• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh, by the way, apparently Gaming Intel wasn't the first to say about a Nintendo Direct in April, rather a 4chan post was the first to mention it. Something to think about.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, by the way, apparently Gaming Intel wasn't the first to say about a Nintendo Direct in April, rather a 4chan post was the first to mention it. Something to think about.
The way the 4chan post is worded seems typical of fake leaks, but it has Mother Trilogy and Pikmin 3 port so hopefully it's true.

but where's Pikmin 4 ;-;

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, so, big thought here on Erdrick and the reason I think Brave is him.

Ok, so first off let's get the first thing out of the way.

The Leakers

Vergeben has been pretty avid for a while now that a second Square Rep would be in. Aot of us thought it would be Geno and his name was thrown around a lot. However, during the 7 Squares Debacle one name REALLY stood out to the leakers and the community. Erdrick. A Dragon Quest character.

The Legacy

Dragon Quest has been maybe the biggest Japanese cultural phenomenon for nearly 30 years. The fact that it MAY finally appear in Smash is simply believable. For something this big to not be in Smash is actually kind of a surprise when we have characters like Joker and Bayonetta.

The Evidence

This one all boils down to "Brave". Now Brave could mean a lot of things but it's telling that it's so associated with Dragon Quest that people actually label Erdrick as The Brave.
Not only this but as soon as people started guessing that "Brave" was indeed Erdrick, Sakurai's team promptly removed the phrase from the code which is telling when they suffered a hit by leaving "Ryu" and "Roy" as well as "Lucas" in the code when Mewtwo released in April of 2015. They learned their lesson. And this time they used code names but the code was still broken and now any reference to "Brave" is gone. Only stats remain.

I think the most telling part is how Brave was removed. If Brave hadn't been removed and we were STILL guessing who it was I could see it not being Erdrick but as it stands now I feel like Erdrick has a 90% chance of being Brave. If not I'll come back here and humbly admit my ignorance. I just feel like too many things line up for it to NOT be. We'll probably see by the end of the month though anyways.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be crazy if Brave turned out to be a stubby Rhythm Paradise character that was "brave" cause they were perhaps Tibby whose maybe brave in his Megamix game's story? And he puffed out his afro to get the larger shield size?

I legit wonder if cause Tsnuku mentioned being interested in doing Rhythm Heaven Switch, that maybe there could be some kind of fighter promoting it assuming we'd get other fighters passes down the line, maybe a while before it would come out to gauge or maintain interest or would promo fighters not work that way that early before an actual game came out to promote? I just want my RP character, man.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wouldn't it be crazy if Brave turned out to be a stubby Rhythm Paradise character that was "brave" cause they were perhaps Tibby whose maybe brave in his Megamix game's story? And he puffed out his afro to get the larger shield size?
Best possible timeline

Not gonna happen, but I can dream

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

The Leakers

Vergeben has been pretty avid for a while now that a second Square Rep would be in. Aot of us thought it would be Geno and his name was thrown around a lot. However, during the 7 Squares Debacle one name REALLY stood out to the leakers and the community. Erdrick. A Dragon Quest character.

The Legacy

Dragon Quest has been maybe the biggest Japanese cultural phenomenon for nearly 30 years. The fact that it MAY finally appear in Smash is simply believable. For something this big to not be in Smash is actually kind of a surprise when we have characters like Joker and Bayonetta.

The Evidence

This one all boils down to "Brave". Now Brave could mean a lot of things but it's telling that it's so associated with Dragon Quest that people actually label Erdrick as The Brave.

Not only this but as soon as people started guessing that "Brave" was indeed Erdrick, Sakurai's team promptly removed the phrase from the code which is telling when they suffered a hit by leaving "Ryu" and "Roy" as well as "Lucas" in the code when Mewtwo released in April of 2015. They learned their lesson. And this time they used code names but the code was still broken and now any reference to "Brave" is gone. Only stats remain.

I think the most telling part is how Brave was removed. If Brave hadn't been removed and we were STILL guessing who it was I could see it not being Erdrick but as it stands now I feel like Erdrick has a 90% chance of being Brave. If not I'll come back here and humbly admit my ignorance. I just feel like too many things line up for it to NOT be. We'll probably see by the end of the month though anyways.
That's not even to add how many other games use "Brave" in reference to Dragon Quest specifically, case in point the image I keep posting from one of my guilty pleasure gacha games.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

The Leakers

The Legacy

The Evidence

I agree with this, but I have to ask: how does the "Brave" codename being removed have anything to do with whether it's Erdrick? I would have assumed the names were removed because they weren't meant to be seen, period.

I just don't the see the correlation. Great write-up, though.

Edit: had to fix a serious typo.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just feel like too many things line up for it to NOT be.
I swear I saw this exact phrase word-for-word used regarding Isaac multiple times in the Ultimate speculation cycle.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Anyone else notice that Hinata Hinata is the only one on the 1st poll option? No one else agrees with her?

Shroob

Sup?
I swear I saw this exact phrase word-for-word used regarding Isaac multiple times in the Ultimate speculation cycle.
To be perfectly fair here:

1: The tease from Sakurai basically was the 'Camelot' rpg pose.

and

2: The Grinch Leak had already polluted everyone's mind by the time the healing sprout was leaked.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To be perfectly fair here:

1: The tease from Sakurai basically was the 'Camelot' rpg pose.

and

2: The Grinch Leak had already polluted everyone's mind by the time the healing sprout was leaked.
Oh, I am not disagreeing at all.

Just pointing out that while all the evidence we have access to may point to a predetermined character, it's important to remember that we do not, in fact, have all the evidence.

I believe it's Erdrick, for the record.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Correct me if I’m wrong.

Brave’s name wasnt all that disappeared correct?

Last I head jokers physics and braves also disappeared.

And just a side note, I find brave harder to be ederick because of that glitch where 3 characters broke the game.

I fully believe that duck hunt bowser jr and miis are the base for dlc. With duck hunt pointing to banjo. We’ll know soon enough

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
wait did y'all bet on erdrick being brave or just erdrick being in
If Erdrick isn't Brave, the most obvious codename for a Dragon Quest character, then I doubt he'll be in at all.

The best is if Erdrick is playable, and not if he is Brave, however.

Shroob

Sup?
The Healing Sprout was probably one of the funniest damn coincidences ever.

First you had the "Isaac's on the border of the mural, meaning 'something that I can't be asked to remember'"

Then you had the SINGLE.GREEN.PIXEL that soo many people clung to because it was in the same spot that Isaac was casting growth in the hoax.

And the the sprout got leaked via WENDY's, and everyone thought it was Growth.

Shroob

Sup?
Correct me if I’m wrong.

Brave’s name wasnt all that disappeared correct?

Last I head jokers physics and braves also disappeared.

And just a side note, I find brave harder to be ederick because of that glitch where 3 characters broke the game.

I fully believe that duck hunt bowser jr and miis are the base for dlc. With duck hunt pointing to banjo. We’ll know soon enough
Your logic falls flat here because the Mii that was broken was, iirc, Swordfighter, and Joker isn't going to play anything like Swordfighter, unlike someone like Erdrick would.

That would also mean that Banjo would be revealed next if we're going by the logic of Plant > Joker > Banjo to coincide with the 3, which, yeah Banjo NOT at E3 isn't happening.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
saw an interesting point raised that given the apparent costume numbering and separation of jack/jane (olimar/alph rather than regular male/female alternating selection) it's more than likely that, should she be in, she'll have a different name (at the very least being considered a 'different' character by atlus, given their treatment of p3's feMC as a wholly separate entity)

imagine waiting four months to main joker then you end up maining a joker who isn't even joker

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

First you had the "Isaac's on the border of the mural, meaning 'something that I can't be asked to remember'"

Then you had the SINGLE.GREEN.PIXEL that soo many people clung to because it was in the same spot that Isaac was casting growth in the hoax.

The grinch leak will without a doubt be the wildest ride the smash fandom will ever be on

Noipoi

Howdy!

Isaac fans got taken on an emotional roller coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom