• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I've been considering hosting a Hunger Games myself, after all the others that have made the rounds recently.

However, were I to do one, I'd want it to be something special; considering the fact that Hunger Games simulators have been a dime a dozen in the past month.

Here's my idea, and keep in mind that this is, as of now, hypothetical:

Everyone who takes part chooses a party of representatives, though users in themselves cannot take part.
The representatives would have to be actual, individual characters, no concepts (i.e. "Sans" and "Shaggy", not "Default Dancing Sans" and "Ultra Instinct Shaggy"). Duplicate characters are also not allowed (e.g. if someone takes Sans, nobody else can have Sans).
At the end of each day, users select highlights (not necessarily deaths) that I would then draw.

The owner of the winning district gets a drawing of their characters.
I want to join.
My reps are Coco Bandicoot, Samus Aran, Susan Storm and Jet Jaguar.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You're lucky we aren't in the busy hours or you'd get multiple nominations while you were typing this.
And then I'd feel obliged to do it. :laugh:

Okay, Zinith Zinith , what are your nominees? I'll note them down now so that, should I choose to do this, you won't have to later.

Future proofing, you know, you might not be around when I open up nominations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, like I said, it's hypothetical.

I'll at least wait until KingofPhantoms is done with his last one.
I don't mind waiting.
It's better to let Phantom's HGs get completed before starting, since the chat will be easier to browse that way.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Okay, Zinith Zinith , what are your nominees? I'll note them down now so that, should I choose to do this, you won't have to later.

Okay then...

Yoshi
Boshi
Sobble
Riptor

These all fit your description, right? :yoshi:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

hypothetical nomination time? hypothetical nomination time.
  1. edea
  2. jane
  3. agnes
  4. miku
if reps per user were to be reduced because of popularity, prioritise the topmost character(s).

D

Deleted member

hypothetical nomination time? hypothetical nomination time.
  1. edea
  2. jane
  3. agnes
  4. miku
if reps per user were to be reduced because of popularity, prioritise the topmost character(s).
Oh, I had to consider the scenario where the reps-per-user had to be less for certain cases. I apologize.

In that case, basically the same as Panda.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hypothetically, I'd go...
Lena (due to dying right out of the gate last time rip)
Julian (because Lena's there)
Palla
Merric

Going for a full Archanea Squad. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny.

Both Captain Falcon and King Dedede have been part of "hates anime" jokes/memes.

Despite the fact that both have been in anime, in fact both were stars of their respective shows.
That's part of what makes it so funny. It's parodying people who hate the FE crew for being "too anime" despite the fact that many of them love a Japanese superhero who shouts out the names of his signature moves as he uses them.

It's ironic.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hypothetically, I'd go...
Lena (due to dying right out of the gate last time rip)
Julian (because Lena's there)
Palla
Merric

Going for a full Archanea Squad. :p
I note all these nominations down, and then wait until everyone's forgotten I said I'd do this, then spring it on people without warning.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Seriously, though, I wouldn't do that. :laugh: It'd be fun but even I'd probably forget.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, I would love to see a drawing of my favourite characters from my four favourite franchises together.

But to do so, I will have to work my way through for it (in this case by winning KMDP's Hunger Games when they happen).

Will ny track of good luck help me in this one? I don't know, but hopefully if it doesn't I will find other chances.

D

Deleted member

Okay kiddos. Gather round. Get ready for some L O R E

Uncle Swamp is gonna tell you about the great Swamp vs Divine debate.

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/173/173373.jpg?1554186862[/IMG] GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

Finally he said one thing that the site just could not forgive...

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

All sympathy for him was lost.

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

But of course... I accepted.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/50/50800.jpg?1535597359[/IMG] Moon Monkey , [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/48/48373.jpg?1542092534[/IMG] Smooth Criminal and [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/127/127613.jpg?1534203966[/IMG] Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/58/58001.jpg?1457643237[/IMG] Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/206/206610.jpg?1544150531[/IMG] Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

But a lone hero jumped in to take my place and argue for me.

I wanna say it was [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/203/203983.jpg?1538110363[/IMG] TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

Opossum Opossum Opossum Opossum [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/221/221709.jpg?1553571674[/IMG] Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
Wow. I was on other sites during the smash 4 period so I had no idea what was going on here, but this straight up sounds like a movie lol. Smash speculation can go to some crazy places.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That's part of what makes it so funny. It's parodying people who hate the FE crew for being "too anime" despite the fact that many of them love a Japanese superhero who shouts out the names of his signature moves as he uses them.

It's ironic.
The new F-Zero Medley in Ultimate makes the series seem even more "anime"

Honestly, if they want a least Japanese franchise, they're best going after Donkey Kong and Metroid (the latter of which did get a manga to be fair)

D

Deleted member

The new F-Zero Medley in Ultimate makes the series seem even more "anime"

Honestly, if they want a least Japanese franchise, they're best going after Donkey Kong and Metroid (the latter of which did get a manga to be fair)
Doesn't Pac-Man also lack animes?

I only remember Western cartoons from him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. @Moon Monkey , @Smooth Criminal and @Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. @Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, @Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

I wanna say it was @TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

Opossum Opossum @Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
Hey what the **** this site had someone say "884.363 people should be murdered" and didn't get permabanned? What the ACTUAL ****? That's ****ing terrorism

D

Deleted member

Ugh, this convo again?
I don't think anything bad happened here at the moment.

We were just talking about Smash characters who had anime like C.Falcon or Dedede.

Regarding animated Pac-Man stuff, I only remember Ghostly Adventures and the Hanna Barbera series.

I will browse Google to check if I miss something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey what the **** this site had someone say "884.363 people should be murdered" and didn't get permabanned? What the ACTUAL ****? That's ****ing terrorism
It was more implied then outright stated.

Besides, he got in BIIIIIIIIIG trouble because of it.

D

Deleted member

Yup, from what I've seen it doesn't look like Pac-Man ever had an anime.

But I know for a fact that he appeared in Kamen Rider at least.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

really bad things...

An official debate.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. @Moon Monkey , @Smooth Criminal and @Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. @Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, @Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

I wanna say it was @TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Opossum Opossum @Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
nintendo has a moral obligation to add jason bourne to smash so they can make more money, and also in subspace emissary mario should look directly into the camera and say "homosexuality is a sin". change my mind. wait, where are you going, debate me coward!! this is intellectual dishonesty! also im not mad, pleas dont say on the forum that i got mad

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well, the maximum is a 48 tribute roster of 4 per district.

So, four.
Hmmm, going by your rules, I'll chooooose...
-Phosphophyllite: "Phos" is the shortened version, and yes, I memorized the spelling of the Gem's full name. Bite me.
__phosphophyllite_houseki_no_kuni_drawn_by_cao_hong_anh__sample-fb6cbb1e5e450bb4ef42719f2cc50c74.jpg

Also, in case you're unsure of what gender Phos is supposed to be, they are canonically agender, but use male pronouns in the show (there's an in-universe explanation, but they are generally sexless/androgynous for other important reasons). For the sake of consistency and simplicity, refer to them as whatever gender you please. The real fans of the Houseki no Kuni fandom tolerate different gender usage, and as far as I recall, the HG simulator lacks an "Other" option when referring to agendered characters.
-Jack Frost: The Shin Megami Tensei version, mind you.
Jack the Magnificent.jpeg
-Captain Padraig: Can't forget about him!
DiE72F3U0AApoT8.png
-Eustace Bagge: Cue "MURIEL! MURIEL!? WHERE'S ME DINNER!?!" while the games are active.
Mr_Eustace_Bagge.jpg
If anyone picked any of these characters, I can just edit this comment and update it accordingly. Let me know if everything is fine.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my spirit animal is the dull, depressing smacking sound roy's sword makes when it whiffs at the tip

D

Deleted member

I will list every third party alongside the animes they have (mostly because I am bored and have this class free):

>Sonic: He has the OVA and Sonic X.
>Megaman: an OVA, NT Warrior, an X ova and a Star Force OVA (feel free to correct me if I missed something).
>Pac-Man: none.
>Ryu: Some anime movies based on games like Street Fighter 2 or 4.
>Cloud: Last Order Final Fantasy VII.
>Bayonetta: Bloody Fate (maybe I got the name wrong).
>Simon and Richter: I think none.
>Joker: Persona 5 The Animation.
>DQ Hero(Not official yet): The Dai anime.

Shroob

Sup?
Still, holy ****. That is NOT ok by any means at at. That **** is permaban worthy. Why does this site continue to prove that the staff can't do **** right. Goddamn
I've seen soo many right wing nuts that want California to sink into the sea because "muh homophobia" that it's almost become second nature to just 'expect' to read something like that.

Just like the edgelords who constantly say "Japan needed a 3rd bomb" all the time when they see something anime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Asking the death of full states or countries over a game is pathetic, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Mind if i join in if im not too late? (And if im missing something my bad ive been up all night)
Geno
Phoenix Wright
Goro Akechi *edited*
Mipha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom