• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
https://twitter.com/thepeekybird/status/1115121265881288704?s=19

Dont know if yall trust peekybird on twitter but they seem to be implying a direct this week. They've been right before on multiple occassions about things you wouldnt expect (ie. Joker in Smash) but have also swung and missed on things like the n64 classic and there being a 2nd direct in November.
Anyway. Hope its the case because its my birthday friday and i already know its gonna suck.

MainJPW

M.T.A
CN now would be too afraid to show Bubbles chopping off Fuzzy's leg with her own stubby arm.
His leg is magically reattached in the next scene after she’s done thrashing him.

Speaking of PPG, I always liked the lore that PPG and Gorillaz exist in the same universe.

Which eventually led to Ace becoming a full blown member recently.

I remember that there were quite a few series which had their pilots there, and layer on they aired some of them in their own slot around early 2000. Kids Next Door pilot was pretty close to the final show although 2, 3, 4 and 5 were a bit more goofy.
That kid and monkey pilot was weird. I remember that, that was Cartoon Cartoons. Grim and Evil and Robot Jones were the others.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
https://twitter.com/thepeekybird/status/1115121265881288704?s=19

Dont know if yall trust peekybird on twitter but they seem to be implying a direct this week. They've been right before on multiple occassions about things you wouldnt expect (ie. Joker in Smash) but have also swung and missed on things like the n64 classic and there being a 2nd direct in November.
Anyway. Hope its the case because its my birthday friday and i already know its gonna suck.
Nothing about this tweet implies the Direct is this week. The dude's just sayin' "Hey, Direct in April", which plenty of other people have also said already.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Suppose a Fate character and a Granblue character are getting considered for Smash, other than Artoria and Katalina. This has nothing to do with all the past Granblue talk. It's just a hypothetical. Who would you love to have, just based on personal bias, their looks, their personality, their toolkit, etc.?

I'll start things off with my choice characters, Morag Blanco Ilsa and Mordred. Hell, I'd love it if the latter got the Alph treatment along with Artoria.
__ilsa_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_minaba_hideo__6ff7a31007e34820efd9402be7a446b8.png

Mordred.png

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Suppose a Fate character and a Granblue character is getting considered for Smash, other than Artoria and Katalina. This has nothing to do with all the past Granblue talk. It's just a hypothetical. Who would you love to have, just based on personal bias, their looks, their personality, their toolkit, etc.?

I'll start things off with my choice characters, Morag Blanco Ilsa and Mordred. Hell, I'd love it if the latter got the Alph treatment along with Artoria.
View attachment 205773
View attachment 205772

Ilsa is good.

**** Mordred, she's spooked me twice.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Nothing about this tweet implies the Direct is this week. The dude's just sayin' "Hey, Direct in April", which plenty of other people have also said already.
My bad, misread it

D

Deleted member

His leg is magically reattached in the next scene after she’s done thrashing him.

Speaking of PPG, I always liked the lore that PPG amd Gorillaz exist in the same universe.

Which eventually led to Ace becoming a full blown member recently.

That kid and monkey pilot was weird. I remember that, that was Cartoon Cartoons. Grim and Evil and Robot Jones were the others.
Those were quite weird. I also remember that Dexter's Lab also had pilot episodes there, Dee Dee was more annoying then and artwork was a bit more loose.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay kiddos. Gather round. Get ready for some L O R E

Uncle Swamp is gonna tell you about the great Swamp vs Divine debate.

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

Finally he said one thing that the site just could not forgive...

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

All sympathy for him was lost.

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

But of course... I accepted.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. Moon Monkey Moon Monkey , Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal and Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. Johnknight1 Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

But a lone hero jumped in to take my place and argue for me.

I wanna say it was TheFirstPoppyBro TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

Opossum Opossum Arcanir Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Like huntsmen?

[not pictured due to "yikes": hunstman] :yoshi:
Huntsmen aren't actually dangerous.

They're just big and ****ing scary.

They always pop up when you least expect them which proves quite traumatising. I remember pulling down a car's sun visor once only for a huntsmen the size of the damn thing to be hiding behind the other side. Took a lot of effort to get back in the car.

D

Deleted member

Hear ye, hear ye, I have accrued one more years' worth of life on this planet, inexorably and tangibly inching closer to my demise.

View attachment 205770

Joyous salutations to you heathens.
Happy Happy Birthday!
You're closer to your death!
Inching Closer and Closer to your final breath!
Your brain or heart could give out at any moment and you suddenly die
So with that said let's celebrate while you're still here!
You're a cool dude and you're good at Smash so Hear Hear!

Happy Happy Birthday!
You're closer to your death!
There's no point in celebrating but oh freakin' well!
And Erdrick is in Smash cause he will sell!
Which is a game you're good at!
Happy Happy Birthday!

Yay!

Did I do it right?

Shroob

Sup?
.....ho-ly........****.

I had completely forgotten about this guy but, now I 100% remember him.

Holy ****, I was ****ing there. I witnessed this carnival of absurdity.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Dear lord... I apologize for using 4chan-speak but... that guy is the prime definition of the term "Burger". Imagine being this butthurt about the way a roster is organized (not conforming to your own tastes), let alone being a general bigot. Good riddance to the guy. I wish I was around to watch the whole thing unfold. I've gotta say, props to you guys!
Vergil_Smiles.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang, the FNAF and Undertale Lore got nothing on this one.

Make me wonder if I regret not being there... or not.

Shroob

Sup?
That's right.

I hadn't made an account yet but I had been lurking the site since Megaman's reveal at E3 that year. I remember that debate all too well.

D

Deleted member

Yep that person was awful I'm glad they're not around anymore, Seriously I wasn't around for then and even I can say that what they did was unforgivable.

Saying something that outrageous about how Lucas shouldn't be in Smash is unforgivable, Seriously what were they thinking?! Shame.

I kid the real disgusting thing is the whole bombing San Francisco thing. Shameful.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Well, I'm gonna be in a car for 30 combined hours this weekend. Anyone got any switch/3ds games they think could help pass the time?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The worst part is...

My debating skills sucked back then.

I cringe when I see my arguments from back then.

And people were poking fun at that the whole time.

RIP me.

Shroob

Sup?
The worst part is...

My debating skills sucked back then.

I cringe when I see my arguments from back then.

And people were poking fun at that the whole time.

RIP me.
We were younger then. That was almost six years ago, most of us were fresh out of high school by only a handful of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom