What does that even mean? As long as they still own it the can resurrect it at any time. And after Crash and Spyro any corporate executive worth his salt will be looking at their old “dead” early 3D platformer s like hungry wolves with dollar signs in their eyes.
What I mean is that Sony's not interested in cartoony platformers anymore, they've opted for a gritty and realistic style of games like Uncharted and The Last of Us, and they're not looking to change that style judging from Layden's own statements. Sony's new direction seems to be focused on the "experience" and movie-like games.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What I mean is that Sony's not interested in cartoony platformers anymore, they've opted for a gritty and realistic style of games like Uncharted and The Last of Us, and they're not looking to change that style judging from Layden's own statements. Sony's new direction seems to be focused on the "experience" and movie-like games.
I hope they remedy that soon because that would mean too many beloved IPs are gone.

Hang on a tick, then explain the MediEvil remake coming out this year? I mean it’s more Tim Burton than Chuck Jones but it’s still a “cartoony” game.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Jesus why do I like this song so ****ing much.

I have no explanation for what about it gets me going.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bruh do what I do and do an Indeed rush.

For every 100 job applications you submit, you'll get one calling you in for an interview. :)
I used to do it but it became an OCD compulsion which... was not good

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its a bit of a shame, the SCE Japan Studio makes a lot of interesting games. Hope they at least consider remasters.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Really? Erdrick has nothing in his favor? What about the fact that "Jack" and "Brave" were happily presented in the first update of Ultimate but were promptly deleted from the source code once people started guessing it was Erdrick? As if they were trying to cover their tracks. You know, like they did when they accidentally leaked Ryu and Roy? Hm.
Ironically enough, doing that sort of thing is exactly what paints that info as truth to most of us.

Imagine Nintendo noticing a tiny crack in an otherwise ignorable error so that people are left guessing, except Nintendo makes the problem even worse by bringing attention to it:
This is Nintendo and its poor understanding of the internet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Its a bit of a shame, the SCE Japan Studio makes a lot of interesting games. Hope they at least consider remasters.
Not just Ape Escape. We need more Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and Jak and Daxter. God. Imagine if these games and Ape Escape got super high quality installments on PS4. The thing would have FOUR Mario Odyssey’s

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Sony has a massive issue where they flat out just let beloved IPs die for no reason, even if the game has a pretty sizable audience. For a lot of IPs, PSASBR was the last time many were ever in the spotlight. Others that did continue on had games that weren't as good as their predecessors, disappointing, or just flat out suck. Only a select few got lucky.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I used to do it but it became an OCD compulsion which... was not good
Yeah i'm lucky to have landed some Sales job. It's literally the only thing I was able to get after hundreds of applications lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I... maybe I should move forward with my idea to start a nonprofit organization that benefits those who need help seeking help and contributes to mental health and neurological disease

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Sony has a massive issue where they flat out just let beloved IPs die for no reason, even if the game has a pretty sizable audience. For a lot of IPs, PSASBR was the last time many were ever in the spotlight. Others that did continue on had games that weren't as good as their predecessors, disappointing, or just flat out suck. Only a select few got lucky.
I mean, Parappa got a remaster last year (I think it was last year, could have been the year before)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I hope they remedy that soon because that would mean too many beloved IPs are gone.

Hang on a tick, then explain the MediEvil remake coming out this year? I mean it’s more Tim Burton than Chuck Jones but it’s still a “cartoony” game.
Honestly I'm surprised that they announced a MediEvil remake, I assume that if it sells well then Sony might take another look at their old IPs once more. But that's a pretty big if. The reason why I'm not so hopeful is because Sony's been in a weird state lately where they've been focusing heavily on cinematic games, Gravity Rush didn't get much love from them.

D

Deleted member

Anyone interested in an Arena? I feel like playing some Smash but the Single Player Content is severely lacking

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm surprised that they announced a MediEvil remake, I assume that if it sells well then Sony might take another look at their old IPs once more. But that's a pretty big if. The reason why I'm not so hopeful is because Sony's been in a weird state lately where they've been focusing heavily on cinematic games, Gravity Rush didn't get much love from them.
Well look how well that’s turned out for them. They’re the laughing stock of E3 with like, 5 major releases in as many years. Maybe they should consider reordering their priorities if they want to turn things around.

D

Deleted member

Straight from the horse's mouth, people.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Customer service or IT can be very hard sometimes. Mostly when dealing with angry people who lack compassion.
Especially in retail jobs when customers demand you go to the back and look for the item their looking for.

Hope I never have to work Retail ever again.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In terms of Sony IPs:
Parappa got a remaster, that's it
Ape Escape's last game was an awful PS Move game
LBP was killed
Medievil is getting another remake
Ratchet and Clank got a movie and a game
Jak is dead
Uncharted is finished?
God of War is finished? Idk on those two.
Gravity Rush is dead.
Sly is getting that cartoon that we know nothing about
InFamous is MIA
Shadow got a remake
Dragoon is dead
Crash is not owned by them
Spyro isn't owned by them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom