• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pffft, at least they can not cause Global Warming.
I'm just imagining a dolphin with arms and legs as an oil tycoon.

I don't see any hesitance in their eyes, not one drop. Just need four limbs and an office desk.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm bored. Name 3 Non Erdrick characters you'd add and I'll rate your decision
Phoenix Wright
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
Chandelure
The only characters not leaked in any way (which includes vague placeholders, so no Greninja) for Smash 4:

Base: :rosalina::4lucina::4robinm:
DLC: :4mewtwo::4lucas::4corrin::4bayonetta:

The only characters not leaked in any way for Smash Ultimate (so far):
Base::ultkrool:
DLC: (Joker)

Kinda sad when you think about it.
Thing is, this doesn't really speak for the circulation of the leaks, or the belief.

For example, it's true that PP was leaked for Ultimate, but not only did that leak not really get around, it was also not something most people wouldn't have believed at the time.

Same goes for Cloud. Leaked, but not very prominently.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dont think Inkling was leaked...

At least not that I know.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hmm. Interesting.

So I guess I'll revise my list.

Characters who weren't leaked PUBLICALLY before reveal (i.e. only insiders knew): :ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:(Joker)

Everyone else was directly stated by someone.
Wait... so Joker was known by insiders prior to the Game Awards?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but this is the first time I'm really hearing of this.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly though, Inkling's probably one of those few characters that everyone can agree was a shoo-in for the next smash if not DLC.
I mean yeah. We knew its happen but I dont think it was leaked cause as far as I know a smash reveal was a big surprise

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Not to cause alarm or assumptions, but Nintendo hasn't posted anything to their Twitter lately (well, Nintendo of America, anyway, Europe and UK are just showcasing the da Yosh). It's unusual for them, normally they post something every day, whether it has to do with first parties or third. Makes you think: is this lad going mental?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not to cause alarm or assumptions, but Nintendo hasn't posted anything to their Twitter lately (well, Nintendo of America, anyway, Europe and UK are just showcasing the da Yosh). It's unusual for them, normally they post something every day, whether it has to do with first parties or third. Makes you think: is this lad going mental?
Yup, I’m thinkin it’s confirmed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I don't really think Inkling had to be leaked though... it was pretty much the safest assumption going into Ultimate.

Plus they were tied to Ultimate's reveal, so I'm not sure if that would affect when insiders would know about them.

D

Deleted member

It would really depend on when playtesters got their hands on the characters.
But before a new Smash was even announced is unlikely, so I guess Inklings (and Joker) were the only ones to not get leaked at all by default.

Can't be leaked if you're literally the first thing people know about in regards to the new game. :V

D

Deleted member

SMASH DIRECT PLEASE!!!
My thirst increases.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pingu isn't a show that played on American tv.

At least, it didn't when I was growing up in the 90's.
From what I can find, it first aired from 1996 to 2001 in the US.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe the madlad behind the NoA twitter is going crazy with hype due to an upcoming Direct this week!

Hahaha right y'all? Right? Please just end our misery and showcase a Direct already..

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Considering I always wanted someone to use the Pyra I really enjoyed your usernane change.

Even if you revive the Toaster soon, at least I have some Pyra and Mythra memes now.
Honestly I wouldn’t expect a revert back to Toaster anytime soon. I liked this more than I expected to.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Leaking Inkling would've been pretty pointless, though. Everyone and their mother thought they were a shoe-in for the next Smash.

Might be a bit of hyperbole, but that would be like someone "leaking" that the sun was gonna rise tomorrow.

Nobody would give them a second glance, because everyone knows it's gonna happen.

D

Deleted member

I wish Nintendo did a better job at concealing stuff.
Compared to other gaming companies, they are quite poor at hiding their tracks.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was thinking about changing my name, but I've had Swamp in my name for so long I dont know how if I'd like something different.

D

Deleted member

Y'all I think the Sun is going to shine tomorrow I have insider information to back this up. The Sun will shine Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom