• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What would people's reaction be if a Dark Souls rep is added to represent Namco instead of a Tales or Tekken rep?
I've been meaning to try out Dark Souls anyways, so this is just another good excuse to go and play it. It's on Switch, right? Perfect.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also why you been so set on Leon lately king?

Being serious, he's just a character that clicks for me. There's really no other way to describe it. I feel like a Resident Evil character is extremely slept on, similar to Erdrick before all of the leaks. I'll explain more when I finally get around to Rate Their Chances In-Depth (I've currently got 16 characters so I'll take 4 more to do 4 sets of 5), but it just makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Being serious, he's just a character that clicks for me. There's really no other way to describe it. I feel like a Resident Evil character is extremely slept on, similar to Erdrick before all of the leaks. I'll explain more when I finally get around to Rate Their Chances In-Depth (I've currently got 16 characters so I'll take 4 more to do 4 sets of 5), but it just makes sense.
Isn't Resident Evil one of the most successful gaming series out there? Or at least has one of the most sold games in gaming? It's pretty iconic given how it helped craft horror gaming into what it is today. With RE2 Remake out there being successful, I think the series as a legit shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that Spongeboards is all but confirmed for tomorrow due to some hints, Moydow Moydow , please make sure I get a Squidward avatar. :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So is everyone's avatar tomorrow going to be changed to Persona 5 characters or what?

Anyways my Top 10 most like 3rd party franchise top get a character IMO list.

1. Dragon Quest
2. Tales Of
3. Resident Evil
4. Banjo
5. Minecraft
6. SNK(KoF or Samurai Shodown)
7. Crash
8. Ninja Gaiden
9. Professor Layton
10. Yo-kai Watch

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And Soulcalibur is out of the running apparently?
I just don't think Soulcalibur is as likely given Namco's other series.
  • Tekken is more well known (mainly due to the FGC), and had mii costumes
  • Tales of is more associated with Nintendo, and had mii costumes
  • Dark Souls is more popular (probably the most popular series as a whole), and has an amiibo on Switch (which is rare for third parties)
Soulcalibur, while definitely noteworthy, doesn't compare.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, if any RE character's getting in it's gonna be Chris.

Hard to say. Leon's pretty iconic thanks to RE 4 and now RE 2 Remake. Sure Chris was in UMvC3, but that's because Resident Evil 5 was the most recent game at the time. There are a lot of iconic moments from this series the more I think about it. Hard to say who would get in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys, if any RE character's getting in it's gonna be Chris.

god that reminds me

back in like 2010 there was this roblox remake of RE5, i **** you not. and for 2010, that game was an underrated bop. it was well-made, not even kidding.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
  • Dark Souls is more popular (probably the most popular series as a whole), and has an amiibo on Switch (which is rare for third parties)
Don't forgot that the series nearly died twice in a row(I think) before SCVI.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm old enough to associate Soulcalibur more closely with Nintendo, I guess.

But it won't be them.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Thats Rokusho, the superior yet lesser known of the two starter/mascot Medabots.
Looks nice. Out of curiosity, though, who's the tiny Cooler lookalike on the left side? (Sandwiched between 2B and Amaterasu) I've never seen him around.
The fact that this is the second time today I'm answering this question makes me worry for so many souls

D

Deleted member

Watch this all be wrong and Nightmare just comes in like

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Something like
  • Piranha Plant
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Banjo
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Nintendo Promo Rep (separate from Fighters Pass)
    • Please be Astral Chain Twins they'd be so cool
  • Ballot pick (separate from Fighters Pass)
    • Hard maybe
seems pretty realistic, if not a bit too optimistic, to me. It's 8 characters (7 if we say that Piranha Plant was a cut base roster character), which lines up perfectly with what we got for Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hard to say. Leon's pretty iconic thanks to RE 4 and now RE 2 Remake. Sure Chris was in UMvC3, but that's because Resident Evil 5 was the most recent game at the time. There are a lot of iconic moments from this series the more I think about it. Hard to say who would get in.
I dunno, he's got the seniority material (RE1) like Simon Belmont, he's got the crossover poster-boy appeal ( RE5, MvC3, MvCI, and RE7) like P5 Joker, he's got the wacky weapon moveset potential (the dozens of guns) like Snake,

mix that all together, and I think there's a strong possibility for him, especially considering Leon's big resurgence happened only just 2 months ago in RE2make when the DLC was already chosen.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Anyone is here.png

Current version. Zooming in closer on the faces of Ghirahim and Zero messes them up and most epic renders of Zero are actually of "Megaman Zero", not of "Zero".(these are two very destinct characters)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oy mate, Persona 2 Tatsuya reaction images are my territory.
Why did my mind go straight to Sakurai when I saw him for the first time?

It gave that extra feel to tehphony’s post.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something like
  • Piranha Plant
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Banjo
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Nintendo Promo Rep (bonus baybee)
  • maybe Ballot pick
seems pretty realistic, if not a bit too optimistic, to me. It's 8 characters (7 if we say that Piranha Plant was a cut base roster character), which lines up perfectly with what we got for Sm4sh.
smells like anti-minecraft in this thread

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lloyd and Heihachi are the most likely Namco reps.

I'm feeling Heihachi who'll be revealed in August in commemoration and honor of his voice actor. Plus on top of a Mii costume. He was considered for Sm4sh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

natu gang needs some dirty business done. must bring your own weapons. safety not guaranteed. the reward varies on quality of the done deed. cant disclose details in public. dm me for more info on the mission. da boss will decide if you are worthy for the task.

D

Deleted member

I feel that in general we're sleeping on a good amount of characters from Namco.

Tales is a good candidate, but so Dark Souls, Tekken, Soul Calibur, KOS-MOS, Digimon, etc.

Frankly, if we get any DLC pick from them it could be anyone as they fill certain niches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom