• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyways that brings up a thing I've always wanted to do and that was archive the entire Smash Speculation Cycle and everything in it from Brawl to Ultimate.

It may sound weird but I would like to look back at it one day and look down upon my experience and the entire experience of Smash as a fanbase.

All the ups and all the downs I want to know what this place has been through and document it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I'm gonna be in a car for 30 combined hours this weekend. Anyone got any switch/3ds games they think could help pass the time?
Celeste will burn your time away as well as your thumbs.

I also highly recommend Shin Megami Tensei 4 if you're into JRPGs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We were younger then. That was almost six years ago, most of us were fresh out of high school by only a handful of years.
I was mean back then.

Big oof on my part.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
All this talk about the past makes me think about the future and how we would tell stories about the grinch leak to the next generation. I don't believe there has been any leak that was as polarizing and as divisive as the grinch leak.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Celeste will burn your time away as well as your thumbs.

I also highly recommend Shin Megami Tensei 4 if you're into JRPGs.
Celeste is wonderful :)

I was also considering SMTIV, i just played through P5 and was curious about SMT.

D

Deleted member

So is there anything like a Brawl Social thread? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

All this talk about the past makes me think about the future and how we would tell stories about the grinch leak to the next generation. I don't believe there has been any leak that was as polarizing and as divisive as the grinch leak.
I will remember the joy of my Pokémon friend when he found that Incineroar got in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I couldn't sleep, but I also couldn't load the previous page. Can whoever embedded a million things edit their post (read: NOT just put them in spoiler tags)?

Shroob

Sup?
Hey Shroob Shroob , what inspired your username?
I've had it since I was a member of Nsider(1), the OG Nintendo Power forums.

The name's just kinda stuck for like, what, 15 years of being online now? All my friends call me it online and you'll usually find me under Shroob,or Dr.Shroob on other sites.

Yeah, I liked Partners in Time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The name's just kinda stuck for like, what, 15 years of being online now? All my friends call me it online and you'll usually find me under Shroob, Shroobful or Dr.Shroob on other sites.

Partners in Time was my first Mario & Luigi game.

I think that the last time I played the game I got stuck at the part where you fight as Baby Mario and Baby Luigi two mind-controlled Hammer Brothers, after seeing Mario and Luigi getting taken by some tubes.

I could never do damage to the Hammer Brothers for some reason.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I couldn't sleep, but I also couldn't load the previous page. Can whoever embedded a million things edit their post (read: NOT just put them in spoiler tags)?
So I got a little dramatic retelling Swamp vs DivineDiety...

I'll edit them out...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You seem to be a big Ace Attorney fan.

Take some advice from zen priest prosecutor butterfly man:

Let it go, and move on.jpg

D

Deleted member

BTW, are you going to document how everyone thought Sonic and Tails were in Melee? That was in 2002, and it was an April Fools prank by Electronic Gaming Monthly, claiming Sonic was unlocked by defeating over 20 enemies in Cruel Melee.
I'm gonna start with everything on Smashboards first then move onto past titles and stuff outside of Smashboards.

I'm just going about it in a very weird way so to answer your question Yes I will get around to it eventually, I'm not sure what order I'm gonna go at but I'll try to document the highlights for every game at the least.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Anyways that brings up a thing I've always wanted to do and that was archive the entire Smash Speculation Cycle and everything in it from Brawl to Ultimate.

It may sound weird but I would like to look back at it one day and look down upon my experience and the entire experience of Smash as a fanbase.

All the ups and all the downs I want to know what this place has been through and document it.
I've wanted to do something similar with the Ultimate speculation cycle (which would presumably be easier to document than previous speculation cycles due to happening in a shorter period). Like tracking all the major fake leaks, the few real ones, and the impact that had on what characters people thought were getting in (e.g. the rise and fall of certain characters like Spring Man, Decidueye and Captain Toad).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The worst part is...

My debating skills sucked back then.

I cringe when I see my arguments from back then.

And people were poking fun at that the whole time.

RIP me.
Your argument still ranks on the top half of arguments I've seen on this website though. Don't knock yourself too hard for it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So I got a little dramatic retelling Swamp vs DivineDiety...

I'll edit them out...
I think it was less that you posted the videos and more that everyone quoting you (except a couple like myself) neglected to edit them out.
Would if I could. :/ It's still crashing immediately. That usually means a lot of people quoted it, basically duplicating the post in the process. osby osby Any chance you can edit out the quotes?
Case in point.

D

Deleted member

Well...

His avatar is a Shroob from Mario and Luigi.

Probably that.
Uhh… SMOKEBOMB!
FA1E2CC2-2F57-48D8-9E3D-A25F1250D699.gif

The name's just kinda stuck for like, what, 15 years of being online now? All my friends call me it online and you'll usually find me under Shroob,or Dr.Shroob on other sites.

That’s pretty cool, I like Dr. Shroob.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'm gonna start with everything on Smashboards first then move onto past titles and stuff outside of Smashboards.

I'm just going about it in a very weird way so to answer your question Yes I will get around to it eventually, I'm not sure what order I'm gonna go at but I'll try to document the highlights for every game at the least.
Cool! Need a hand with any of the research? I was doing something similar at school a while back, along with a friend. I can try to find some highlights if you like :)

D

Deleted member

I've wanted to do something similar with the Ultimate speculation cycle (which would presumably be easier to document than previous speculation cycles due to happening in a shorter period). Like tracking all the major fake leaks, the few real ones, and the impact that had on what characters people thought were getting in (e.g. the rise and fall of certain characters like Spring Man, Decidueye and Captain Toad).
Oh definitely Ultimate will be a whole lot easier that said I'm thinking that since I'm at it why not document and highlight most of the important and overlooked thoughts from past Smash Cycles.

If you don't learn from the past you're doomed to repeat it and all of that.

Shroob

Sup?
Ahhhhh, speaking of...

Googling my oldest online handle brought up one of the best(most heartbreaking) moments of Smash Ultimate speculation...

VVTsQLQ0m7qbkt8VlPVGRri4y8Wn42TuGxZyzleZ6PM.jpg

I'M SORRY PREZ I STILL LUV U GURL

D

Deleted member

Cool! Need a hand with any of the research? I was doing something similar at school a while back, along with a friend. I can try to find some highlights if you like :)
If you'd like you can, I assume it's going to be a big project so I'll need all the help I can get.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't believe there has been any leak that was as polarizing and as divisive as the grinch leak.
certainly i doubt we'll ever have a leak again that results in actual death threats like the grinch leak did

hoo boy some of the stuff i got on reddit for suggesting it might not have been real

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
If theres gonna be a history of smash speculation, im very interested to see where the origins of obscure (Geno) and ridiculous (Goku) character fan bases come from.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

075.jpg

Best Mario and Luigi game and definitely deserves a Switch remake. Don't @ me.

That's a large task my friend.

Go for it.
Mind if I cover all of the notable leaks from Melee to Ultimate though? It's something I've wanted to write about for a while anyways. If you want to cover those instead be my guest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom