• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ya know, Sonic games have a problem.

They have a lot of characters. They keep making more and I think that's a bit of a problem because there are a lot of characters that are underutilized.

I think Sonic should focus on these characters for a while without adding any more. I'm not saying cram them in every game, but they should be the focus for now.

The cast should stick to...

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Shadow
Rouge
Omega

Amy
Cream
Big

Espio
Charmy
Vector

Eggman
Metal Sonic

Blaze
Silver
Sticks

Yeah, I think that Sonic shouldn't expand beyond this cast for a while.

This is the cast of Sonic Heroes along with three popular Post Heroes characters.

I don't think anyone else should be added into the main cast. At least not yet.

Honorable mentions go to Mighty, Ray, and Infinite but I don't think they should make regular appearances right now.

What do you think? What should the main Sonic cast be?
TBH this is pretty close to what I would want the core cast of Sonic to be. I think the Sonic franchise would, as you said, benefit from focusing on refining its core ideas, rather than continue what they've been doing since the Dream Cast now and just throwing a bunch of new ideas at every game that they never expand upon or do anything with.

Only thing I disagree with on this list is Sticks. Sticks is...kind of meh. Shadow is also kind of iffy to me because they keep failing to do anything remotely interesting with him IMO, but I'm open to the idea if they can find something to do with him that isn't forced.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guess I’ll do one lf these.

Noipoi Noipoi : Cool art and generally a cool guy
@Brelooming Disaster: He knows how to be the voice of wisdom in these dark, horny ages.
staindgrey staindgrey : Cool content and just generally fun to be around.
Wademan94 Wademan94 : Any fellow Shantae supporter is a friend of mine.
Moydow Moydow : Cool arenas and streams!
Zinith Zinith : Another fun guy to be around.
ClaTheBae ClaTheBae : Nice ****posts.
@Thesaurus30: Generally a nice guy. He always makes me feel better when I feel down.

Insert loads of people I forgot here

D

Deleted member

They have a lot of characters. They keep making more and I think that's a bit of a problem because there are a lot of characters that are underutilized.

I think Sonic should focus on these characters for a while without adding any more. I'm not saying cram them in every game, but they should be the focus for now.

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Shadow
Rouge
Omega

Amy
Cream
Big

Espio
Charmy
Vector

Eggman
Metal Sonic

Blaze
Silver
Sticks

This is the cast of Sonic Heroes along with three popular Post Heroes characters.

Honorable mentions go to Mighty, Ray, and Infinite but I don't think they should make regular appearances right now.

The problem with Sonic lies more in that they don't know what to do with them. It helps if they stablish a core cast like in Mario bros with Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi and Toad that are recurring in most games and then you have the other members of the cast rotating. And then I would suggest as the main cast something similar to this:

-Sonic
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Amy
-Eggman
-Shadow

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There was an art competition show I watched last year where the hosts challenged the people taking part to paint themselves, they brought up that; because you're constantly looking at a mirror and back at the canvas, you inevitably get details wrong, and the way you get those details wrong represent how you see yourself.

...If only I could remember what the show was called.

Excuse you?

There's only room for one Tails in these here parts.
I do think I’m kind of a ugly dude
At least right now since I haven’t shaved

image.jpg

D

Deleted member

A lot of you masturbate to women too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imo, the Sonic cast should just follow the OG 6 (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Metal), and then have the extended cast inserted when they're needed within the story and/or gameplay, instead of just shoehorning them in for no reason.

Edit: And Shadow and Blaze, but too bad they barely do anything nowadays.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Shadow
Rouge
Omega

Amy
Cream
Big

Espio
Charmy
Vector

Eggman
Metal Sonic

Blaze
Silver
Sticks

Yeah at the least main games should place focus in that pool of characters and for the time being just see if there’s any other characters that could work in spinoffs, I had an idea for a Sonic fighting game that uses and expands on many characters across the series:
https://smashboards.com/threads/working-on-ideas-for-a-sonic-fighting-game-“sonic-clash”.467802/

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I dunno man. I see fans for all the other characters I mentioned.

I really only see Fang, Bark and Bean brought up when the conversation is old Sonic characters and a lot of people seem satisfied to just leave them alone.
Well their cameos in Mania got a lot of positive reception from what I saw.

If anything, a smaller fanbase is probably due to their absence and fans not familar with the pre-Adventure games wouldn't know them.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OK let's just ****ing do this. I actually have a list of the users I associate with so I can just grab whatever comes to mind. If I sound distant, it's because I'm awkward about this stuff:

Teeb147 Teeb147 : Nice, supportive, funny. Cool to be around. Helps make the Square Enix threads nice places.

@ryumo : Level-headed and practical over Erdrick's chances. Also cool enough to make a suicide bet with.

@ShotoStar : cool Geno supporter

@Smashing Ramen : Participated in my Reggie memes. How could I not mention you?

Idon Idon : Don't know much about him but he generally makes me chuckle.

@faygoshill : Taught me more about Avengers and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 than any man. Stand up comedian.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda : Funny memer dude. Dies for his waifus. Good man.

@「Hinata」 : Nice person. Confident about what she loves and his honest about her opinions. Typically funny.

Noipoi Noipoi : I respect the positivity you bring here.

@osby : Does his job and has a sense of humor.

@tehponycorn : Pretty much shares my sentiments on Smash speculation and is a pretty cool dude.

*looks at list* I'm not even halfway done?

Ugggh...

@Cutie Gwen : Funny, blunt, honest, cutie

@ShinyLegendary : Willing to take criticism and is open to learning. I respect this.

@Rhadamanthus @Diem Wademan94 Wademan94 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Kingslime304 @KarneraMythos : You always like my posts, you ****-ers. Don't think I don't acknowledge you. Thanks.

@SnakeFighter64 : Cool person to be around. Willing to lend an ear if you need one, bud.

@Professor Pumpkaboo : Any person who makes Danganronpa jokes is a good person.

@Onereasonanddone @TotsBS : Legitimately funny

@Mythra : Don't worry. I laugh at all of the sex jokes. You're cool to be around.

@TheCJBrine : Made active efforts to push for respecting what he loves.

staindgrey staindgrey : Cool person with interesting stories and a decent sense of humor.

@Opossum : A Fire Emblem fan? I like you immediately.

@N3ON : Insightful, level-headed in the support threads, made be laugh at loud at the Imperialdramon FM radio joke.

@GothFluttershy : Look forward to five pages of the best fictional dogs if Erdrick doesn't make it.

@Guybrush20X6 : Hey, a fellow Comic Furian. Nice!

Pyra Pyra : Got me good with that PAX East stunt, I will admit. Cool guy.

@Luigi The President : Honest about what she thinks and enjoys.

Damn. I'm tired. That's not all but I got nothing left to say after all of that.
Thanks for saying nice things about me and the others :)

I know the time has passed, but I missed the wholesome hour so just thought it was cool.
Now to wonder what the hell's going on with everyone.. XD

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do think I’m kind of a ugly dude
At least right now since I haven’t shaved

You aren't an ugly guy. :)
Well I'm certainly not going to masturbate to ceiling tiles...
*rumblings from 4chan*
THIS THREAD IS A SIGN THAT WE DO NOT GO OUTSIDE ENOUGH, AND I AM MAD AT MYSELF AND ALL OF YOU. WHY CAN I NOT BE LIKE THE GREAT ENLIGHTENERS THAT ACTUALLY GO OUTSIDE? I AM LIVID.
Be the change you want to see.

You wanna go outside more? You should go outside more.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Man look at this like difference.
733A7C69-B8AC-40F6-BC77-EB1E489E9100.jpeg

Gotta add “aaa” to my next post.
Have you considered the possibility you went to the same class.
And what if I told you
We’re brothers. I started doing voice over and he followed behind me. We both decided to take acting classes just to get used to it.

I’m better than him though. /s

D

Deleted member

Thanks for saying nice things about me and the others :)

I know the time has passed, but I missed the wholesome hour so just thought it was cool.
Now to wonder what the hell's going on with everyone.. XD
Regretting wholesome hours when I have an exam tomorrow. :laugh:

Back to studying!

You're welcome.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Have you considered the possibility they're the same person?

And that they masturbate to women too much?

D

Deleted member

so first off what the ****
glitch in the ****ing matrix
Same energy

Same school
As Nate said, we’re bros.
H m
Wa-really?

We’ve got actual family in the thread?
Yeet.
Prepare for trouble!

And make it double!
:insert other quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom