• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Which was the best speculation era?
Brawl, Smash 4 or Ultimate?
I've only been around the internet for the Ballot segment of 4 and the entirety of Ultimate, You know what I'm gonna choose.

It's Ultimate. Everyone is here, Verge, Box Theory, Blog Theory, So many theories, Insiders all over the place, LoZ18, PolarPanda, Grinch Hoax, Blog Updates +
These "Smash Sitcom" things that were posted under Character Posts on Reddit, Etc. So many cool things took place I wish I could experience this again as Smash 6 likely won't live up to this.

D

Deleted member

Why would you stereotype Australians as bear wrestlers?
There's only drop bears here and they exclusively attack tourists.

I could understand if it was crocodiles or venomous snakes. Bears though? Nah.
As in the ‘Australians are tough’ stereotype.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The developer of the game Earth, known as ImGodDawg on Reddit, had the following to say:

“I wanted to build a free will simulation game for the entertainment of the folks up here. Though, unfortunately, it has been hard to watch from the start because somehow, people immediately started using their free will to restrict the other players.

While the mechanics of the game technically allow this, it makes for a boring watch. Perhaps I’ll patch in something to balance that strategy out so less people use it.

Oh, and be prepared for the imminent update, adding features like Sentient Corn.”

D

Deleted member

Do you want to hear something?
Mini mistakes can stack on.

Leaving "Brave" out has caused all of this Square drama.

To go even more extreme, the driver that made the wrong turn when Franz Ferdinand wanted to visit the bombed police officers in the hospital legit caused everything from 1914 to now.

You can thank that driver for making a wrong turn that we exist today.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spectacular Spider-Man definitely my favorite Superhero show overall. But it came out at such an awkward time. It deserved 5 seasons and a TV movie. Josh Keaton's the GOAT. And Greg Weisman's that dude.

Banger of a theme. SPEC-TACU-LAR SPEC-TACU-LAR SPIDER-MAN!

KMDP

Smash Legend
First off, your confidence in inside information.
Back in Earth version 2.5.0, it was leaked that the Earth was flat. People who had very high notoriety and credibility backed this, and when skeptics tried to claim otherwise, admins tended to ban them from the server for trolling.

As it turns out, the skeptics were right. Though, as it were, to this day, people still think the Earth is flat regardless of what happened.

Today, as we all play Earth 7.0.0, you must be wary of false rumors! Even if people of high stature in society believe, such as celebrities with large followings, you must not take it at face value!
The Earth hasn't been flat since Earth 0.5.3.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why I am at work while you all talk about some of my favorite show ever? :C

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Why would you stereotype Australians as bear wrestlers?
There's only drop bears here and they exclusively attack tourists.

I could understand if it was crocodiles or venomous snakes. Bears though? Nah.
As in the ‘Australians are tough’ stereotype.
Wait, do you guys know who Saxton Hale is?

I was referring to him, not Australians as a whole. :urg:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I see y'all growing up with Teen Titans, and I raise you Justice League.

Complete with badass opening:
Speaking of Static Shock, I loved when it would cross over with the other DC shows like Batman: The Animated Series, Superman and Justice League: Unlimited.

I didn’t find out until recent years that Static and John Stewart shared an actor. That is some vocal range.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There were so many jerks that fit that description I dont even know who you are talking about.

Was it DivineDiety? He was fun. I think that event made me famous for a while.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The developer of the game Earth, known as ImGodDawg on Reddit, had the following to say:

“I wanted to build a free will simulation game for the entertainment of the folks up here. Though, unfortunately, it has been hard to watch from the start because somehow, people immediately started using their free will to restrict the other players.

While the mechanics of the game technically allow this, it makes for a boring watch. Perhaps I’ll patch in something to balance that strategy out so less people use it.

Oh, and be prepared for the imminent update, adding features like Sentient corn.”
Bro there’s this guy called Son_of_g0d who’s breaking the game. Walking on water, turning water into wine, we gotta start patching these glitches.

D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob
I can not find the discussion, may you please link me to the part where you two talk?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Which was the best speculation era?
Brawl, Smash 4 or Ultimate?
I think Shroob Shroob puts it best here:
Brawl was probably 'the best' from a pure chaotic standpoint. Leak culture wasn't a thing until near the end.

Smash 4 was built around Gematsu early on and then ESRB for the 2nd half.

Smash Ultimate, well Vergeben, Box Theory and Grinch Hoax.
As someone around for Sm4sh and Ultimate Speculation, I can't really say which I enjoyed more.

Sm4sh revolved around Gematsu up until the very end when it lost footing. This was annoying for both people supporting and against Gematsu, as the people supporting it got tired of hearing others try to disprove it, and those against it disliked how stifling it was for speculation. Both sides were valid. Ninka/Vaanrose rose up towards the end and I remember the entire internet flocked here since both Ninka and Vaan were vetted by the Admins and posted here exclusively. ESRB was what it was. Thankfully we got Shulk to cement the ESRB leak 10 days after the initial post. I was young, and much more of a follower than I am now. I was a much larger character supporter as well, though thankfully I got all of the characters I wanted. Compared to Ultimate Speculation it was a lot more tame as a whole, but definitely not without some rough spots.

Ultimate on the other hand, was a lot more of a wild ride. On one hand, some things were leaked far in advance and other things weren't leaked at all, making for some exciting reveals, and I really made a name for myself in the community this time around. On the other hand, the Theory Wars (Nihilist Theory is still the best theory) and the Grinch Hoax truly brought out the worst of the fandom. I've never had to block anyone until those times, and the reveals themselves stoked the flames of hope within fans of many different characters, which is how the Grinch hoax was able to work so well. Maybe I got some of the brunt of it given how I argued against the popular vote (I advocated both for Box Theory and Team Fake), but no one should be treated as horribly as myself and others on this site were, and no one should be treated like how insiders were treated at the height of the Grinch hoax. That was truly the absolute worst of the Smash fanbase in all of my time here.

I'd have to say I enjoy Post-Ultimate Speculation best. It's been pretty chill for the most part, which is nice.
inb4 we get a huge DLC roster "leak" that sets everything on fire

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp plz, we don't wanna start a witch hunt.
I was just asking if it was him.

But now that I think about it, he was permabanned before the leaks wasnt he?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, Radioactive Spider-Man's the last vid I'm posting for now.

Another show I really like, despite the crazy fast pacing.

D

Deleted member

Bro there’s this guy called Son_of_g0d who’s breaking the game. Walking on water, turning water into wine, we gotta start patching these glitches.
I would say the opposite let's bring down the power to use that and harness it into the Sun creating real life Hamon and eventually Stands!

Let's spice it up with a little bit of JJBA action.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
From what I could tell from my sources, the developer gave that particular user admin rights.

D

Deleted member

I don’t even think a bear would last two days in Australia considering it’s fauna.
Only in the centre of Australia. Our urban and suburban areas are identical to that of any other country. It’d be the animal control that’d cause it harm.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’m pretty sure the flat earth rumors roared around long after the first release of the game.
Outside of the Joke time: I was actually referencing Pythagoras, who was the one who originally devised that the Earth is Round. He was alive in 6th Century BC, but there's no specific record of when he did it, so I went for the decade he founded his School of Philosophy 530 BC.
They're not glitches, Son_of_g0d is actually the son of the developer, and his Dad gave him special perks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m probably biased because it was my first, but Ultimate speculation was just fun. Yes it got incredibly, inconceivably annoying at many times. Especially around he grinch saga, but godammit it was hilarious.

Doesn’t hurt that I got who I wanted ;)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For real though. DivineDiety and I had an awesome debate. John Madden was there.

D

Deleted member

I think Shroob Shroob puts it best here:

As someone around for Sm4sh and Ultimate Speculation, I can't really say which I enjoyed more.

Sm4sh revolved around Gematsu up until the very end when it lost footing. This was annoying for both people supporting and against Gematsu, as the people supporting it got tired of hearing others try to disprove it, and those against it disliked how stifling it was for speculation. Both sides were valid. Ninka/Vaanrose rose up towards the end and I remember the entire internet flocked here since both Ninka and Vaan were vetted by the Admins and posted here. ESRB was what it was. Thankfully we got Shulk to cement the ESRB leak 10 days after the initial post. I was young, and much more of a follower than I am now. I was a much larger character supporter as well, though thankfully I got all of the characters I wanted. Compared to Ultimate Speculation it was a lot more tame as a whole, but definitely not without some rough spots.

Ultimate on the other hand, was a lot more of a wild ride. On one hand, some things were leaked far in advance and other things weren't leaked at all, making for some exciting reveals, and I really made a name for myself in the community this time around. On the other hand, the Theory Wars (Nihilist Theory is still the best theory) and the Grinch Hoax truly brought out the worst of the fandom. I've never had to block anyone until those times, and the reveals themselves stoked the flames of hope within fans of many different characters, which is how the Grinch hoax was able to work so well.

I'd have to say I enjoy Post-Ultimate Speculation best. It's been pretty chill for the most part, which is nice.
inb4 we get a huge DLC roster "leak" that sets everything on fire
I was not there at all during the Smash 4 experience, so it must of been a ride when Gematsu lost footing and ESRB came along.

I was there during the Ultimate speculation ( I remember that March direct where Ultimate was revealed, the direct exploded! ). The Grinch Leak was always annoying. I was always against the GL, and both sides were getting toxic. I am so glad the GL turned out to be fake, because this place would have been filled with unfunny Grinch jokes.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Nope.
But I’m assuming he’s a personification of Australian stereotypes anyway. :dazwa:
I guess he kind of is, now that I think about it. Though it's also funny, since in the universe he's from, Australia found a resource that rapidly advances their technology and makes them all as tough as Saxton (though he himself is ironically not affected by that resource).

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’m probably biased because it was my first, but Ultimate speculation was just fun. Yes it got incredibly, inconceivably annoying at many times. Especially around he grinch saga, but godammit it was hilarious.

Doesn’t hurt that I got who I wanted ;)
Smash Ultimate is the first game I've taken an active part in the speculation for.

AND I DIDN'T GET WHO I WANTED.
Some guys have all the luck.
All this time I thought Squid Girl was my gateway anime...but it was actually Teen Titans.

My gateway anime was Pokémon, Digimon and Dragon Ball Z.

Because I'm boring like that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom