• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I guess he kind of is, now that I think about it. Though it's also funny, since in the universe he's from, Australia found a resource that rapidly advances their technology and makes them all as tough as Saxton (though he himself is ironically not affected by that resource).
So, he’s like a super hero, but useless.

USELESS-MAN!!!!

Civilian: ‘Oh, save us Useless-Man!’

Useless-Man: ‘I’m on my way!’

Random Dude: ‘Nah, it’s cool.’
Lifts car off of woman

D

Deleted member

I was not there at all during the Smash 4 experience, so it must of been a ride when Gematsu lost footing and ESRB came along.

I was there during the Ultimate speculation ( I remember that March direct where Ultimate was revealed, the direct exploded! ). The Grinch Leak was always annoying. I was always against the GL, and both sides were getting toxic. I am so glad the GL turned out to be fake, because this place would be filled with unfunny Grinch jokes.
But the same thing could be said for Joker and "Never saw it coming" at least Grinch Jokes would've had more thought into it than saying a single line.

I get the joke it's just not funny and has become overused.

D

Deleted member

I remember I thought Ridley was not in, because I believed in Sakurai's quote on Ridley.
Oh how much of an idiot I turned out to be. I am glad I was wrong.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate is the first game I've taken an active part in the speculation for.

AND I DIDN'T GET WHO I WANTED.
Some guys have all the luck.

My gateway anime was Pokémon, Digimon and Dragon Ball Z.

Because I'm boring like that. :rolleyes:
I can relate to this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No really.

Opossum Opossum

Shall we tell the other of DivineDiety?

Because that was a big part of the Smash 4 speculation. At least for this community.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, he’s like a super hero, but useless.

USELESS-MAN!!!!

Civilian: ‘Oh, save us Useless-Man!’

Useless-Man: ‘I’m on my way!’

Random Dude: ‘Nah, it’s cool.’
Lifts car off of woman
A Super Hero whose only super power is unconciously empowering others to do the heroics.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No really.

Opossum Opossum

Because that was a big part of the Smash 4 speculation. At least for this community.
I mean I was just about to go to bed lol. But you definitely should. Teach this thread some L O R E. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do you want to hear something?
Mini mistakes can stack on.

Leaving "Brave" out has caused all of this Square drama.

To go even more extreme, the driver that made the wrong turn when Franz Ferdinand wanted to visit the bombed police officers in the hospital legit caused everything from 1914 to now.

You can thank that driver for making a wrong turn that we exist today.

Are you okay buddy?

Honestly. This post kinda worries me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No joke. The first time I watched Pulp Fiction, the biggest surprise was finding out that Phil LaMarr was in it. That's how much of an impression he made to me :yoshi:
Not as big of an impression as he made on the inside of Samuel L. Jackson’s car.

I’m so sorry.

But yeah I thought it was cool when I found out he was in that movie too.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
No really.

Opossum Opossum

I managed to find this user with a search of the site. The forum I was led to seemed a bit... intense. Saw some familiar faces, though.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the day Snake was revealed in Brawl I was shocked. I knew of Metal Gear but seeing him pretty much cemented what was the top reveal of all time, not only Snake was the first third party character in the game but one associated with Sony for a long time. Speculation had no limits now. Which made many hopeful of Sonic considering Sega and Nintendo rivalry as a kid and when he was revealed OH MY GOD! It also helps that my most wanted at that time got in (Ike), I even remembered filling a form for him back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Allright.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
You talk about these... "insiders".
The way you talk about them, it makes me think of a sacred cult with cloaks and stuff. XD
Do you think these insiders know about the upcoming DLC? Do you think they knew about Joker?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to remind people that Phil Lamar has both voiced the deep serious voice of Samurai Jack and the prettiest androgynous boy of all of Final Fantasy, Ramza Beoulve.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Allright.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
You talk about these... "insiders".
The way you talk about them, it makes me think of a sacred cult with cloaks and stuff. XD
Do you think these insiders know about the upcoming DLC? Do you think they knew about Joker?
Well, Tansuit's source is saying yes to Erdrick.

Most 'insiders' are currently agreeing that it's Dragon Quest, but afaik, there's nothing else rn.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Foster’s was rad, and hopefully I don’t even have to tell y’all how good Jack was.
Oh, I watched CN religiously since the late 90’s, even remember the “What a cartoon” PPG shorts from before it became a series:

(Always wondered why these episodes never re-ran. These were pilots lol)

I know how good they are. Don’t you miss the days of old? I miss the old days.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I managed to find this user with a search of the site. The forum I was led to seemed a bit... intense. Saw some familiar faces, though.
Care to share, even if it's in PMs? The best I found was a crummy wiki page detailing Swamp's debate.

It'd really be nice if places like the Smash 4 Leaks Group had been archived instead of straight up deleted.

To Cyn Cyn and Moydow Moydow I have to ask, why did the administration team delete those places instead of archiving them and allowing access? Was it an issue with site data? Did you not want people to remember the bitter toxicity and elitism of those areas?

I know a large majority of my posts were there and now they can't be found at all. My earliest viewable posts come from the Smash 4 Social Thread after the game's release, when I was here at least a couple of months before then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, I watched CN religiously since the late 90’s, even remember the “What a cartoon” PPG shorts from before it became a series:

CN now would be too afraid to show Bubbles chopping off Fuzzy's leg with her own stubby arm.

D

Deleted member

I remember that there were quite a few series which had their pilots there, and layer on they aired some of them in their own slot around early 2000. Kids Next Door pilot was pretty close to the final show although 2, 3, 4 and 5 were a bit more goofy.

D

Deleted member

Dunno why, but I like to feel old. Remembering those times make me feel that I've come a long way. Sm4sh was released during my first job, Brawl happened during my college days, Melee when I was in junior high and 64 when I was in elementary. I have seen and lived a lot of stuff that makes me happy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hear ye, hear ye, I have accrued one more years' worth of life on this planet, inexorably and tangibly inching closer to my demise.

View attachment 205770

Joyous salutations to you heathens.
Happy birthday, mate~ Hope the day treats you well.

D

Deleted member

As someone who learned a lot about what Swamp and Shroob are talking about second-or-thirdhand, it was pretty wild. I didn't start to hear things until toward the end, but I remember being really disappointed when I found out trophies were gone and spirits were enhanced stickers. What I DIDN'T know was the battle aspect, which was a relief after seeing it in the Direct. :p
Have spirits made up for trophies in your opinion?

D

Deleted member

Hear ye, hear ye, I have accrued one more years' worth of life on this planet, inexorably and tangibly inching closer to my demise.

View attachment 205770

Joyous salutations to you heathens.
Happy B-day mate! Hope Atlus finally decides to show anything of SMTV or hopefully announces a remake of Nocturne. (I hope we get a new entry from Devil's Summoner or at least HD versions of the Kuzunoha entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom