• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
If you can't compliment yourself, it's fine. It can be tough for anyone and you shouldn't feel pressured for doing so. However, it doesn't hurt to give yourself credit every now and then; even if you consider what you did to be a small feat. Small steps can go a long way if you give yourself the opportunity.

D

Deleted member

Apologies, I'm not very good at complimenting people haha.
Alright so my compliment posts are getting cut short. My brother's having a panic attack so I need to go get him from work and take him home. But here's a list of the people off the top of my head that I'd love to compliment:
Oh I'm really sorry about your brother. Hope he gets better soon, good luck!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not good at giving individual compliments because I worry I'll forget people I truly care about but I wanted everyone here to know that you're the best, and let no one tell you otherwise.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you can't compliment yourself, it's fine. It can be tough for anyone and you shouldn't feel pressured for doing so. However, it doesn't hurt to give yourself credit every now and then; even if you consider what you did to be a small feat. Small steps can go a long way if you give yourself the opportunity.
I feel as if I keep complimenting myself, I'll grow an ego, but yeah, it's always nice to acknowledge when you did something great.

If only it was as easy to not keep kicking myself whenever I feel down.

D

Deleted member

See? This is why I said y'all should compliment yourselves every once in a while. Because now everyone who's doin' it thinks it's the hardest goddamn thing to do. We're so used to complimenting other people, that when we try to look for something good about ourselves, we just don't see anything.

Y'all need to practice more self-love.
I know everyone is annoyed by the "SMART!" thing, but do not take that seriously. I use it to boost myself emotionally, because I like being smart and knowledgeable. Everyday, I try to read a book and learn French. Someday, I will learn French.
Someday. I have to like myself, because I am the story for me. I am my own story.

D

Deleted member

Alright so my compliment posts are getting cut short. My brother's having a panic attack so I need to go get him from work and take him home. But here's a list of the people off the top of my head that I'd love to compliment:

@KarneraMythos @PsySmasher @Smashing Ramen @Idon Cyn Cyn @osby @Luigi The President Ultomato Ultomato Noipoi Noipoi @Cutie Gwen @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ @MainJPW @NonSpecificGuy Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @SneakyLink @Just a penguin @Zachmac @JDCabrera @faygoshill @The Gentlepanda @Good Guy Giygas @NineS @Chinderblock @Rhadamanthus @SnakeFighter64 @Wademan94 @Pokechu @Iridium

And many more I'm sure. You all are great.
Hoping that your brother gets better!

D

Deleted member

@KarneraMythos @PsySmasher @Smashing Ramen @Idon Cyn Cyn @osby @Luigi The President Ultomato Ultomato Noipoi Noipoi @Cutie Gwen @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ @MainJPW @NonSpecificGuy Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @SneakyLink @Just a penguin @Zachmac @JDCabrera @faygoshill @The Gentlepanda @Good Guy Giygas @NineS @Chinderblock @Rhadamanthus @SnakeFighter64 @Wademan94 @Pokechu @Iridium

Oh man that's awful I hope he's alright, Best of luck to you and your brother Staind! hopefully everything ends up going okay.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Whoa, that's not good at all! I hope your brother is going to be alright. Good luck and be sure to give us an update on his wellbeing. Drive safely and tell your bro I give him my regards.
He'll be alright. He... gets these. It's part of the reason he's living with me now. It's just a pain when something happens at work because I have to take the bus over to him and drive him home in his car. Not to mention it's hard for him to hold his job.

He's working on it. He'll get better. Thank you for the concern.

D

Deleted member

I'm not good at giving individual compliments because I worry I'll forget people I truly care about but I wanted everyone here to know that you're the best, and let no one tell you otherwise.
You too, Opossum!
Thank you!
You have very likeable ever since we met almost two years ago.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Good luck Lucky Blue!

D

Deleted member

He'll be alright. He... gets these. It's part of the reason he's living with me now. It's just a pain when something happens at work because I have to take the bus over to him and drive him home in his car. Not to mention it's hard for him to hold his job.

You are welcome!
When people get better, I am happy.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I had a whole “woes me, I can’t complement myself becuase I’m saaaaad” garbage post sitting in the queue, but you know what? **** that. Beating myself up for being unhappy (when the reasons are totally my fault) is getting me nowhere.
I’m self-aware of my issues, and I know I can be better. So I’ll compliment myself for realizing that I can improve, and not letting that pathetic loser in me pull me down to his level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Compliment hour is over? No? Here's mine:

(I'll do one in general since I'm feeling a bit drowzy right now)

@Whole thread is a nice place overall despite sometimes getting to weird places. I like that we can have a relatively level-headed chats even if we have disagreements, our picks are totally different, our likes and other non smash hobbies are different, or we are simply at different moments in life. Plus, I always end up learning something new like the word deadass or the flags that represent groups. Most people here are quite chill, and I feel that it would be great to meet IRL.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had a whole “woes me, I can’t complement myself becuase I’m saaaaad” garbage post sitting in the queue, but you know what? **** that. Beating myself up for being unhappy (when the reasons are totally my fault) is getting me nowhere.
I’m self-aware of my issues, and I know I can be better. So I’ll compliment myself for realizing that I can improve, and not letting that pathetic loser in me pull me down.
yeeeeaaaaAAAAAAAAAAH GOOD ENERGY

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And to everyone who complimented me in this wholesomefest we had, thank you. Sincerely. I was too busy writing compliments in between inventory entries to properly receive most of my own but know that they all genuinely got to me.

D

Deleted member

Make sure to give him a big hug for us!
Note that he said WHEN, not IF
You're just jealous that I'm gonna be rich and famous and you aren't!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m self-aware of my issues, and I know I can be better. So I’ll compliment myself for realizing that I can improve, and not letting that pathetic loser in me pull me down to his level.
Now THAT'S what I like to hear!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First of all, I greatly appreciate all the shout-outs to me personally. Thanks, guys! :b:

I'd have too much to say if I were to compliment or praise any of you folks individually.

So, I'm just gonna say, you're an awesome bunch, you all. You're the kind of folks who restore some of my faith in internet communication and people in general. We don't always agree with each other, but no two people are alike. Different views and opinions aren't necessarily a bad thing. The fact that so many of you can remain so laid back and get along just to have some fun, share laughs, and talk about both differing interests and interests you have in common with one and other is pretty darn amazing, if you ask me. I'm glad that I've been able to share some of that with you all, myself. While I've known some of you for several years, now, a lot of you may instead be newer to this site than I am, or otherwise weren't familiar with me until very recently. No matter the case, as many aspects of myself still need to improve, I owe this website and people like you a fair amount of gratitude for helping me become a considerably more mature and aware person. That, and for helping me discover some new interests and hobbies of mine, as well. There's a point where you shouldn't get too comfortable or open on the internet, because there are bad people out there, but never say you can't meet and befriend good people on the internet, either. I think this place is pretty solid proof that you actually can.

I've noticed some talk about depression and encouragement, too. So, lemme ask, do you ever doubt yourselves? Criticize yourselves and encourage yourselves to become a better person or push yourselves to gain the strength to overcome whatever obstacle you're up against, instead. None of us are perfect. None of our lives are or will be perfect. But we have all the power in the world to improve on every front. Don't waste any chance to do it, and don't be too hard on yourselves. Take it from a young man who legitimately hated himself just a couple years ago. We all have regrets. It's not too late to make up for them however you can, and toss those regrets in the past, the place where they belong and no longer matter.

Keep being awesome, people! :shades:

D

Deleted member

First of all, I greatly appreciate all the shout-outs to me personally. Thanks, guys! :b:

I'd have too much to say if I were to compliment or praise any of you folks individually.

So, I'm just gonna say, you're an awesome bunch, you all. You're the kind of folks who restore some of my faith in internet communication and people in general. We don't always agree with each other, but no two people are alike. Different views and opinions aren't necessarily a bad thing. The fact that so many of you can remain so laid back and get along just to have some fun, share laughs, and talk about both differing interests and interests you have in common with one and other is pretty darn amazing, if you ask me. I'm glad that I've been able to share some of that with you all, myself. While I've known some of you for several years, now, a lot of you may instead be newer to this site than I am, or otherwise weren't familiar with me until very recently. No matter the case, as many aspects of myself still need to improve, I owe this website and people like you a fair amount of gratitude for helping me become a considerably more mature and aware person. That, and for helping me discover some new interests and hobbies of mine, as well. There's a point where you shouldn't get too comfortable or open on the internet, because there are bad people out there, but never say you can't meet and befriend good people on the internet, either. I think this place is pretty solid proof that you actually can.

I've noticed some talk about depression and encouragement, too. So, lemme ask, do you ever doubt yourselves? Criticize yourselves and encourage yourselves to become a better person or push yourselves to gain the strength to overcome whatever obstacle you're up against, instead. None of us are perfect. None of our lives are or will be perfect. But we have all the power in the world to improve on every front. Don't waste any chance to do it, and don't be too hard on yourselves. Take it from a young man who legitimately hated himself just a couple years ago. We all have regrets. It's not too late to make up for them however you can, and toss those regrets in the past, the place where they belong and no longer matter.

Keep being awesome, people! :shades:
You keep on being awesome as well!

D

Deleted member

Compliment hour is over? No? Here's mine:
something new like the word deadass
Explaining what deadass means to a 30 year old on a smash forum is definitely something I'll forever be proud of.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Me too! I find hugging awkward.
It's a running joke in my family that I keep a tally of how many hugs I've allowed them to have so as to not exhaust my supply. But it's sorta kinda not a joke.

Physical affection is absolutely not my strong suit.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This time I wanted to try being comfortable just with roughing basic shapes out even if it looks messy at first- and being patient, because I always tend to give up before I get anywhere because it doesn’t look like what I want it too- of course, that’s cause I haven’t gotten anywhere yet!

Anyway here’s an ugly sketch of my reflection from the monitor in front of me

image.jpg

D

Deleted member

I would like to address the entire thread before Wholesome hour finishes too:

@This Whole Thread: I'm not liked outside of here very much and I don't have any friends besides Family-Friends so I really needed a place to feel like I belong and I really want to say from the bottom of my heart, Thank you to everyone. Thank you to everyone rather I complimented you or not you all are fantastic.

I'm not very well liked at all outside of this place as I'm a very socially awkward person and the place I live at isn't really friendly and even in relation to my family I don't have very good relations with them since I am Bisexual which they don't know about and I don't want them to know about cause I have a brother who's very bigoted and not a very friendly person so I can't really be myself around them yet I can here which I am very appreciative for.

I'm also borderline autistic, I'm very socially awkward to the point that I stumble over my words all the time, I'm Clinically depressed yet I feel welcomed and happy here and I thank everyone for that. Everyone here feels more like a family to me than my actual family at times and I love it here, I wouldn't be anywhere near as happy as I am now without each and every one of you and this place feels like a family to me. I love all of you (Platonically of course), I respect and I cherish all of you.

We have our differences at times and we don't always see eye-to-eye but I appreciate all the memories I've made here so far and Cheers to many memories to come!

I love you all (again, Platonically).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know, Sonic games have a problem.

They have a lot of characters. They keep making more and I think that's a bit of a problem because there are a lot of characters that are underutilized.

I think Sonic should focus on these characters for a while without adding any more. I'm not saying cram them in every game, but they should be the focus for now.

The cast should stick to...

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Shadow
Rouge
Omega

Amy
Cream
Big

Espio
Charmy
Vector

Eggman
Metal Sonic

Blaze
Silver
Sticks

Yeah, I think that Sonic shouldn't expand beyond this cast for a while.

This is the cast of Sonic Heroes along with three popular Post Heroes characters.

I don't think anyone else should be added into the main cast. At least not yet.

Honorable mentions go to Mighty, Ray, and Infinite but I don't think they should make regular appearances right now.

What do you think? What should the main Sonic cast be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom