• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright guys, time is running out for me, but I just want to let you know that, while I don't think I post more than usual, I will make sure to come here and there and post a bit more often if I feel like I can add something good to the conversation.

That all being said,
8d0.gif

See ya next time.:lick:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m socially awkward, but I’m smart but I’m not experienced, I’m kinda clueless, I’m always in my own head, I have no idea what to say sometimes, I’m lazy, and I’m pretty weird.

If there’s one thing I gotta compliment myself on it’s my optimism. Holy ****, it confounds me how optimistic I am. I’ll be honest, I got hit with some wicked heavy stuff last year, the kinda stuff that destroys families, but what did I do? I picked myself up and kept moving. And I swore that I’d let nothing get in the way of my dreams. That’s a promise I intend to keep.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Never really self-complimented myself before, but okay. I'll give it a shot.

You are a fighter. Your depression and low self-esteem may weigh you down at times, but you always get up even when you don't really want to. You are creative, constantly coming up with ideas for stories and making the characters within realistic. You have a big heart, having compassion for and empathizing with other people even if you don't necessarily agree with them. You have potential to do something with your life, so keep your chin up and never stop trying to improve yourself for the better.

That's uh...all I got. Did I do okay?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I refuse to compliment myself... sorry but it's not my style.

The only thing I can say about me is that I had the courage to keep Kirby as my main even in Melee... that's it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Never really self-complimented myself before, but okay. I'll give it a shot.

You are a fighter. Your depression and low self-esteem may weigh you down at times, but you always get up even when you don't really want to. You are creative, constantly coming up with ideas for stories and making the characters within realistic. You have a big heart, having compassion for and empathizing with other people even if you don't necessarily agree with them. You have potential to do something with your life, so keep your chin up and never stop trying to improve yourself for the better.

That's uh...all I got. Did I do okay?
I’m proud of you.

D

Deleted member

I would like to thank all of my 62 followers by the way, they are super epic.

D

Deleted member

No but really.

I’ve had an incredibly sheltered lifestyle, no friends, no real experiences, etc. I was always afraid that when the time came I wouldn’t be able to make any friends, because I never learned how, because I was too weird. You’ve shown me otherwise.

Technically “Noipoi” is a character. Whenever I get all “Golly gee howdy woopsy soo” that’s me playing the character. But the character is me, I’m simply exaggerating certain traits about my self to be funny or to make someone happy. And the fact that you all seem to like me really...well it confuses me. I’d spent so long positive that I was too far gone for friendship, I’m still not entirely sure what to think about this. But I do know this.

From the deepest pits of my heart, thank you. For putting up with me, for encouraging me, for laughing at or with me, for being my friends.
Why you gotta make us tear up like that smh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Self complimenting? Ok. I’ll give it a go.

You are a beautiful, intelligent, creative young woman with a heart of gold. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise or try to take that away.

D

Deleted member

Noipoi, I’m gonna be honest:

If you lived in Gran Canaria, I would go to meet you an offer to live in my house.
It may sound extreme, but I am serious. You are that great of a person for me, and I will always try to make you as happy as possible.
What is Gran Canaria like? I heard it is part of Spain.
It must be a nice place!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright so my compliment posts are getting cut short. My brother's having a panic attack so I need to go get him from work and take him home. But here's a list of the people off the top of my head that I'd love to compliment:

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos PsySmasher PsySmasher Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Idon Idon Cyn Cyn osby osby @ryumo Luigi The President Luigi The President Ultomato Ultomato Noipoi Noipoi Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ MainJPW MainJPW NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei SneakyLink SneakyLink Just a penguin Just a penguin ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @JDCabrera @faygoshill Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas NineS NineS Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Alternis Alternis SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Pokechu Pokechu Iridium Iridium

And many more I'm sure. You all are great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright so my compliment posts are getting cut short. My brother's having a panic attack so I need to go get him from work and take him home. But here's a list of the people off the top of my head that I'd love to compliment:

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos PsySmasher PsySmasher Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Idon Idon Cyn Cyn osby osby Luigi The President Luigi The President Ultomato Ultomato Noipoi Noipoi Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ MainJPW MainJPW NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei SneakyLink SneakyLink Just a penguin Just a penguin ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @JDCabrera @faygoshill Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas NineS NineS C Cinderblock Pokechu Pokechu Iridium Iridium

Aww thank you!
I hope things go allright with your brother!

KMDP

Smash Legend
*wakes up an sees 5 mentions*

Oh boy, I wonder what's going on.
Ok, I’m preparing this post for the moment the 10 minutes of lies are over:

> osby osby is a great user for me and I am glad to see him as a mod.
>I relate a lot with Noipoi Noipoi many times and always hope for the best to him.
> SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 makes a lot of great fan-plots and concepts, and i enjoy reading them whenever they want to show me it.
> @Onereasonanddone is a person who always brings a smile to my face.
> I would not share my love for Dragon Quest here if I didn’t have the support of @Teeb147 , @Bolderousness @NomadLuminary and more people at the Erdrick thread, I will always be glad to have known them.
> @GothFluttershy may have his moments, but I know deep inside that he is a good person, and hope that life goes good for him.
> staindgrey staindgrey has been so cool to me, that I want to get into Resident Evil just to make him smile.
> @Dyllybirdy is one of the first users I met here, and while he may not think so, I am always wishing good stuff happening to him.
> Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming is a person who I admire, and I will always try to support her in any time I am able to.
> @papagenos is probably one of the best youtubers when it comes to Smash speculation.
> @Professor Pumpkaboo and KMDP KMDP are people who I really look forward to play with the moment I pick DQB2.

Sadly, I couldn’t add a lot of people, either because I have my time limited or because I can’t remember their names right. But I just wanted to take these thoughts out.
KMDP KMDP osby osby and @Zabadoo were the first people who were really cool to me before I became popular around here, so thanks for that. You guys are rad.
Keep drawing Kmdp.

Hinata too, but I can’t @ her.
> KMDP KMDP and Mythra are some of the best artists I've ever seen and they're super duper cool, They make me want to get better with Drawing and Art to the point that they're an inspiration for me to improve. KMDP is such a cool, kind and Chill person and I totally respect them and their art skills. Mythra is also a very cool, kind and Chill person whom I have a ton of respect for and the two make me want to improve my art skills.
Compliment post #7:

KMDP KMDP you and I agree on basically every media we talk about, so I'm biased. But you're an open-minded thinker and a giver of your time, two traits that are sorely lacking in today's day and age. When you drew me something out the blue just to be nice, it made my day, and I've been excited to see every new work of yours not only to see your progress but also to see who else you'll make happy with that little bit of effort put into making something they'll like. You're even keeled in every conversation that pops up, always taking the high road and keeping things light and jovial. The thread is better with you in it.
KMDP KMDP your wholesome take on some of the more derailed topics on this thread are always a very welcome Change of pace.
:sadeyes:
Well, this wasn't something I was expecting, but it got my day off to a good start.

If I can just take a moment to make a blanket reply.

This year I've spent on the boards has been one of the best years of my life, and I wouldn't change a moment of it. Just being here has made me a happier person and if I've improved someone else's experience just by being me, then that's all I could ask for.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*pats self on the back*
I need to suggest this happen more often. Seems like everyone’s very happy right now for the most part.

D

Deleted member

I have broken free from the Illuminati!

We are all being controlled by the Illuminati Illuminati !

All of our countries' leaders? Do not matter.

Everything we know is a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I refuse to compliment myself... sorry but it's not my style.

The only thing I can say about me is that I had the courage to keep Kirby as my main even in Melee... that's it.
I can think of nothing else that deserves more respect than that, TBH.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Compliment post #3:

Diem Diem I love all your multi-paragraph posts. I love when you speak on a topic because you only know how to go deep on a topic. You bare your every thought on it and generate new thoughts in those who read them almost by osmosis. You're the kind of guy I could go to a bar with and talk so much that we only order one drink and suddenly it's 2:30am and we're getting kicked out. The ability to communicate so much and yet still be stimulating with each new sentence is a wonderful trait to have, and I'm glad that someone so open-minded and kind is the one to have it.
This warmed my heart, thank you very much :grin:

As a writer, I've just sort of learned to think about everything critically and comprehensively over time, I suppose. I guess I do only know how to go deep on a topic. Don't know why. Maybe it's because I've spent so much of my time alone, so I've spent most of it in contemplation, only to then have too much to say when I do speak to others.

I don't do much drinking, though--I'm 22 and haven't had much in over a year. Also I'm somewhat allergic to some forms of alcohol, oddly enough, which complicates things further. And I've never been to a bar, mostly because I've never had reason to or anyone to go with. But I'm not opposed to the idea, provided I figure out my allergy :dizzy:

I'm actually a little self-conscious about my... wordiness. In writing, they always tell you to be concise, and sometimes with me that's an issue. I know what I write is long, but at the same time, I guess it's just my style? But "style" is a weak, insubstantial defense. Yet my professors have all seemed to give my work very good marks over the years, to the point that one of them uncharacteristically offered me a teacher assistant position with him for a couple semesters, so I suppose that's validating.

And thank you again for calling me open-minded and kind :grin: Though I have reason to believe that if anyone in this thread knew me more personally, I wouldn't be as liked. Can't say for sure.

I'd do a compliment post right now, too, but between having somewhere to go soon, and me not spending as much time here as most people, and thus not getting too much of a chance to get to know everyone, I'd be worried of leaving people out or not having things to say for certain people. Oh well, we'll see when I get back.

Diem Diem has provided valuable insight into the world of script writing that I’m sure will come in handy
Thank you, too! :grin:

I can share some more coming in tonight if anyone's interested. I was up until past 2 A.M. last night reading this girl's 159 page pilot script, because I figured if anyone wrote something that long, it had to have a purpose. And, well... this sums up my feelings:

I'm about to pick up and head to class, where my professor will give his insight and feedback on it, and I can already predict most of what he's going to say. But what strikes me is that this script apparently went through three or four revisions--and came out longer each time. I'll say this: the length was not necessary, though it wasn't evident to me until I finished reading. Because as someone who, as I said, has trouble with the length of their own work sometimes, I couldn't make judgments about what to cut until I understood the overall plot and premise.

Sometimes, in the process of writing something, it's easy to have a bunch of unnecessary things in it that bloat the work, but you don't always see it until you're finished, and then afterwards you revise and cut things down. Happened to me with my one video script back in December. But I don't know how she managed to keep adding more to an already super long script. My script is 84-85 pages, so still long, but I wouldn't think of adding any more than maybe a single, small scene at this point, because it already accomplishes everything rather efficiently, I believe. We'll see what the professor has to say in a week.

Though there were some other major flaws with her script, too. I tried to keep an open mind and objective view throughout, but, very weirdly, at almost exactly the halfway point the script's quality inexplicably dropped like a brick--dialogue, plot, action, everything. Before that point, there was actually a lot of craft and entertainment on a moment to moment basis, so I was somewhat invested. The only major issues I had in the first half was that it was paced more like a movie, some of the logic wasn't clear, and there was a lot of buildup to incredibly tame and cliche pranks. It's better written than most of the other scripts we've had in class, but... I have such mixed feelings about it.

Very curious to hear my professor's thoughts, and if anyone else is interested, I'll report some of his and mine later.

D

Deleted member

No but really.

I’ve had an incredibly sheltered lifestyle, no friends, no real experiences, etc. I was always afraid that when the time came I wouldn’t be able to make any friends, because I never learned how, because I was too weird. You’ve shown me otherwise.

Technically “Noipoi” is a character. Whenever I get all “Golly gee howdy woopsy soo” that’s me playing the character. But the character is me, I’m simply exaggerating certain traits about my self to be funny or to make someone happy. And the fact that you all seem to like me really...well it confuses me. I’d spent so long positive that I was too far gone for friendship, I’m still not entirely sure what to think about this. But I do know this.

From the deepest pits of my heart, thank you. For putting up with me, for encouraging me, for laughing at or with me, for being my friends.
Ouch right in the feels.

You're a shining beacon of friendship and positivity around here and you mean a lot to us Noipoi so of course we'll put up with you! It isn't even putting up with you it's genuinely liking you for you! You're one of the best Users here and you bring a smile to my face every time you post so thanks for being here Noi!

We all really like and appreciate you.

D

Deleted member

Me at SmashBoards:

/give @a hugs 64

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ok, I’m preparing this post for the moment the 10 minutes of lies are over:

> osby osby is a great user for me and I am glad to see him as a mod.
>I relate a lot with Noipoi Noipoi many times and always hope for the best to him.
> SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 makes a lot of great fan-plots and concepts, and i enjoy reading them whenever they want to show me it.
> @Onereasonanddone is a person who always brings a smile to my face.
> I would not share my love for Dragon Quest here if I didn’t have the support of @Teeb147 , @Bolderousness @NomadLuminary and more people at the Erdrick thread, I will always be glad to have known them.
> @GothFluttershy may have his moments, but I know deep inside that he is a good person, and hope that life goes good for him.
> staindgrey staindgrey has been so cool to me, that I want to get into Resident Evil just to make him smile.
> @Dyllybirdy is one of the first users I met here, and while he may not think so, I am always wishing good stuff happening to him.
> Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming is a person who I admire, and I will always try to support her in any time I am able to.
> @papagenos is probably one of the best youtubers when it comes to Smash speculation.
> @Professor Pumpkaboo and KMDP KMDP are people who I really look forward to play with the moment I pick DQB2.

Sadly, I couldn’t add a lot of people, either because I have my time limited or because I can’t remember their names right. But I just wanted to take these thoughts out.
If it’s nice wholesome respect hours than I wanna say that Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming inspires me a whole lot and she’s a really really amazing fren even if we’ve almost never spoken :D
@Moydow : The best tyrant in Smash Bros, and a super fun user to be around. Destroying bigots and teaching important lessons. I hope Etrian Odyssey comes to the Switch, just for them.

Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming : A very nice woman who is very friendly to me, and I hope she gets the body she wants and she finds a way to solve things with her mom. She is super nice, and I wish to be nice, just like her.

Pyra Pyra : A nice person of integrity and they seem that they could lead a business. They try to stir the thread into the right direction, and I feel like they would make a good leader.

staindgrey staindgrey : Aha, really fun user to be around. I never met a good Resident Evil fan like you. If Jill ever gets in Smash, I will think of you and how happy you are. Also, your Corrin improved dramatically.

Just a penguin Just a penguin : Aha, you are different from the other penguins. If only the others learned from you, because you should be the leader of the penguins. I like your sense of humor.

@Schnee117 : They are really fun to be around, and I like them. They made some good builds in our Minecraft Realms, and they have a good sense of humor.

@faygoshill : My kin. Really funny person who also has a solid wolf. He also destroys the bigots, and he is an ally.

@「Hinata」 : You are an interesting user in a good way. You got a sense of humor, you have those cool gifs, and you just want everyone to have a good time. I hope we meet more!

@ClaTheBae : You are such a funny person to be around, and I admire the fact that you are willing to do wacky stuff like make videos about you reading "Two Lemons". You also participate in destroying bigots.

Noipoi Noipoi : He is so likeable and funny. It is awesome to him around! He never holds a grudge against any users, and I heavily appreciate that.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei : I met him since the very beginning, and he is such a nice user. He just wants everyone to be happy, and I hope he gets the job he wants.
I... I don't know why I'm being complimented so much but thank you all for your kind words <3

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos PsySmasher PsySmasher Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Idon Idon Cyn Cyn osby osby Luigi The President Luigi The President Ultomato Ultomato Noipoi Noipoi Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ MainJPW MainJPW NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei SneakyLink SneakyLink Just a penguin Just a penguin ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @JDCabrera @faygoshill Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas NineS NineS Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Alternis Alternis SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Pokechu Pokechu Iridium Iridium

Whoa, that's not good at all! I hope your brother is going to be alright. Good luck and be sure to give us an update on his wellbeing. Drive safely and tell your bro I give him my regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom