• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember as a wee lad my parents permitting me and my sister to just sit with them while they watched King of the Hill and Futurama. Probably not the best child-viewing in television, but, eh, I turned out fine. :drshrug:
Congrats.

You learned how to tell your parents to bite your shiny-metal ass.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have to ask.

Was Teen Titans 'really' that popular while it was airing?

Like, I adored the show but it seemed really lukewarm all things considered. There was basically no merch for it at the big-name retailers unlike stuff like PPGs and Dexter.

And of course then stuff like Zone-tan and Teen Titans GO! happened.
Definitely not as big as PPG, but I think it was popular enough. It definitely had a following.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Default Dancing Sans tries to sing himself to sleep.
Megalovania, but with baby lullaby instruments.

Sigma kills Napoleon Bonaparte with a hatchet.
This is the equivalent of Ganondorf killing Hitler with a hammer (now with extra "DORYAAA!").

Hmmm, not much to say here, so I'll include the another scenario...

Taylor F. and Minecraft Creeper get into a fight over raw meat, but Taylor F. gives up and runs away.
If he was smart, he'd bait the Creeper into blowing up, eliminating a contestant, but he didn't. You ****ed up, Taylor. The F in your name stands for:
Failure.png

A Mirror severely slices Default Dancing Sans with a sword.
Trust_Nobody_Sans.png

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have to ask.

Was Teen Titans 'really' that popular while it was airing?

Like, I adored the show but it seemed really lukewarm all things considered. There was basically no merch for it at the big-name retailers unlike stuff like PPGs and Dexter.

And of course then stuff like Zone-tan and Teen Titans GO! happened.
I don't remember it being like CRAZY popular, but it definitely had a sizeable following.

If nothing else, it was vindicated by history considering the Teen Titans we have now.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. The creators of Teen Titans GO! committed the ultimate sin when they took an episode of the old show and dubbed over it with their own dumbass humor.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My sister watched that show and most preteen Disney Channel all the time and I made the mistake of watching with her cause I had to wait my turn/had nothing better to do.
Implying it was a mistake

Disney Sitcoms are among the most blessed-cursed shows I’ve ever had the pleasure-displeasure of watching. I don’t regret a single second of it.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Congrats.

You learned how to tell your parents to bite your shiny-metal ***.
Funny you should say that, because these are the same parents that wouldn't let me watch a VHS of Spongebob with that episode where Spongebob is being threatened by Flats the Flounder.

Because in the episode, characters said "butt." :132:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My sister watched that show and most preteen Disney Channel all the time and I made the mistake of watching with her cause I had to wait my turn/had nothing better to do.
"Hey, want to help a girl grow up to swing around naked on wrecking balls and randomly act crazy because money?"

Of course, this fandom of all places doesn't get a say in how Zach and Cody turned out nowadays.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't remember it being like CRAZY popular, but it definitely had a sizeable following.

If nothing else, it was vindicated by history considering the Teen Titans we have now.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. The creators of Teen Titans GO! committed the ultimate sin when they took an episode of the old show and dubbed over it with their own ******* humor.
People get way too pissy about Teen Titans Go! It’s ultimately a harmless spinoff.

But the creators add fuel to the fire all the damn time:

D

Deleted member

In terms of television, the kids of today do not have it as sharp.
That is fine, because now the kids of today are facing more towards the internet and games. :p

Shroob

Sup?
Funny you should say that, because these are the same parents that wouldn't let me watch a DVD of Spongebob with that episode where Spongebob is being threatened by Flats the Flounder.

Because in the episode, characters said "butt." :132:

I ****ing love that episode.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People get way too pissy about Teen Titans Go! It’s ultimately a harmless spinoff.

But the creators add fuel to the fire all the damn time:
i just want the old teen titans back man

i just want teen titans to be about something again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The day DisneyXD replaced it was the day I stopped believing Santa Claus existed.
I just want my Marvel Cartoon re-runs back. THEY USED TO SHOW SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED. That costume was sick.

Spider-Man Unlimited.jpg

D

Deleted member

SPEAKING OF WHICH. The creators of Teen Titans GO! committed the ultimate sin when they took an episode of the old show and dubbed over it with their own ******* humor.
Yikes, that is just mean.
Especially to the old TT fans.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In terms of television, the kids of today do not have it as sharp.
That is fine, because now the kids of today are facing more towards the internet and games. :p
IMO there's less good shows, but the few good shows that are there are higher quality than ever.

I have a lot of positive things to say about 2000's cartoons, but you'd never catch some of them dead with the sheer foreshadowing and lore arc skills a handful of shows have today. Which is of course entirely because people who grew up watching cartoons are finally old enough to start making them in place of old people just guessing what kids like. But only to just start, lot of zonks going around too and kid's entertainment keeps not being funded because IDK how dare children feel true joy

D

Deleted member

What’s up guys? Just finished my daily workout of wresting ten black bears to the ground.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Never trust leakers in general.
They always find a way to hide behind our backs.
For all we know, some of those Erdrick leaks could be fake.

With that claim the burden of proof is on you.

Give me one leaker who "hid behind our backs." Bonus points if it's one who's claimed Erdrick so you discredit them.

loz18 doesn't count since he was a fraud from the start. The Piranha Plant debacle also doesn't count since leakers "hid" insider information to save the surprise, which I believe you would say is for the better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It wasn’t, but it felt like it wanted to be.
Mm. That’s all I could think of whilst watching the show.

Deathstroke Slade’s voice was so soothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey what’s up internet it’s ya enby coming at you live from my bed at 3am

Tonight’s segment is all about the business side of why all of your predictions won’t happen

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
While I'm here and not playing Resident Evil 0, I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in on at least a few of the DLC choices. I'll just outline what I think we're looking at.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I don't think we'll get more than one character from any one company.

Capcom
From Capcom, we already have Mega Man and two picks from Street Fighter. These are two of Capcom's most celebrated series to date. We also have the Rathalos, the iconic monster from Monster Hunter as a boss.

Despite the amazing result of Monster Hunter World, I agree with friends of mine when they've said that Rathalos is basically the mascot of Monster Hunter, and is their most iconic piece. A Monster Hunter fighter could be cool, but it just seems like...weird. It's nothing substantial, but I just don't expect it to happen.

While Monster Hunter World is the highest selling Capcom game ( I think of all time? It really is great though), their highest grossing franchise is none other than Resident Evil. There's no other franchise or genre in a playable state in Smash already. Do I think there might be minimal comparisons to a Snake moveset for Jill, Leon, or another RE protagonist? Maybe. But there's some interesting stuff for a long-ranged, strategic zoning movesets for these guys. The stage options are fantastic, and even some items (collecting green and red herbs to restore health, anyone?). It's a multimedia franchise that is certainly known to many a gamer.

Aside from Resident Evil, Capcom has other series to go to. Unfortunately, we already know Dante hasn't been picked. Amaterasu from Okami, and Phoenix Wright of the Ace Attorney series are also nice choices. Phoenix Wright especially would be a "less than expected" choice.

Namco/Bandai
By no means do I think a character from NB is guaranteed, but I will at least comment on the fact that Sakurai went out of his way to specifically mention Heihachi and Lloyd Irving specifically in interviews about the content of the game. Both of them have had Mii Fighter costumes. I think it's entirely plausible, if we even get a NB character to begin with, that it's one of these two dudes.

That said, i think we could get neither. Or, simply nothing from Namco at all.

Square Enix
There are some great picks from SE, but I firmly believe Dragon Quest is going to be the pick. It's simply got the legacy for JRPG titles, the longevity, and...I'm sorry, but after that last Direct spending enough time on DQXI, I felt that it was simply happening. They treated the title like it was the next coming of Gaming Jesus. I entirely think we're getting Erdrick/the Luminary.

Other great picks, however, would be Lara Croft, Sora, or another Final Fantasy character. Or Chrono.

SEGA
I'm not sure whether to count Bayonetta and Joker as "SEGA characters" already, but aside from Sonic I simply don't know that I expect anything from SEGA. Sorry, SEGA fans!

Koei Tecmo
I've never played Ninja Gaiden. I've frankly only played Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. I have no experience with Ryu Hayabusa, but I also have no qualms with him being in Smash. I simply view it as, "Meh, not one I would have picked", but I will be satisfied simply because I can see it as a legacy series that started in the old days of gaming. He's also, like, the original ninja in the first place.

SNK
i watched my friend play King of Fighters one time.

I have little experience with these games, but my questions is more or less, what would Terry Bogard bring that Ryu doesn't already? What fighting style does he bring that makes him stand out from the rest? This is one in particular that I'm simply not convinced of.

I could absolutely see him getting a Mii Fighter costume though.
My response to your post..
Capcom
Yeah, I'm pretty certain we've already got all we'll get for Capcom, I don't see us getting a fourth Capcom character (even if, technically, Ryu & Ken are owned by Capcom USA and Mega Man is owned by Capcom Co. Ltd..they might as well be the exact same company since, well, they are..just different branches..Capcom USA just owns the Street Fighter IP because of its popularity in the West so Capcom USA wouldn't have to ask Capcom Co. Ltd. whenever they wanted to do a Tournament or Giveaway or something.)

If they got another one, it would definitely be another Mega Man character (like Zero..but he's already an AT), Chun-Li, or, more likely, Dante, an RE character, or Monster Hunter.

Bandai Namco
Yeah, I definitely agree that Lloyd Irving or Heihachi are the most likely. I don't see them picking anyone else.

Square-Enix
I definitely agree that a DQ rep is most likely.
Sora isn't Square-Enix though, regardless of how closely he is tied with their company due to them being the exclusive devs and creators of Kingdom Hearts..Disney owns it 100%

Sega
Bayonetta is completely owned by Sega, hence Platinum Games not being added to the Copyright Info on Smash 4 or Ultimate and the amiibo figures having (C)SEGA under them. Joker is a different sort of thing, technically he is a Sega character in the same way Kirby & Pikachu are Nintendo characters in that he's a 2nd Party character owned by said 2nd Party, in this case Atlus.

Koei Tecmo
Ryu Hayabusa seems to be the most likely character since he's quite well known due to both the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series..and I don't see them picking Kasumi or Ayane nor any Warriors characters.

SNK
I don't see any SNK characters happening.
My own picks for various companies..
Konami
With Metal Gear and Castlevania already represented and Bomberman as an AT, I don't see anyone from Konami being added.

Sega/Atlus
I think we're good for Sega characters with Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker..that said, some non-Fighter Pass Echo Fighter DLC could be fun with Jeanne and maybe Metal Sonic (since Shadow is an AT already)

Capcom/Capcom USA
We're pretty good for Capcom, though if more were added, I could see Chun-Li, Dante, Phoenix Wright, or an RE character.

Bandai Namco
Lloyd Irving or Heihachi..no other options seem more likely then they are.

Square-Enix
Dragon Quest seems the most likely, though I could see a toned down 2B as well..and maybe Zack Fair as an Echo Fighter for Cloud if they did an Echo Fighter DLC thing outside of the main Fighter Pass.

Disney
I could see Sakurai & Nintendo being able to get the rights to use Sora from Kingdom Hearts from Disney.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Never trust leakers in general.
They always find a way to hide behind our backs.
For all we know, some of those Erdrick leaks could be fake.
Of course they hide. They dont want dip****s bugging them 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom