• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This place was a ****ing civil war.
All I know is there were two sides.
You either believe it, or you complained about it, because of "Photoshopped Little Mac", "Wario without a pupil", and a "thick line".
Good job to the ones who supported the ESRB leak.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Examples of classic Teen Titans episodes:

Starfire getting a visit from a member of another alien species who are racist towards Tamaraneans, and her struggle to deal with it when all her friends idolize him. Ultimately, it ends with the Teen Titans confronting him about it, and he leaves without ever changing, sending the message that not everyone can improve, but what's most important is standing up for yourself and your friends.

Cyborg getting the chance to relive what it's like to be in his fully human body, and having clear self-esteem issues when Starfire tells him "I prefer the original" and he responds "this is the original".

Any episode with Raven struggling with the demonic side of her while still trying to remain a hero.

Examples of Teen Titans GO! episodes:

Cyborg and Beast Boy eat too much junk food and their stomachs become sentient and start eating the town.

Raven has to win a tooth-eating contest against the Tooth Fairy. It is revealed in this episode that Raven likes the taste of teeth.

A quest to make a "Legendary Sandwich".

Shroob

Sup?
All I know is there were two sides.
You either believe it, or you complained about it, because of "Photoshopped Little Mac", "Wario without a pupil", and a "thick line".
Good job to the ones who supported the ESRB leak.
Humorously, the person who coined the "Photoshopped Little Mac" also started the "Music Theory" this cycle.

I take great joy in them being wrong due to them being such a ****ty person.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Starfire getting a visit from a member of another alien species who are racist towards Tamaraneans, and her struggle to deal with it when all her friends idolize him. Ultimately, it ends with the Teen Titans confronting him about it, and he leaves without ever changing, sending the message that not everyone can improve, but what's most important is standing up for yourself and your friends.

Cyborg getting the chance to relive what it's like to be in his fully human body, and having clear self-esteem issues when Starfire tells him "I prefer the original" and he responds "this is the original".

Any episode with Raven struggling with the demonic side of her while still trying to remain a hero.

Cyborg and Beast Boy eat too much junk food and their stomachs become sentient and start eating the town.

Raven has to win a tooth-eating contest against the Tooth Fairy. It is revealed in this episode that Raven likes the taste of teeth.

Even if you make the excuse that they’re just doing a comedy spinoff, how much comedy can you get from an episode where the characters literally just say “waffles” for 11 minutes?!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All you Teen Titans forgetting we had another dope DC Teenager show.

"Criminals, get twisted. Superhero gifted. Bell ring, I'm back at school. No body know what I do, OK. SUPER HERO STATIC SHOCK WHOOP WHOOP!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Dont forget the episode where Beast Boy and Cyborg say nothing but "waffles."

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Even if you make the excuse that they’re just doing a comedy spinoff, how much comedy can you get from an episode where the characters literally just say “waffles” for 11 minutes?!
I didn't list that example because it makes me angry just thinking about it.

D

Deleted member

I’ll speak to people sometimes who have quite a heavy Australian accent (mine’s more English) and I sort of cringe. Not nice. :C

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
First time they played this opening:

“Is this one of those Japanese anime’s?”

Not kidding. Confused the hell out of everyone I bet.
All this time I thought Squid Girl was my gateway anime...but it was actually Teen Titans.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
All you Teen Titans forgetting we had another dope DC Teenager show.

"Criminals, get twisted. Superhero gifted. Bell ring, I'm back at school. No body know what I do, OK. SUPER HERO STATIC SHOCK WHOOP WHOOP!"
Haven’t seen it growing up but I heard that show tackled some pretty heavy issues in a respectful way.

Sorry Swamp...

D

Deleted member

Which was the best speculation era?
Brawl, Smash 4 or Ultimate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

You forgot the TTG episode about 5 de Mayo; as a mexican that **** hurted me bad lol and overall was a mess.

On the Chad TT series, the Cyborg gets a virus episode iirc was pretty rad; it combined the comedy they had with seriousness and cleverness pretty well

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As someone who learned a lot about what Swamp and Shroob are talking about second-or-thirdhand, it was pretty wild. I didn't start to hear things until toward the end, but I remember being really disappointed when I found out trophies were gone and spirits were enhanced stickers. What I DIDN'T know was the battle aspect, which was a relief after seeing it in the Direct. :p

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I see y'all growing up with Teen Titans, and I raise you Justice League.

Complete with badass opening:

Shroob

Sup?
Which was the best speculation?
Brawl was probably 'the best' from a pure chaotic standpoint. Leak culture wasn't a thing until near the end.

Smash 4 was built around Gematsu early on and then ESRB for the 2nd half.

Smash Ultimate, well Vergeben, Box Theory and Grinch Hoax.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

KMDP

Smash Legend
Noipoi is like my brand now, so even if I changed my name it’d have to have Noipoi in it still. It’s too iconic.
My "brand" is my own goddamn name.

All because I'm terrible at coming up with Forum Names.
Megalovania, but with baby lullaby instruments.
Here you go.
Wait a second...

View attachment 205750

I JUST PASSED 50K LIKES LADS
Congratulations.

Gwen better watch out. You're coming for the top.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone remember Justice League Unlimited? To seven year-old me, it had the most epic intro in the world.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Brawl was probably 'the best' from a pure chaotic standpoint. Leak culture wasn't a thing until near the end.

Smash 4 was built around Gematsu early on and then ESRB for the 2nd half.

Smash Ultimate, well Vergeben, Box Theory and Grinch Hoax.
Ultimate was the best if you like watching car crashes

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Off-topic question, but what was the ESRB leak like for all of you?
Was it more discussed than the Grinch Leak?
From what I remember it wasn't as bad as the Grinch Leak in terms of animosity and toxicity, but it was definitely bad.

There were more people for it as it was exactly in line with the Ninka/Vaanrose leak that had been "out" for a while, but there was still a vocal bunch against it. That's where we got the legendary "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" argument among others, such as "Game&Watch's hand bleeds into Wario's Box" and "It looks like a Brawl Mod"

I was on #TeamReal from the start though. I know Brawl mods and none of them bar Project M were as fluid as those videos.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
First off, your confidence in inside information.
Back in Earth version 2.5.0, it was leaked that the Earth was flat. People who had very high notoriety and credibility backed this, and when skeptics tried to claim otherwise, admins tended to ban them from the server for trolling.

As it turns out, the skeptics were right. Though, as it were, to this day, people still think the Earth is flat regardless of what happened.

Today, as we all play Earth 7.0.0, you must be wary of false rumors! Even if people of high stature in society believe, such as celebrities with large followings, you must not take it at face value!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which was the best speculation era?
Brawl was the ultimate hype cycle. Sky was the limit and expectations were enormous.people expected everything.

Sonic being revealed broke the internet.

Smash 4 was much more logical, or it attempted to be. Arguments about pretty much everything. Especially vets.

Ultimate was the most chill. The double whammy of Ridley and EVERYONE IS HERE made us all thankful out of the gate.

Shroob

Sup?
From what I remember it wasn't as bad as the Grinch Leak in terms of animosity and toxicity, but it was definitely bad.

There were more people for it as it was exactly in line with the Ninka/Vaanrose leak that had been "out" for a while, but there was still a vocal bunch against it. That's where we got the legendary "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" argument among others.
God, you don't even know about the "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" guy.

I remember for years after Brawl came out how he'd non-stop talk about how "Third Party characters are ruining the 'purity' of Smash."

************ the **** is "The purity of Smash"? That sounds like you're trying to be racist without saying something offensive.:drshrug:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Does anyone remember Justice League Unlimited? To seven year-old me, it had the most epic intro in the world.
Yeah. It's not as dramatic as its predecessor, but it's just as badass in its own way

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Marvel and DC's shows were ****ing great! Well, most of them. TMNT 2003 was clean too.

I see y'all growing up with Teen Titans, and I raise you Justice League.

Complete with badass opening:
Justice League and JLU were that HEAT!!

Flash Banana.gif

The Flash was my favorite.

Noipoi

Howdy!
God, you don't even know about the "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" guy.

I remember for years after Brawl came out how he'd non-stop talk about how "Third Party characters are ruining the 'purity' of Smash."

************ the **** is "The purity of Smash"? That sounds like you're trying to be racist without saying something offensive.:drshrug:
Damn Third Parties Crossing the border...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First off, your confidence in inside information.
Back in Earth version 2.5.0, it was leaked that the Earth was flat. People who had very high notoriety and credibility backed this, and when skeptics tried to claim otherwise, admins tended to ban them from the server for trolling.

As it turns out, the skeptics were right. Though, as it were, to this day, people still think the Earth is flat regardless of what happened.

Today, as we all play Earth 7.0.0, you must be wary of false rumors! Even if people of high stature in society believe, such as celebrities with large followings, you must not take it at face value!
I like that the version numbers reference how many billions of people were around at the time.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom