• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If you could trade lives with a video game character, who do you pick?

Me, I’d go with Bayonetta
I feel like there's a really understated can of worms this kind of question opens up.

One day you wake up in the body of someone you at best vaguely understand the life of, and more than likely someone in constant mortal danger. Meanwhile by implication of the phrase "trade lives" that individual now wakes up in your body, and while likely not as socially maladjusted as fanfic would make the scenario of being thrown into a normal day to day life to be is probably going to be very confused and unhappy and suddenly everyone in your old life notices "you" acting like a complete mess.

I feel like this has some similar vibes to the "what video game world would you like to live in" question but a whooole lot worse.

The only character I can immediately think of I'd actually be willing to try out this kind of trade on would be an Animal Crossing Villager simply because I can get away with doing almost nothing in my life and be happy with the worst danger being screwing with a scorpion or a jellyfish if I'm some kind of idiot, meanwhile back in my body you've suddenly got a pretty quiet and amicable person rapidly doing all the chores around the house before proceeding to bake cookies for all the neighbors.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon Idon

Did you just legit taunt me in the middle of a battle?

OK, then.
Actually, it was really high level mind-game I was trying to play.

See, I wanted to do the "HRAAAAAUGH" taunt where he held out his sword, due to its similar starting animation to Ike's FSmash.
I was baiting with a fake FSmash that I knew you were going to see coming, at which point you would try to airdodge behind me to avoid that attack.
Then, while you were still in endlag from the air-dodge I would cancel out of that taunt and do an ftilt in the other direction to catch you off guard and kill you.

...But then I pressed the wrong taunt button and then you SD'ed so I guess it kinda worked out in the end?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't believe Araki thought 4 Parts ahead

He did a big thonk
Unsure if sarcasm but it's a doujin by CLAMP
Wait seriously? JoJo is so weird I can't tell if something was in the Manga or not at times.

I thought it might've been a mistranslation by a fan or something like the Beautiful Duwang.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
He did a big thonk

Wait seriously? JoJo is so weird I can't tell if something was in the Manga or not at times.

I thought it might've been a mistranslation by a fan or something like the Duwang thing.
Nope, it's a doujin by the people who made Cardcaptor Sakura of all things.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
common ****ing sense tells you its not official if you know anything remote about the plot

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I said that my most recent compliment shout out list that I posted earlier would be the last one

Well, I lied.

Blargg888 Blargg888 , SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , DarkAuraful DarkAuraful , @ShotoStar, Roberk Roberk , Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , -crump- -crump- , Coricus Coricus , QuiqueST QuiqueST , Pokechu Pokechu , Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , everyone on my other 3 lists, and anyone else I missed. Y'all are nice people, and you spice the forums up in many ways.
Y'all are great. Keep being yourselves...

Though for real this, time. This'll be my last one.

Anyways, gotta get to bed soon. See y'all in the morning

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope, it's a doujin by the people who made Cardcaptor Sakura of all things.
Okay that's strange and pretty hilarious at the same time like, Why?
common ****ing sense tells you its not official if you know anything remote about the plot
And two, I haven't seen Part 3 or Watched Part 3 ever since they adapted the Manga and I thought it might've been an inaccurate Fan-Translation, My apologies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And two, I haven't seen Part 3 or Watched Part 3 ever since they adapted the Manga and I thought it might've been an inaccurate Fan-Translation, My apologies.
he cant have a gay baby if hes ****ing dead

Shroob

Sup?
Okay that's strange and pretty hilarious at the same time like, Why?

You ask why.

Japan retorts with "Why not?"

D

Deleted member

he cant have a gay baby if hes ****ing dead
That's true, He's deader than that bowl of Caesar Salad.

My thought process was that someone who had no idea of how to speak Japanese or someone who had very poor knowledge of the Japanese language translated it and I forgot a mini-arc from Part 3 from the Anime/Manga, Apparently I'm just an idiot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random question. What if it wasn't Erdrick that they revealed as the next DLC character this month and rather it was Banjo. How thrilled would you guys be or how would you react?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random question. What if it wasn't Erdrick that they revealed as the next DLC character this month and rather it was Banjo. How thrilled would you guys be or how would you react?
Well everyone would be wrong in saying SE is #2...

after being fooled into thinking SE is #1.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like there's a really understated can of worms this kind of question opens up.

One day you wake up in the body of someone you at best vaguely understand the life of, and more than likely someone in constant mortal danger. Meanwhile by implication of the phrase "trade lives" that individual now wakes up in your body, and while likely not as socially maladjusted as fanfic would make the scenario of being thrown into a normal day to day life to be is probably going to be very confused and unhappy and suddenly everyone in your old life notices "you" acting like a complete mess.

I feel like this has some similar vibes to the "what video game world would you like to live in" question but a whooole lot worse.

The only character I can immediately think of I'd actually be willing to try out this kind of trade on would be an Animal Crossing Villager simply because I can get away with doing almost nothing in my life and be happy with the worst danger being screwing with a scorpion or a jellyfish if I'm some kind of idiot, meanwhile back in my body you've suddenly got a pretty quiet and amicable person rapidly doing all the chores around the house before proceeding to bake cookies for all the neighbors.
Wow. You took this in a way no one else did.

D

Deleted member

*Shrug* Okay, The Square rep is still going to be Erdrick so it's not like it effects my Predictions.

Pretty cool but it's not like it came out of nowhere.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You have about double the posts I do.

It follows that, given the quality of your posts, you would have more likes.
:)
I probably have the better likes/post ratio tho we at 4.104 baybee
My like-to-post ratio is 2.78. As of this writing, I need 2,390 likes to get my ratio up to 3.

Before anyone says anything, I happen to keep a calculator by my side for when I need to do scaling calculations for artistic purposes, and this kind of calculation is super easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom