• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

i am this close to shelling out my 3 jahcoin for this dumb forum just to get a bigger sig and a pretty little title

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously, though, big thanks to all the admins who helped me out with this admittedly unimportant issue. It was just something I asked about on a whim, I didn't expect anything to actually come of it.

Y'all are the best, for real.
I am always happy to help. That is literally the main reason I ever got on staff in the first place. I'm glad you were able to get the change you hoped for. All the credit should go to Warchamp7 Warchamp7 . :)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I am always happy to help. That is literally the main reason I ever got on staff in the first place. I'm glad you were able to get the change you hoped for. All the credit should go to Warchamp7 Warchamp7 . :)
franziska-bow.gif

You were the first one to respond to my request, so even if Warchamp put in the leg work, you deserve credit as well.

As does Moydow Moydow , for also being willing to help me on a whim.

All y'all are the best. We got a good admin team on this site.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
LGBTQ+ characters are no more forced than CisHet characters.

They only seem "forced" because of how heteronormal the media we consume has been. If something breaks the status quo then yeah, there's gonna be a reaction like that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
ok so ya wanna write good lgbt rep huh

step one
don't write them as representation blocks

a lotta straight people do this but it's stupid

look at homestuck for example. preeeetty sure there's not a single straight person in that entire goddamn webcomic but it doesn't seem like pandering bc it's not. basically if you're gonna write gay people make them normal characters yeah

just like in real life just because they like chicks or ***** doesn't mean that they're any different then others

step two

sorry i need to come clean that was the only step in the process i misled you guys
Don't worry about that, fay. I already understand all the steps.

The deuteragonist of my story is a lesbian, but I don't have any interest in making that the core of her character (besides the fact that... you know... she has a girlfriend...); I just want to make her a happy-go-lucky, scrappy girl who likes to help people who happens to also be into girls.

I also have a lot of bisexual characters but that's because it's hot of narrative convenience... yeah.
MY FINAL FORM HAS BEEN ACHIEVED

WITNESS MY TRUE POWER
Hinata sees all.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh, sweet, I got an email about my name change. Lemme check it!

smashboards name.PNG

Awww... That's not the name I wanted...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
D

Deleted member

I'm drawing and uuuugh why is it so hard to proportion a Human correctly it's so dumb. I'm not even doing anything difficult it's just that the Neck, Head and Hair are a pain in the ***.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The problem is then, with the people who are currently writing the stories we consume, we will probably never get more than the barest amount of representation.

It's a very hard issue for me, because I want more trans characters, but there's no way to do that without wither forcing creators to do it or forcing them out of jobs.
Then be the change you want to see in the world and fill that niche. If you can write an interesting story and interesting character who is also transsexual, then it's people like you are the ones to write those stories.

Most stories told today don't particularly represent me, either, but I'm not going to complain about or criticize the people the people writing them, as though just because they aren't pandering to or representing me, they're bad at their jobs. Because their job is simply to tell whatever stories they're inspired to write. I'm not entitled to having them write something based on whatever demographic I belong to. It's not their responsibility to compromise their vision or beliefs just to appeal to my demographic or politics.

Also, there are ways to relate to people besides just their sexuality. That kind of thing isn't emphasized frequently because it's a rather thin character trait, all things considered. If a character's main and most prominent trait is that they're transsexual or something, that doesn't work. Because no person's main trait is their sexuality. There's other traits and personality elements that are more prominent, more interesting, and define who people are.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Congrats on getting your name change BTW, its way easier to tag you now Hinata Hinata
That's the main reason I wanted the change. My old username was still just basically Hinata, but the Japanese quotes made it hard for people to @ me and get my attention.

So now, here I am.

D

Deleted member

Have y'all ever thought to yourself "man, I just wanna be like Rolf from Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy", cause some of these youth needs to know that the soil knows all and that it speaks to me, man.

Screenshot (1005).png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, sweet, I got an email about my name change. Lemme check it!

View attachment 204401

Awww... That's not the name I wanted...
I wonder what Cyndane changed the original Hinata to.
----------------------------------------------------
Also, a user changing their name to the name of one of the Aegis' and drawing art of her? Where have I heard that before?

KMDP

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

Also, while on the topic, I'll admit it's sometimes not easy to clearly show that a character is trans in the work itself, especially if it's a setting where such terminology doesn't exist. Sometimes I wonder what would be the best way to handle these sort of reveals in a casual way since my story isn't focused on LGBT themes even if the entire main cast is LGBT, and it's easier to handle sexuality because attraction is something that can come up naturally in friendly conversations or due to the character having a partner.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ah, yes. "Unstoppable".

Hobbling around because pebbles in your shoe are really uncomfortable.

"Hinata New Coke"?
"Hinata Not Cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom