• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
oh it's now technically april fools in the UK, guess that means it's fair game to pull my epic prank

errr

well

i'll be back to get y'all later

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You actually misspelled Chris Redfield because if a RE rep gets in it will be him no doubt being the face of the franchise.
That's what's unique about Resident Evil, though. There is no face of the franchise.

Leon: Star of RE2, RE4, RE6, all three CGI movies, Gaiden.
Chris: Star of RE1, RE:CV, RE5, RE6, Vendetta, most MvC appearances
Jill: Star of RE1, RE3, RE:Rev1, first MvC rep.
Claire: Star of RE2, RE:CV, RE:Rev2, Degeneration

Capcom varies things up to keep them fresh, reintroducing old characters at various points and giving cover-star duties to any of the main four-- plus the occasional outlier like Rebecca on RE0 and Vendetta. There is no singular star.

And the reason I push so hard for Jill is that she's overdue for her turn. (Though if rumors are to be believed in 2020 she'll have both the RE3make and the next CGI movie all to herself.)

D

Deleted member

oh it's now technically april fools in the UK, guess that means it's fair game to pull my epic prank

errr

well

i'll be back to get y'all later
You kind of gave away your element of surprise, mate. I now will put you on my ignore list for the rest of the month.

D

Deleted member

Something like
  • Piranha Plant
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Banjo
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Nintendo Promo Rep (separate from Fighters Pass)
    • Please be Astral Chain Twins they'd be so cool
  • Ballot pick (separate from Fighters Pass)
    • Hard maybe
seems pretty realistic, if not a bit too optimistic, to me. It's 8 characters (7 if we say that Piranha Plant was a cut base roster character), which lines up perfectly with what we got for Sm4sh.
I do find it sorta amusing how many people have switched from the Steve stallion to the Banjo boat.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I know exactly what I'm gonna do April fools day!

Only use gifs of something that is not Dorothy.

Probably gonna be nothing but Cyberchase gifs!

D

Deleted member

I do find it sorta amusing how many people have switched from the Steve stallion to the Banjo boat.
That Polar source really gave a lot of people second thoughts about the whole situation. It's a coin flip right now. I'll wait and see if there's any other leaker info to work with. By the by, watch everybody start believing Vergeben again as soon as he says Banjo is in.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's because up until recently, Steve seemed like a shoo-in.
For me, he was the most likely Microsoft rep that I wanted. B&K was just a pipe dream.
But now there's evidence that B&K could actually happen.
So of course people switch.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For me, he was the most likely Microsoft rep that I wanted. B&K was just a pipe dream.
Especially if the Rare Replay on Switch is proven to be true I definitely sink that seals in their inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I know, I just think it's best to keep your mind open, steve aint out of the running just yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
**** it,

Capcom if you wanna make me happy, put in Wesker and have him do his shooty teleport MvC bull****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now if you want to feel like you're playing a fighting game while you're playing a 3rd person action game, might I recommend...

Bloody Palace out tomorrow btw.
Oh I know, I just think it's best to keep your mind open, steve aint out of the running just yet.
He's certainly not, but the fact that Banjo has become a legitimate possibility only just recently means more people are talking about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 50, Guests: 50)"
*insert Thanos quote here.*

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Especially if the Rare Replay on Switch is proven to be true I definitely sink that seals in their inclusion.
This is everyone's daily reminder that having a game on a modern Nintendo system is only a general indicator of a character's inclusion, and not a deciding factor.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Guys, I found someone who leaked Smash Ultimate three years ago!

FC5212A6-17A3-4882-9608-83191BFF73F6.jpeg

B7E85BAA-9DA6-4AFF-96E4-58B90EDC23E0.jpeg

It’s funny finding posts that predict the future.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if you think anyone is a shoo-in you're lackin

That "evidence" has no correlation to an inclusion in Smash Bros. Once any game comes to Switch people immediately think they're coming to Smash, but that's just simply not the case.

Tell me where it is in Nintendo's contract that you can only have your games brought to the Switch if they allowed their characters in Smash first?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
"Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 50, Guests: 50)"
*insert Thanos quote here.*
Is it the time of the Day where we start talking about the amount of guests watching again?
W'ellp, time to go to sleep I spose

D

Deleted member

That "evidence" has no correlation to an inclusion in Smash Bros. Once any game comes to Switch people immediately think they're coming to Smash, but that's just simply not the case.

Tell me where it is in Nintendo's contract that you can only have your games brought to the Switch if they allowed their characters in Smash first?
wasn't the evidence like an actual leak from polarpanda

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know exactly what I'm gonna do April fools day!

Only use gifs of something that is not Dorothy.

Probably gonna be nothing but Cyberchase gifs!
Heh, watch me delete my account tomorrow.

Honestly, Steve vs. Banjo is still the funniest rivalry that had no good reason for happening. At this point, I really feel nothing towards either, but nothing against them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
if you think anyone is a shoo-in you're lackin

There's been more evidence than the Rare Replay thing.

There's no contract like that, but Rare Replay coming to Switch puts B&K back in the spotlight. If Rare Replay is indeed coming to Switch, that establishes a brand new, strong Nintendo-Microsoft relationship, which would be highlighting B&K at the very start.

I'm just saying he's grown more likely.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I'm selling things short, but I think a lot of it is because people want Steve to be wrong and want Banjo to be right.
Yeah that's definitely apart of it, but I've seen people who want steve still hop on the Banjo ballistic missile. I find it odd.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah that's definitely apart of it, but I've seen people who want steve still hop on the Banjo ballistic missile. I find it odd.
Perhaps they implicitly trust Polar's source and their faith in Verg (and/or anyone else who claimed Steve) is gone.

Okay but like

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku (aka Mr. Steve) seems cool with Banjo now.

It's a lil deeper than that.
I can't speak for any specific instance, but it's also a case of the likelier a character seems, the more people jump on board.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But the Xbox 360 had already done that?

Pretty sure Minecraft's crossplay did that first but ok
My point is it'd be putting B&K back in the spotlight in a Nintendo-oriented context.

Minecraft's crossplay is nowhere near the level of an actual Microsoft game coming to the console, and if the rumors that go alongside the Rare Replay rumors are true, the Game Pass will be coming as well. This is obviously much more then the simple crossplay.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps they implicitly trust Polar's source and their faith in Verg (and/or anyone else who claimed Steve) is gone.
I wouldn't be so quick to put all my eggs in the banjo basket anyways, ultimately it's one guy's source against another guy's source, not exactly much to go of off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom